Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

There isn't one. He'd be returned to the draft pool in Season 19. But since he is ineligible in Season 18, you won't be able to keep him.

I feel like we should have the option to hold rights on a player that "unretires"

Maybe like a retired/inactive note under the PS. Would require full keeper tags to hold them over after one NFL season of retirement. 

18 minutes ago, khodder said:

I feel like we should have the option to hold rights on a player that "unretires"

Maybe like a retired/inactive note under the PS. Would require full keeper tags to hold them over after one NFL season of retirement. 

Would anyone actually be willing to spend two Keeper Tags on Gronk that are effectively wasted unless he unretires?

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

I think any retired player should go on effectively the retired/reserve list. If they come back, you’re given the opportunity to keep them or not. 

agree w this - the owner should retain the rights to any retired player 

7 minutes ago, pwny said:

I think any retired player should go on effectively the retired/reserve list. If they come back, you’re given the opportunity to keep them or not. 

I mean, I can certainly take this rule change to a vote. Just to be clear - you are suggesting that this retired/reserved list requires no tag investment?

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, I can certainly take this rule change to a vote. Just to be clear - you are suggesting that this retired/reserved list requires no tag investment?

i would agree with this too.

once the player comes back and is in the pool, they essentially would have first crack at retaining them with tags if they desire imo

10 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Yeah. The retired/reserve list is just the name the NFL uses for freezing contracts of retired players. The team doesn’t pay the player’s salary while they’re on the list, but if they unretire, the team picks up the remainder of the contract unless they decide to cut them. 

As for the sim, it would be handled the way retired players are currently for the retirement process. But if anyone unretires, they just get put back on their original team that sim offseason and the owner has to decide if they want to spend the tags on them to bring them back. 

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

@TheKillerNacho what's the process if Gronk decides to come back midseason?

I would say you should have first dibs on him.

But youd end up losing 2 tags heading into s19.

So you get to play him. But would need to pay the 2 tag keeper cost and be down to 18 tags.

If you decide not to do that then he just hits the draft as normal.

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

When is the trade deadline? 

Not keeping these players. I will accept best pick offer for any of the following. Season 19 picks also will be accepted 

RB Marlon Mack

T Terron Armstead

T Lane Johnson

C Mitch Morse

DE Mario Addison

LB Nigel Bradham

LB KJ Wright

CB Joe Haden

CB Kendall Fuller 

S Jabrill Peppers 

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Not keeping these players. I will accept best pick offer for any of the following. Season 19 picks also will be accepted 

RB Marlon Mack

T Terron Armstead

T Lane Johnson

C Mitch Morse

DE Mario Addison

LB Nigel Bradham

LB KJ Wright

CB Joe Haden

CB Kendall Fuller 

S Jabrill Peppers 

Will trade you a s19 11th for armstead and Johnson

5 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

RB Marlon Mack

T Terron Armstead

T Lane Johnson

C Mitch Morse

DE Mario Addison

LB Nigel Bradham

LB KJ Wright

CB Joe Haden

CB Kendall Fuller 

S Jabrill Peppers 

10th round pick for Lane Johnson. I’ll start the bidding, you can’t receive PMs BTW.

Archived