Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/wr-jaylen-smith-among-17-undrafted-free-agents-ravens-have-signed

ILB Otaro Alaka, Texas A&M, 6-foot-3, 239 pounds

OT Marcus Applefield, Virginia, 6-foot-5, 308

ILB E.J. Ejiya, North Texas, 6-foot-1, 235

TE Cole Herdman, Purdue, 6-foot-4, 248

OLB Markus Jones, Angelo State, 6-foot-3, 252

G Patrick Mekari, Cal-Berkeley, 6-foot-4, 308

WR Sean Modster, Boise State, 5-foot-11, 183

DT Kalil Morris, Kent State, 6-foot-2, 309

OLB Mike Onuoha, Texas A&M – Commerce, 6-foot-5, 255

LS Matthew Orzech, Azusa Pacific, 6-foot-3, 246

TE Charles Scarff, Delaware, 6-foot-5, 249

WR Jaylen Smith, Louisville, 6-foot-2, 219

ILB Silas Stewart, Incarnate Word, 6-foot-3, 228

C C.J. Toogood, Elon, 6-foot-2, 296

WR Antoine Wesley, Texas Tech, 6-foot-4, 206

DT Gerald Willis, Miami (Fla.), 6-foot-2, 302

S Evan Worthington, Colorado, 6-foot-2, 219

I hope Juston is at least a tryout player. It would suck to lose an intriguing UDFA 2 years in a row. I was high on Alex Thompson last year too. He dropped out for whatever reason, and later popped back up on our AAF affiliate. 

I think the team is fine. They obviously like Board with his action last year and then there's Onwuasor, Young, and likely Levine rotating in for the main snaps. Steelers fans were oddly upset at losing Matthew Thomas from their practice squad to a future's contract from the Ravens too. They seemed high on him in their descriptions, so maybe he's someone worth taking a closer look at. Either way I'm not concerned about the position in the slightest. The skill-sets of Patrick and Kenny is what you want from linebackers seeing the field for the vast majority of snaps. 

We're only in our base look like what, 20% of the time? The rest of the time one of Young/Peanut are going to sub out for Levine, Clark, or another DB. It's a devalued position. We're golden at the spot imo. 

I'm sure Harbaugh is on his knees begging EDC to sign a DE/OLB though, hoping to avoid leaning on Tyus, Tim, and Jaylon's combined 0 starts. Unfortunately for him, this time he's out of luck. The Ravens' youth movement is happening and nothing is going to stop it. Makes me excited.

We could potentially go with more beef up front and then add more speed with lighter linebackers behind. If Wink wants a more aggressive defense with linebackers shooting gaps more, having lighter linebackers and dimebackers will help. Also getting Clark more involved would be a positive. Having Young and Onwuasor being the primary linebackers and then add Clark, Jefferson and Levine on lighter packages.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'm sure Harbaugh is on his knees begging EDC to sign a DE/OLB though, hoping to avoid leaning on Tyus, Tim, and Jaylon's combined 0 starts. Unfortunately for him, this time he's out of luck. The Ravens' youth movement is happening and nothing is going to stop it. Makes me excited.

I’m not sure why you’re referring to “this time,” as if there’s some other time he persuaded FO to sign a vet DE/OLB to the detriment of the team. 

I think Ansah could be an awesome fit. I think we’d be fine heading into the season with our current group, but adding yet another proven pass rusher could take the group to a lethal level (and allow for rotation to keep everyone fresh). If anything, Ansah would benefit from joining a deeper group as it would allow him to ease in with a lighter workload early in the season coming off injury.