Packers Hire LaFleur

Nads786

Packers management has not impressed me of late.

Big FA moves of 2018 were Graham and Lewis.    They got lucky NO made a bad trade.  First pick was pretty good.  Rest of their rookie class didn't set league on fire and they picked 11 guys.  A lot of guys taking roster spots.  

They just hired a coach with no experience to go with a long time veteran QB entering his last handful of seasons who is sure to be surly.  Who is going to be in charge in that couple?  They have an NBA/coach relationship now which sucks in football.   HC has to be the big bad boss.

58 minutes ago, Golfman said:

More replies in the thread on who the Packers hired than there is for any Bear related topic since the double doink. 

I think the Packers are in your heads and they should be! tick tock, tick tock. 

Yeah...because you guys don't have all Bears related thread in your forum too right?

CB was good, but they passed on two play makers for Rodgers in Ridley and DJ Moore.  Either one of those guys, especially Ridley, would have made that offense way, way better.  If you are going to pass 70% of time why not get a playmaker?   Rodgers running around, buying time and looking for guys.  If one of those guys is Ridley they are cooking with gas.  That guy can find open space in those situations and make people miss.  So can DJ Moore.  

They threw darts at a bunch of late round guys at same position hoping for cheap gold.  They felt like they had to have a corner in draft.  They should have got one in FA so they could have taken best player available.  

If they don't trade they could have had Derwin James.  Alexander is good, but Derwin James is a meta human like Barkley.  I don't fault the trade though.  I might if they don't get a good player with he pick.  

4 hours ago, Golfman said:

More replies in the thread on who the Packers hired than there is for any Bear related topic since the double doink. 

You have an 8 page thread in your forum just about Khalil Mack......

You lost to Arizona.....

You got shutout by De freaking troit....

You think the Bears are worried about your scrub team anymore? Naaaaahhhhhhh.

Keep being optimistic though because it'll make it that much sweeter for us when your team sucks again next year. Which they will.

Here are the records of all the head coaches that were hired in 2016:

Chip Kelly, San Francisco 49ers: 2-14 (fired after one year)

Hue Jackson, Cleveland Browns: 3-36-1 (fired in 2018)

Ben McAdoo, New York Giants: 14-18, 0-1 in playoffs (fired in 2017)

Dirk Koetter, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 19-29 (fired in 2018)

Adam Gase, Miami Dolphins: 23-25, 0-1 in playoffs (fired in 2018)

Mike Mularkey, Tennessee Titans: 18-14, 1-1 in playoffs (fired in 2017)

Doug Pederson, Philadelphia Eagles: 29-19, 3-0 in playoffs, Won Super Bowl 52.

The odds of a HC working out in today's NFL are very slim. Side note, Doug was rated the worst out of all of the hires. 

13 minutes ago, Pool said:

You have an 8 page thread in your forum just about Khalil Mack......

You lost to Arizona.....

You got shutout by De freaking troit....

You think the Bears are worried about your scrub team anymore? Naaaaahhhhhhh.

Keep being optimistic though because it'll make it that much sweeter for us when your team sucks again next year. Which they will.

Six and ten! Mark it down! 

4 hours ago, Golfman said:

Why wouldn't this be an interesting topic? You guys have a two hundred page thread on the Khalil Mack trade...which hilariously got renamed "Bears trade too much for Khalil Mack" about halfway through. Talk about pathetic...

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Six and ten! Mark it down! 

The Pack will be six and ten next year. Sounds about right. I've marked it down, as requested. 

Archived