Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

9 minutes ago, pwny said:

It's way worse than that. The botspam chat for our BS games now has double the posts of everything else combined.

I've seen the Pokébot or whatever pop up a few times. I don't check in nearly as much as I did when we had the previous chat.

I do find it amusing that glen and I talked a bunch of trash to one another in the thread a few years ago and we were told by several members to take it to a private chat, but us having a private chat is also viewed as collusion. 

Legit can't win.

10 minutes ago, pwny said:

I do find it amusing that glen and I talked a bunch of trash to one another in the thread a few years ago and we were told by several members to take it to a private chat, but us having a private chat is also viewed as collusion. 

Legit can't win.

You saw how 8ball responded.

You must do the right thing.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Legit can't win.

You don't see what the problem is when there's a literal post stating that some owners discussed and knew to avoid a particular player during the draft at that stage of the draft when a new owner selected that player?

I absolutely don't see a problem with trash talking, either within this thread or outside of it. I don't see a problem discussing anything on another medium that you wouldn't have a problem posting within this thread. The problem arises when things that you wouldn't post in this thread, such as "Hey guys, I wouldn't even think about drafting Eddie Goldman until the 10th round" while the draft is going on and that player is on the board, and yet you openly admit you are participating in those discussions outside of the thread.

Listen, I honestly don't think there's anything to the extent of intentionally throwing games for one another, but you made a specific post related to the on-going draft that I'm sure raised some eyebrows for those not involved. I thought it was suspect, but as someone else pointed out, there's no real way to police it, and it's possible that could happen whether or not Nacho was cool with it.

I just called it out when, as Nacho pointed out, a 4 tag keeper got moved for a scrub that was a FA. Could someone else have made the trade? Certainly. Is it possible to make a deal in 5 hour time frame? Absolutely. Is it easier when you can reach out to the other owner via an outside chat? Has to be.

My main point is that there can be a perception of the situation. So far some folks have reacted rationally, such as adrenaline. You have others who are not part of that, but seem to share concerns about it. However, you immediately got defensive, accused me of being 'mad' and dismissed it. Again, could be over nothing, but the perception of that is there.

10 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

You don't see what the problem is when there's a literal post stating that some owners discussed and knew to avoid a particular player during the draft at that stage of the draft when a new owner selected that player?

I absolutely don't see a problem with trash talking, either within this thread or outside of it. I don't see a problem discussing anything on another medium that you wouldn't have a problem posting within this thread. The problem arises when things that you wouldn't post in this thread, such as "Hey guys, I wouldn't even think about drafting Eddie Goldman until the 10th round" while the draft is going on and that player is on the board, and yet you openly admit you are participating in those discussions outside of the thread.

The thing is though, pwny has been vocal about Eddie Goldman being fool's gold as an early pick in past seasons before in the official threads as well. In particular, iirc, when @MookieMonstah drafted him. The reason it was brought up in chat is because it's been established in past seasons.

Listen, I honestly don't think there's anything to the extent of intentionally throwing games for one another, but you made a specific post related to the on-going draft that I'm sure raised some eyebrows for those not involved. I thought it was suspect, but as someone else pointed out, there's no real way to police it, and it's possible that could happen whether or not Nacho was cool with it.

I just called it out when, as Nacho pointed out, a 4 tag keeper got moved for a scrub that was a FA. Could someone else have made the trade? Certainly. Is it possible to make a deal in 5 hour time frame? Absolutely. Is it easier when you can reach out to the other owner via an outside chat? Has to be.

I mean, it can be quicker to make a deal when you have someone in chat on another forum. But not necessarily. My trade deals with RMIB materialized and finalized way faster than my trade with pwny did for Ansah. And Stafford was a 4 tag keeper, but if you think he's still that 7 games into this season when he's playing slightly better than Tannehill while with a better supporting cast then that's just a difference in evaluation, I suppose.

My main point is that there can be a perception of the situation. So far some folks have reacted rationally, such as adrenaline. You have others who are not part of that, but seem to share concerns about it. However, you immediately got defensive, accused me of being 'mad' and dismissed it. Again, could be over nothing, but the perception of that is there.

so you're saying I'm the best? agreed

9 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

The thing is though, pwny has been vocal about Eddie Goldman being fool's gold as an early pick in past seasons before in the official threads as well. In particular, iirc, when @MookieMonstah drafted him. The reason it was brought up in chat is because it's been established in past seasons.

I mean, it can be quicker to make a deal when you have someone in chat on another forum. But not necessarily. My trade deals with RMIB materialized and finalized way faster than my trade with pwny did for Ansah. And Stafford was a 4 tag keeper, but if you think he's still that 7 games into this season when he's playing slightly better than Tannehill while with a better supporting cast then that's just a difference in evaluation, I suppose.

so you're saying I'm the best? agreed

I don’t think I’ve ever drafted Eddie Goldman

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

This is what you're bitching about
FtmyAAm.png

That's it. It was a joke about how Bears IDL keep getting drafted extremely high in the draft. Remixxxx thought Goldman was HIcks and drafted him super early a while back. Mookie drafted Hicks in the first when he was available to be traded for with a tag for a 6th.

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

However, you immediately got defensive, accused me of being 'mad' and dismissed it. Again, could be over nothing, but the perception of that is there.

Did I get defensive or dismiss it?

You're accusing me specifically of cheating when I literally asked Nacho if it was okay to do this. You're throwing a fit over something completely within the rules and trying to drum up drama instead of asking if it's even breaking the rules.

Instead of complaining and trying to accuse people of cheating to try to drum up drama for what you think is happening, why not just ask nacho if it's allowed. Hey, @TheKillerNacho are we allowed to give advice to other owners on who we think is worth being drafted like Ruskie is claiming may have been done?

8 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I don’t think I’ve ever drafted Eddie Goldman

He got it confused. You took Hicks in the first and he performed identically to Goldman who was drafted later.

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

This is what you're bitching about
FtmyAAm.png

That's it. It was a joke about how Bears IDL keep getting drafted extremely high in the draft. Remixxxx thought Goldman was HIcks and drafted him super early a while back. Mookie drafted Hicks in the first when he was available to be traded for with a tag for a 6th.

Did I get defensive or dismiss it?

You're accusing me specifically of cheating when I literally asked Nacho if it was okay to do this. You're throwing a fit over something completely within the rules and trying to drum up drama instead of asking if it's even breaking the rules.

Instead of complaining and trying to accuse people of cheating to try to drum up drama for what you think is happening, why not just ask nacho if it's allowed. Hey, @TheKillerNacho are we allowed to give advice to other owners on who we think is worth being drafted like Ruskie is claiming may have been done?

On 2/4/2019 at 4:48 PM, pwny said:

A few of us were trying to figure out who would inexplicably overdraft Goldman this year. Should have known it was going to be a new owner.

Archived