Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

2 hours ago, paraven said:

Chris Moore has barely been able to get on the field with the sad bunch of wr's the ravens fielded in 2017 and 18. Dont' hold your breathe that he suddenly is going to turn in on and become a legit starter in this league... Willie Snead would be the #3 wr on most teams rosters. As for Lasley, his biggesy knock in college were his hands.. He drops a lot of balls, so that give me much hope there.. I have no idea what to make of Scott, the dude was on the fringe of being the first draft pick in ravens history to be cut as a rookie... 

I agree with B-terp here.

To play devil's advocate (admittedly I am not as knowledgeable about football as the majority of posters here) it seems like on the majority of passing plays there is a primary and secondary option for the QB to throw the ball to and other route runners are effectively decoys unless the QB has all the time in the world or the play breaks down. What that tells me is the playcaller is effectively determining who will get the ball on each play and it is not necessarily whoever runs the best route. So even when Chris Moore is on the field if the play's primary receiver is Snead, secondary is Andrews, and Dixon is the dump off option then Chris Moore can run the best route of anyone and have a a very slim chance of the ball coming his way. 

I think a lot of times the success of a WR has more to do with the offensive coordinator deciding to focus on them. In Chris Moore's case - we had just brought in 3 FA WRs and paid them all more than him. It would be very unusual to do that and then make Moore the primary target on plays.

It is sort of like the 'chicken or the egg' - does Chris Moore need to get starter targets to perform like a starter or does he need to perform like a starter in order to get the starter targets?

2 hours ago, jpeter15 said:

To play devil's advocate (admittedly I am not as knowledgeable about football as the majority of posters here) it seems like on the majority of passing plays there is a primary and secondary option for the QB to throw the ball to and other route runners are effectively decoys unless the QB has all the time in the world or the play breaks down. What that tells me is the playcaller is effectively determining who will get the ball on each play and it is not necessarily whoever runs the best route. So even when Chris Moore is on the field if the play's primary receiver is Snead, secondary is Andrews, and Dixon is the dump off option then Chris Moore can run the best route of anyone and have a a very slim chance of the ball coming his way. 

I think a lot of times the success of a WR has more to do with the offensive coordinator deciding to focus on them. In Chris Moore's case - we had just brought in 3 FA WRs and paid them all more than him. It would be very unusual to do that and then make Moore the primary target on plays.

It is sort of like the 'chicken or the egg' - does Chris Moore need to get starter targets to perform like a starter or does he need to perform like a starter in order to get the starter targets?

if moore had the talent to get on the field more, he would have been on the field more.. He couldnt beat out the likes of perriman, maclin, and crabtree for more playing time.. hes not the answer

I think some of y'all aren't giving Chris Moore a ton of credit. He's made some big plays for us over the years at WR. Not everyone comes out of the gate a beast. I'm not saying he's all of a sudden going to turn into Julio Jones by any stretch of the imagination, however, I do think he'll continue to be a serviceable WR for the Ravens as a fringe #3-#2 perhaps. 

44 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

So.. 

Apparently we worked out Eddie Lacy today? 

We need interior oline

Edited by Danand
Really, that is the only thing I could think off
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Anyone else think it's about time Lamar distance himself from Kodak Black? 

Is there something that popped up? Just looked and didn’t find anything.

As long as he does his job I guess I’m not too concerned. His relationship seems to have been more of a “we’re from the same neighborhood and made it” kind of take, but I guess I don’t pay attention enough to that situation to be sure.

Lamar seems like a people person who talks to everyone. Like he could hang out with Kodak one day but then do brunch with Tim McGraw the next morning. Like a QB version of Nelly.😄

Edited by diamondbull424

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Anyone else think it's about time Lamar distance himself from Kodak Black? 

...uh yea.  People are ready to behead that dude. He's acting out of turn. Lamar should act like he's never heard of him. Few people carried as much respect as Nipsey did, and talking about the mother of his children in a derogatory manner after he was just murdered. That's beyond inflammatory behavior.

50 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Is there something that popped up? Just looked and didn’t find anything.

As long as he does his job I guess I’m not too concerned. His relationship seems to have been more of a “we’re from the same neighborhood and made it” kind of take, but I guess I don’t pay attention enough to that situation to be sure.

Lamar seems like a people person who talks to everyone. Like he could hang out with Kodak one day but then do brunch with Tim McGraw the next morning. Like a QB version of Nelly.😄

He's been ordered to give a DNA sample and is under investigation related to a rape. 

A rapper was murdered and he made jokes about waiting a year to shoot his shot with his widow after she's done her crying. 

He's in hot water right now and just doesn't seem to be a great influence. You can grow up with someone and love them but when it gets to this level, it needs to be addressed. 

He's the QB of our franchise and is young and impressionable. I think it's something the coaches should talk to him about. Touchy subject though. Young guys think they know it all. We were all once there.