BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

1 minute ago, Counselor said:

Outside of QB... or do you consider him something else

It's just really tough to tell at this point who is actually going to be drafted highly enough to count. I haven't been terribly impressed with AJ Epenesa so far, and I've thought Raekwon Davis is a Day 2 nose tackle guy for over a year, but it doesn't feel like they're generally considered top (of the first) prospects right now anyways.

Laviska Shenault is amazing but I'd be scared to draft him. He's either constantly hurt or protecting himself for the Draft already, neither of which is a great sign for his toughness at the NFL level.

Monty Rice (LB Georgia) had some offseason hype, but I got to see him live against Tennesssee and he was just bad. No feel in coverage. Better against SC but I think even his own team knows what he is.

Tre'von Diggs and Bryce Hall haven't really impressed me at corner. They have some good things going for them, but first round, eh. That said, my takes on DBs in BDL have been biblically bad, so take it for what that's worth.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

@TedLavie your inbox is full

Good to know nothing has changed.

8 hours ago, Blue said:

It's just really tough to tell at this point who is actually going to be drafted highly enough to count. I haven't been terribly impressed with AJ Epenesa so far, and I've thought Raekwon Davis is a Day 2 nose tackle guy for over a year, but it doesn't feel like they're generally considered top (of the first) prospects right now anyways.

Laviska Shenault is amazing but I'd be scared to draft him. He's either constantly hurt or protecting himself for the Draft already, neither of which is a great sign for his toughness at the NFL level.

Monty Rice (LB Georgia) had some offseason hype, but I got to see him live against Tennesssee and he was just bad. No feel in coverage. Better against SC but I think even his own team knows what he is.

Tre'von Diggs and Bryce Hall haven't really impressed me at corner. They have some good things going for them, but first round, eh. That said, my takes on DBs in BDL have been biblically bad, so take it for what that's worth.

I do want to say this: I think it's easy to see which guys deserve to get drafted high, even this early in the process. Andrew Thomas and Tristan Wirfs are, by far, the best players I've seen in this draft class and should be top 10 picks short of anything character or health related (and either would/should be in the 1st overall convo if not for the insane value of rookie quarterbacks). Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs are (in my opinion) the best two receivers in the country, let alone in this draft. Jonathan Taylor might be the cleanest eval at running back since Adrian Peterson, even if he doesn't have the ceiling of Barkley, Elliott, or Gurley. Isaiah Simmons is a Jaylon Smith type linebacker in what he can do for a defense. This should be a 2012 level of talent in the top 20 this year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jlash said:

You still sour about working a normal work week?

I got a small break this weekend after working 11 out of 12 days. Headed back to the grind until at least the end of the year.

This used to be a place I'd got to for a break but just feels different this year.

I'm definitely going to take a step back next season and may even pull a Rags and take a year off of Committees. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

I got a small break this weekend after working 11 out of 12 days. Headed back to the grind until at least the end of the year.

This used to be a place I'd got to for a break but just feels different this year.

I'm definitely going to take a step back next season and may even pull a Rags and take a year off of Committees. 

Honestly, it was needed.  Similar reason why I don't play a lot of Mafia during football season.  Just like a 75% reset.

I think that there has been a lot of turnover in ownership(for the better) and a ton of trading, so the guys doing spreadsheets and committees are extra busy.  It's also been very competitive this year.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

You’ve been here long enough and done enough to take whatever time off that is necessary.

• Like 5