Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

52 minutes ago, Danand said:

We could potentially go with more beef up front and then add more speed with lighter linebackers behind. If Wink wants a more aggressive defense with linebackers shooting gaps more, having lighter linebackers and dimebackers will help. Also getting Clark more involved would be a positive. Having Young and Onwuasor being the primary linebackers and then add Clark, Jefferson and Levine on lighter packages.

I think Jefferson could be a dark horse for the Ravens defensive MVP this season. Between ET covering the deep zone and freeing him up to play closer to the LoS and CJ being gone (so potentially more support needed for the ILB group), he’s going to have a lot of opportunity to shine. Was thinking of making a separate thread for this (maybe a broader “bold predictions” type thread), actually. 

Predicting:

95 total tackles (leading team), 3 INT, 9 PD, 3 FF, 3 sacks 

7 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

I’m not sure why you’re referring to “this time,” as if there’s some other time he persuaded FO to sign a vet DE/OLB to the detriment of the team. 

It's a general "this time". Referring to an established veteran FA coming in, and pushing back the debut of a young player on the team. I'm not categorizing such a move necessarily as a "detriment" either. This club has built hordes of winning teams on the backs of smart FA acquisitions. I just know Harbaugh hates being forced into relying on young players, especially on defense. I'm ribbing him a bit, and I am genuinely excited about the prospect of finally seeing some early round picks in Tim & Tyus who have flashed when given the opportunity. Same for the other young guys we'll see more of like Sieler, Young, etc.

9 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

I think Ansah could be an awesome fit. I think we’d be fine heading into the season with our current group, but adding yet another proven pass rusher could take the group to a lethal level (and allow for rotation to keep everyone fresh). If anything, Ansah would benefit from joining a deeper group as it would allow him to ease in with a lighter workload early in the season coming off injury. 

If we do sign Ansah, there isn't going to be some grand rotation. Someone is going to get left in the lurch. We've all gotten hyped over a mythical EDGE rotation for years now and it hasn't happened. 

We have 2 years left to evaluate Tim & Tyus. Judon is probably gone to an overpay after this season. All signing Ziggy will do is stall the evaluation process of two players we invested early picks in, and take away development snaps from Jaylon Ferguson. And for what? Ansah will be 30, coming off an injury, and is 4 years removed from any sort of upper tier pass rush production. He's just a name at this point. We don't need him.

I don't think we'll get him either. Someone else will pay him more.

10 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

And for what? Ansah will be 30, coming off an injury, and is 4 years removed from any sort of upper tier pass rush production. He's just a name at this point. We don't need him.

-The Lions were forced to franchise Ziggy Ansah after how desperate they were for edge help last offseason, but he managed to see the field for only 146 snaps due to injury. He’ll be 30 next season now and hasn’t notched 50 pressures in a season since 2015.-

^^ Not what I'm looking to add to the team tbh. Let's just roll with our drafted talent, and finally see what they can do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

-The Lions were forced to franchise Ziggy Ansah after how desperate they were for edge help last offseason, but he managed to see the field for only 146 snaps due to injury. He’ll be 30 next season now and hasn’t notched 50 pressures in a season since 2015.-

^^ Not what I'm looking to add to the team tbh. Let's just roll with our drafted talent, and finally see what they can do.

I actually think he’s exactly the type of guy EDC would be interested in. Has shown elite ability in the past. Will come relatively cheap. Will be likely interested in a prove-it deal to set up for one last pay-day. Sets up nicely for a comp pick in the 2021 draft. 

As far as “finally seeing what they can do,” I think the ability to discuss things endlessly on the internet has sapped us of our patience. These guys have been here for two years. I’m confident they will get a chance to show what they’re made of this season but it’s not like they haven’t been able to get on the field with a barren position group. Guys like Suggs, Judon and ZDS were very productive. 

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

As far as “finally seeing what they can do,” I think the ability to discuss things endlessly on the internet has sapped us of our patience. These guys have been here for two years. I’m confident they will get a chance to show what they’re made of this season but it’s not like they haven’t been able to get on the field with a barren position group. Guys like Suggs, Judon and ZDS were very productive.

I wish I shared your confidence....

2 years of watching a last legs/gassed Sizzle and meh Judon not get home on QBs late in games, with Bowser and Williams rotting on the sideline. Has me on the edge, pun intended.

46 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I wish I shared your confidence....

2 years of watching a last legs/gassed Sizzle and meh Judon not get home on QBs late in games, with Bowser and Williams rotting on the sideline. Has me on the edge, pun intended.

“Meh Judon?”

the guy isn’t a HoF’er but he’s a very good player. I think you may be letting the perfect be the enemy of the good to a degree.  With Suggs and ZDS gone, there’s no way Wink doesn’t give them a healthy amount of opportunities. You’ll actually have plenty of opportunity to kvetch about Ferguson not getting enough snaps ;)

1 minute ago, sp6488 said:

“Meh Judon?”

the guy isn’t a HoF’er but he’s a very good player. I think you may be letting the perfect be the enemy of the good to a degree.  With Suggs and ZDS gone, there’s no way Wink doesn’t give them a healthy amount of opportunities. You’ll actually have plenty of opportunity to kvetch about Ferguson not getting enough snaps ;)

Judon is good on stunts and straight shots, strong on cleanup duty too. As a pure rusher though he isn't anything special, especially when he's fatigued. He can victimize the rookie Brandon Parker-s of the world, but he is a pretty meh percentage rusher otherwise. Hopefully he can progress further. Sometimes he'll flash against better comp. Some good reps against Schwartz last year. 

Yea, I certainly have more faith in Wink than I did Pees.

Bringing the topic back to the realm of potential contract tracking. I wonder if the FO will be more willing to retain pass rushing talent now that our longtime rock(Suggs) at the position is gone? For so long we could get by on pairing Suggs with a combination of FAs and decent draft capital. We don't have that keystone piece anymore though, and it wouldn't shock me if EDC was more aggressive in retaining good not great talents at the position. A stark contrast to our recent approach.

Terrell Bonds sounds like a horrible mashup of Terrell Owens and Barry Bonds. 

Adeoye is interesting. Looks like a good athlete but not easy to get background on the guy. Looks like he played basketball at three mid major schools then the AAF. 

2 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Terrell Bonds sounds like a horrible mashup of Terrell Owens and Barry Bonds. 

Sounds like this guy would be juiced. The kind of player that when you pass him the ball and he’s a homerun threat from everywhere on the field.

I’m sure he’s also a distant cousin to David Boston.

35 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Sounds like this guy would be juiced. The kind of player that when you pass him the ball and he’s a homerun threat from everywhere on the field.

I’m sure he’s also a distant cousin to David Boston.

Or he’s the heir to the Big Boyz Bail Bonds fortune. 

• Like 1