BDL Discussion Thread 2019

Jlash

17 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Yea today is Thanksgiving so that doesn't fly for last week's game plan homie. Solid attempt though.

The whole "life happens" thing is fun, that seems to happen a lot.

Since joining BDL I've gotten married, moved, moved again, lost a child, had a child, got a new job, moved again, moved again, had another child, got divorced, moved again, got a new job, moves again, moved again, got another new job and moved again. I've missed maybe one write up? These things take like 20 minutes.

Have you not thought you’re just amazing for being as consistent as you’ve been?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Oh boy everyone quitting. Will the league cave soon? Let me know so I can get rid of all my 2021 picks to try a desperation full on go all in season next year.

Our retention has been good in recent years. This topic rarely comes into discussion unless things are going wrong.

26 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Yea today is Thanksgiving so that doesn't fly for last week's game plan homie. Solid attempt though.

The whole "life happens" thing is fun, that seems to happen a lot.

Since joining BDL I've gotten married, moved, moved again, lost a child, had a child, got a new job, moved again, moved again, had another child, got divorced, moved again, got a new job, moves again, moved again, got another new job and moved again. I've missed maybe one write up? These things take like 20 minutes.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but my issue is more with the time spent on voting. You have to read 14 gameplans a week and decide on seven matchups. Now it might be because I'm not a native speaker and reading those plans demand more effort for me than for others, but these take a loooong time. Time I'm not willing to dedicate anymore, especially given the overall vibe of this thread in the past year or so.

On an unrelated note, the anti-tanking rule is the only reason why I submitted a gameplan the last two weeks. And having games with 4 comments on it (and I'm well aware that I'm part of the problem here) is ridiculous. I think this rule is good I'm glad someone has decided to make the count. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Have you not thought you’re just amazing for being as consistent as you’ve been?

Haha, I think BDL just means different things for me. I like it, I enjoy the write ups and the game planning.

10 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Our retention has been good in recent years. This topic rarely comes into discussion unless things are going wrong.

It has. I hope Ted reconsiders. The lull from being a consistent contender to full rebuild takes it's toll, hopefully he sees past it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

You can literally spread it over 4 days though. I think most of us take until the last minute to do it and then it's a major chore.

I made Game plans my tie breaker about 4 years ago and it has saved my sanity. Also when about a 3rd of the league just copy pastes the same thing each week it really shouldn't be a major factor IMO.

I think part of it is that we just process things differently now than we did when this thing started.

We'll see how many people want to quit after the season and reevaluate. I'd rather contract again to less teams than keep fishing for 3-4 new owners every year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TedLavie said:

I'm not talking retirement cut here but FA cut. 

1. The player doesn't need to be a FA for a year. He needs to be FA at the time of the cut and to have not played a snap in a year. So if the Jags cut him I'm good. 

2. The question is: is Baldwin / Telvin status considered as FA

If Tevin Smith is released by the Jags then the FA Cut rules would apply.

Baldwin is free to be cut in January.

1 minute ago, SirA1 said:

If Tevin Smith is released by the Jags then the FA Cut rules would apply.

Baldwin is free to be cut in January.

Smith in some legal trouble apparently. There's a thread on another forum showing cops at his house, searching the place and towing his escalade. So he may get officially dumped pretty soon.

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Smith in some legal trouble apparently. There's a thread on another forum showing cops at his house, searching the place and towing his escalade. So he may get officially dumped pretty soon.

Yeah I saw that. It will likely lead to his release.