BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

10 minutes ago, PR said:

If he hasn't been a part of the team. He currently isn't retired. It is a Doug Baldwin situation unfortunately 

I'm not talking retirement cut here but FA cut. 

1. The player doesn't need to be a FA for a year. He needs to be FA at the time of the cut and to have not played a snap in a year. So if the Jags cut him I'm good. 

2. The question is: is Baldwin / Telvin status considered as FA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

Once he pass the full year threshold, can I FA cut Telvin Smith? Is he considered a FA? 

Nope. 

54 minutes ago, Counselor said:

One thing I don’t get is why Swole wouldn’t let me write his gameplan if that is what he was turning in. Bet I would have beaten OKC and Lancaster would be in the playoffs. 

I was gonna write a gameplan, but then real life happened and combined with school+thanksgiving I just got swarmed. I should've let you but oh well.

5 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

1. The player doesn't need to be a FA for a year. He needs to be FA at the time of the cut and to have not played a snap in a year. So if the Jags cut him I'm good. 

He is a FA because he is on the retired/reserved list but good luck convincing BDL of that. 

21 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

Telvin isn't currently a FA.

24 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’m going to sort out the votes in the offseason and make sure the teams get the punishments for not voting or commenting if they meet the criteria we voted on last off season. It’s a rule in place. Then you have votes with no comments or mass votes coming within minutes of each other. PR you voted for Portland with no reasoning as a team that needed OKC to lose to get into the playoffs this looks cringe. Ted has missed votes like three weeks now. If I have to be the bad guy and hold people accountable I’ll do it. You all will probably hate me but the rule is there for a reason right? 

I didn't know OKC situation. I only knew about Lancaster. I saw one owner not wanting to win and not be in the playoffs I saw the other team do a bull**** game plan. I decided a tie was the best outcome for the two and evened the vote.

I also openly stated I'm on vacation this week out of state and would vote if I had time. I voted when I had a little time on the beach and went about my day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PR said:

I didn't know OKC situation. I only knew about Lancaster. I saw one owner not wanting to win and not be in the playoffs I saw the other team do a bull**** game plan. I decided a tie was the best outcome for the two and evened the vote.

I also openly stated I'm on vacation this week out of state and would vote if I had time. I voted when I had a little time on the beach and went about my day.

What beach are you at?

18 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

combined with school+thanksgiving

Yea today is Thanksgiving so that doesn't fly for last week's game plan homie. Solid attempt though.

The whole "life happens" thing is fun, that seems to happen a lot.

Since joining BDL I've gotten married, moved, moved again, lost a child, had a child, got a new job, moved again, moved again, had another child, got divorced, moved again, got a new job, moves again, moved again, got another new job and moved again. I've missed maybe one write up? These things take like 20 minutes.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I’m going to sort out the votes in the offseason and make sure the teams get the punishments for not voting or commenting if they meet the criteria we voted on last off season. It’s a rule in place. Then you have votes with no comments or mass votes coming within minutes of each other. PR you voted for Portland with no reasoning as a team that needed OKC to lose to get into the playoffs this looks cringe. Ted has missed votes like three weeks now. If I have to be the bad guy and hold people accountable I’ll do it. You all will probably hate me but the rule is there for a reason right? 

I'm fine with it. I failed to meet the voting requirements in two weeks I think. Which should lead to a small, deserved fine. 

I may not see it through anyway 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Yea today is Thanksgiving so that doesn't fly for last week's game plan homie. Solid attempt though.

The whole "life happens" thing is fun, that seems to happen a lot.

Since joining BDL I've gotten married, moved, moved again, lost a child, had a child, got a new job, moved again, moved again, had another child, got divorced, moved again, got a new job, moves again, moved again, got another new job and moved again. I've missed maybe one write up? These things take like 20 minutes.

Good for you man, except for the divorce part and lost child part sorry to hear that. 

We all have different lives and different responsibilities and I commend you for only missing one game-plan, and yeah a simplistic game-plan can only be 20 minutes but that's not my style. I'd rather not turn one in than do a half assed attempt (almost didn't but for the playoffs sake I did) I prioritize my real life over BDL and I'm not sorry about that but I'm still here and I plan to be until the 2021 collapse.

not gonna lie having a losing record at this stage also killed my motivation.