BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

Jack Riley Show - Interview with owner of the Anchorage Wolves, @Counselor

Good Afternoon Counselor, welcome to the Jack Riley Show.

What kind of stupid name is that?

For the sake of keeping the show interesting, I will ask the questions today while you sit on the couch.

Is this a casting couch?

First and foremost you have made a living off of trading talent for draft picks. What has been the motivation behind stockpiling so many picks?

I believe I am a good scout and can turn those picks into riches. I’m gambling on myself. Plus two players were going to be RFA wanted to get more than just a first for them and I did. Plus I wasn’t winning it all this year with my corner group and Cousins. No but seriously why not? Picks are like presents. I was done playing with the old toys. 

Would it be fair to say that if you don't win a championship by the end of next season it is a disappointment?

No, this is a 100 year rebuild. Like the 100 year war. If you don’t know about it ask Pheltz he fought in it. 

Right now you're on the outside looking in but there is still a chance, still time to turn it around. How confident are you that you can make it happen?

Won’t happen this year. Ask me again in 100 years. Stupid question. If I’m on the outside looking in you can’t even see that there is something to look inside you are so far outside, Wild Willy.

Is Tyler Boyd getting paid?

Yes he is. Fake BDL money thousands compared to millions. I mean 8k? Why wouldn’t I pay that? That’s less than two months pay after tax and retirement and life insurance and all that for me. And I still can’t afford a box of Oreos, California for you.

What has your biggest accomplishment/ failure been as an owner? 

Turning my first, fifth, and seventh round picks from my first year into the capital that I did. Failure? Trading away most of what would be a dominant team. Yes a contradiction I know.

Who do you feel your biggest contributors have been both offensively and defensively?

How about biggest surprises? Mark Ingram and Jamie Collins for me. Who would have thunk it?

Let's talk about two specific Trades. Cooper Kupp is a huge play maker, do you have any regrets in trading him. 

Okay the truth here is that I had the three best Caucasian players at their positions in the league in McCaffrey, Kittle, and Kupp. I didn’t think it was a good PR (not GM PR or Pickle Rick PR, or Puerto Rican PR) look for my fans who said my team was too “Vanilla”. Come to find out after all the trades they were talking about my play calling... whoops. 

George Kittle is possibly the best Tight End in the league. I suppose I can understand the trade but there is an opportunity for you to potentially get him back in the offseason. Be honest, are you tempted?

Once again couldn’t have the Kittle calling the Pot Black. No I’m not tempted. I’m a lot of awful things but I’m a gentleman. I will not I solemnly swear bid on The People’s Tight End.

Worst Owner in BDL recent history, former or current?

Footsy, because apparently it’s a big insult to be compared to him. And his name sounds like a pet name for someone who has a fetish.

Best Owner not named Counselor?

Swole, he trades me all his draft picks.

Who do you think the Bizz Bowl favorite is?

Lancaster, which is partly a win for me since I’m the Wolves and they are the Werewolves. It’s like I am the man and they are the woman. I’m Adam they are Eve. You catch my drift. 

If the draft was tomorrow, who are the Wolves drafting with their top pick, other than Tua?

Im not drafting Tua or a QB early. I drafted Haskins for crying out loud. I traded for Mason Rudolph so he could come closer to the North Pole, I still have Kirk Kissing Cousins. How many mistakes do you want me to make at the position? 

Anything you'd like to add before we conclude?

I need to drop a mean deuce! 

Thank you for sitting down with me. 

You sat down with me though... you’re in my ******* living room for crying out loud! Oh wait no it’s not. Where am I?

• Like 7