Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

3 hours ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Anyone else think we could be a dark horse team for someone like Tevin Coleman? 

The guys 25 years old with good tread on the wheels. 6'1 210lbs can run well and come out of the backfield as a pass catcher.  Could grow with Lamar/Gus and potentially a draft pick back there. Just a thought. 

Yes, but I'd still rather pass. I'm at the point where spending any money on a free agent running back sounds like a bad idea. There are too many backs that can be found later in the draft or as undrafted free agents that are productive. The Le'Veon Bell rumors are interesting but I don't think there's any substance to them. 

I am with C0 here. If we want a pass catcher, there are plenty in the draft which seems to be available in the later rounds. I am still high on Myles Gaskin as that type of player who has been a productive back in every facet of the game.

16 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Another guy who thinks Chris Moore is our best WR. I have no idea what these guys see on the practice field that doesn't ever turn up in actual games, but it must be legendary.

He's good when the team actually uses him in games. The numbers back it up. That just doesn't happen much for whatever reason. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Another guy who thinks Chris Moore is our best WR. I have no idea what these guys see on the practice field that doesn't ever turn up in actual games, but it must be legendary.

Chris Moore had a 90.5% True Catch Rate and Generated a 111.4 QBR when targeted. Made some spectacular catches. Displayed a beautiful and super effective release out of the slot. Created separation inside and out.

Chris Moore has developed and it's time he got his shot.

Just now, DreamKid said:

Chris Moore had a 90.5% True Catch Rate and Generated a 111.4 QBR when targeted. Made some spectacular catches. Displayed a beautiful and super effective release out of the slot. Created separation inside and out.

Chris Moore has developed and it's time he got his shot.

1 minute ago, coordinator0 said:

He's good when the team actually uses him in games. The numbers back it up. That just doesn't happen much for whatever reason. 

I'm sorry I just do not see it at all. To me, whenever he's on the field he looks like a typical #4 WR and plays like a typical #4 WR. He doesn't dominate the (usually backup) guy across from him, and he routinely doesn't make contested catches. Not sure where these numbers are coming from, but either our staff is incompetent for not throwing him out there despite "the numbers" backing up his "amazing" play, or he's just not good (which the tape supports). Or our QB's just suck and he's just running wide open all over the place but NOBODY ever notices it?

Where are the examples of his "beautiful and super effective release out of the slot" and "created separation inside and out"? He flashes once every so often but that's it. No consistency whatsoever. That's exactly what your typical #4 WR is.

Very few young receivers ever developed when Flacco was under center, save for Torrey Smith. Breshad Perriman was cut by the Ravens and now he is turning down contract extensions from the Browns based on his play there. I'm not sure how well we can analyze Chris Moore because he's been stuck with a QB who freezes out young WRs. I say give Chris Moore a chance to develop some chemistry with Lamar Jackson in the offseason and see how it goes.  

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'm sorry I just do not see it at all.

Why does that shock you? If most of your evaluations of our players were in anyway accurate or based in reality, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have won a single game the past 7 seasons. From what I can tell you don't watch the All-22, you don't monitor analysts or writers that do, you don't search out advanced stats on players....I mean what process are you going through to reach your conclusions? And if it's an exceptionally limited one, like I'm assuming, why are you so confident in it?

You gave ZDS this same rap last offseason.

27 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

To me, whenever he's on the field he looks like a typical #4 WR and plays like a typical #4 WR. He doesn't dominate the (usually backup) guy across from him, and he routinely doesn't make contested catches. Not sure where these numbers are coming from, but either our staff is incompetent for not throwing him out there despite "the numbers" backing up his "amazing" play, or he's just not good (which the tape supports). Or our QB's just suck and he's just running wide open all over the place but NOBODY ever notices it?

^^^You packed a whole lot of gems into that one lol.

Where the numbers are coming from- https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/chris-moore/

That release I mentioned- The Ravens went to Moore on this concept multiple times throughout the year, recognizing it's/his effectiveness. 

Some amazing catches-

6 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm not sure how well we can analyze Chris Moore because he's been stuck with a QB who freezes out young WRs.

Yea, all those young and talented receivers we brought in for Flacco. There's so many it's hard to even name one.

1 minute ago, DreamKid said:

Why does that shock you? If most of your evaluations of our players were in anyway accurate or based in reality, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have won a single game the past 7 seasons. From what I can tell you don't watch the All-22, you don't monitor analysts or writers that do, you don't search out advanced stats on players....I mean what process are you going through to reach your conclusions? And if it's an exceptionally limited one, like I'm assuming, why are you so confident in it?

You gave ZDS this same rap last offseason.

^^^You packed a whole lot of gems into that one lol.

Where the numbers are coming from- https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/chris-moore/

That release I mentioned- The Ravens went to Moore on this concept multiple times throughout the year, recognizing it's/his effectiveness. 

Some amazing catches-

<videos>

The reason I'm confident in my conclusions is because it seems to also be backed up by the Ravens coaching staff, who also don't think Moore is some budding superstar otherwise he wouldn't be sitting at a 39% snap count (4th on the WR group by a wide margin). Like I said, he flashes every once in a while but there's not a shred of consistency that's ever been displayed.

Maybe he'll finally break out of his shell in his fourth year in the league and be able to be consistent. People have been saying he's going to break out for two years now and nothing's changed at all. I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The reason I'm confident in my conclusions is because it seems to also be backed up by the Ravens coaching staff, who also don't think Moore is some budding superstar otherwise he wouldn't be sitting at a 39% snap count (4th on the WR group by a wide margin). Like I said, he flashes every once in a while but there's not a shred of consistency that's ever been displayed.

Maybe he'll finally break out of his shell in his fourth year in the league and be able to be consistent. People have been saying he's going to break out for two years now and nothing's changed at all. I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

^^Why you aren't taken seriously.

You complain all the time about how the coaches are dumb for not giving Tyus Bowser and Tim Williams more playing time. Now though, when another young player you don't like is in a similar situation- you have faith in the coaches.

It's almost as if your takes are irrational and inconsistent. 

I think Chris Moore has developed nicely into a solid player. I could see him one day being a fringe 2 or solid 3.

Speaking of coaching staff, am I the only one who is terrified of this Greg Roman offense to come? I have zero faith, lol

Count me in with those believing in Chris Moore. He's always looked good when on the field.

Definitely thought he needed more snaps last year. Really wish we didn't bring in Crabtree last year.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

sounds a whole lot like what they said about perriman