Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I might do that next year.

This year, I have just been winging it.

The biggest trouble for me is.. Nacho uses advanced analytic sites, and I just don't bother to track down where to find everything

So I build lists off of yards, TDs, etc on offense, and tackles, sacks, ints, tfl, etc on defense, which isn't super effective

2 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

The biggest trouble for me is.. Nacho uses advanced analytic sites, and I just don't bother to track down where to find everything

So I build lists off of yards, TDs, etc on offense, and tackles, sacks, ints, tfl, etc on defense, which isn't super effective

I just went by who I think is better irl, which hasn't been working out too well.

Just now, Malfatron said:

I just went by who I think is better irl, which hasn't been working out too well.

I'd say you are doing fine.

Still in round 4, and you have 9 of your 11 defensive roles fill, all of which are "plus" players, even if it lacks star power

You have the standard QB/RB/WR/WR set of 4 skill positions that you SHOULD have filled by this point, although QB is probably in the 12-16 range of starters (out of 20), but there really is nothing you could have done about that

You are on pace with the league in building your OL and both are "plus" guys

I'd say you are tracking for .500 or slightly better as of now which is a nice step up from last season

9 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I wouldn’t say it’s not effective. As far as I know, @RuskieTitan and @khodder who are the most routinely successful in the league over a long period of time really only use those stats along with a few more like passer rating against and pressures.

I would be shocked if more than 2 or 3 people are even getting into stats as advanced as ANY/A, let alone the deep dive analytics. I am - however - convinced a few people draft almost solely on PFF rankings (which, aside from being what’s supposed to be somewhat of a composite of PFF’s stats, don’t actually have a bearing on sim player ratings). 

Just now, pwny said:

I wouldn’t say it’s not effective. As far as I know, @RuskieTitan and @khodder who are the most routinely successful in the league over a long period of time really only use those stats along with a few more like passer rating against and pressures.

I would be shocked if more than 2 or 3 people are even getting into stats as advanced as ANY/A, let alone the deep dive analytics. I am - however - convinced a few people draft almost solely on PFF rankings (which, aside from being what’s supposed to be somewhat of a composite of PFF’s stats, don’t actually have a bearing on sim player ratings). 

I draft based on which players I think would look cute or cool in an anime.

Archived