Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

34 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

we need like a lottery or something setup here. 

Ehh. Won’t stop any of this. There’s zero reason for a team that won’t make the playoffs to hold onto players they aren’t going to keep. Draft position aside, acquiring future assets >>> sitting on your hands and maybe winning a couple more games. 

1 hour ago, swoosh said:

What am I missing here? He costs 4 tags to keep, may not play next year, and with his 2015 season not factored in anymore has put up 16 touchdowns, 13 turnovers, and a 85.37 QB rating (that's good for 15th/20th). 

Look at the QBs that hit the draft last year and you'll see what you're missing.  Also, I don't think he misses this upcoming season. 

He still had what 4,000 total yards and 30 TDs last year in 14 games? Still pretty dang good. 

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

Ehh. Won’t stop any of this. There’s zero reason for a team that won’t make the playoffs to hold onto players they aren’t going to keep. Draft position aside, acquiring future assets >>> sitting on your hands and maybe winning a couple more games. 

I just think it's out of control - you got people willing to give up their first round picks for just about nothing and you got someone willing to trade a franchise quarterback for a 2nd. 

JMO, though. I'm sure not everyone feels that way. 

40 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Look at the QBs that hit the draft last year and you'll see what you're missing.  Also, I don't think he misses this upcoming season. 

He still had what 4,000 total yards and 30 TDs last year in 14 games? Still pretty dang good. 

I understand the logic, but he's arguably a bottom 5 starting QB in this league. Ryan Tannehill has put up comparable numbers to Newton. Those four tags are spent better elsewhere. That plus the 2nd in a rookie deal makes it a solid move for Math, IMO. There's a reason why he's not getting great offers for Newton. This isn't the NFL where there are 32 teams. There are only 20 starting gigs and Newton just isn't all that anymore. 

34 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I just think it's out of control - you got people willing to give up their first round picks for just about nothing and you got someone willing to trade a franchise quarterback for a 2nd. 

JMO, though. I'm sure not everyone feels that way. 

For malf, it seems like he’s just ready to move on from Cam and go forward with Dak. So he’s looking for value. It seems he did realize that if he waits, he might get more value in the offseason.

As for the others, if the player isn’t going to be kept and they don’t think anyone else would keep them, I think it’s smart to get value while you can. A decent #2 CB or good #3 WR has value to a contender right now, but absolutely zero value to anyone once the season ends. If no one will pay a bunch for a guy now, do you make a principled stand and get nothing, or take what’s available to make sure you get something?

14 hours ago, swoosh said:

I understand the logic, but he's arguably a bottom 5 starting QB in this league. 

In a league where owners are starting Alex Smith, Matt Stafford, Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Ryan Tannheill, Kirk Cousins, Joe Flacco, Josh Allen and Jameis Winston there's not a chance in hell that he's a bottom 5 QB in this league. 

14 hours ago, swoosh said:

There's a reason why he's not getting great offers for Newton.

The reason is because he waited too long to trade him and realize he'll probably get better value next year (like pwn said).

Matthew Stafford [9 GS]: 177/289 (61.25%, 92.22 Rating) for 2,132 yards, 16 touchdowns, 7 interceptions. 11 carries for 30 yards (2.73 YPC, 9 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 3 fumbles.

Jared Goff [7 GS]: 180/294 (61.22%, 92.73 Rating) for 2,336 yards, 12 touchdowns, 5 interceptions. 23 carries for 89 yards (3.87 YPC, 11 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 1 fumble.

Virtually the same exact QB, only now gets to keep the younger version for 1 tag instead of rolling the full season and paying 4.

Well played.

7 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Matthew Stafford [9 GS]: 177/289 (61.25%, 92.22 Rating) for 2,132 yards, 16 touchdowns, 7 interceptions. 11 carries for 30 yards (2.73 YPC, 9 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 3 fumbles.

Jared Goff [7 GS]: 180/294 (61.22%, 92.73 Rating) for 2,336 yards, 12 touchdowns, 5 interceptions. 23 carries for 89 yards (3.87 YPC, 11 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 1 fumble.

Virtually the same exact QB, only now gets to keep the younger version for 1 tag instead of rolling the full season and paying 4.

Well played.

Quarterback:
Andy Dalton [2 GS]: 57/90 (63.33%, 95.23 Rating) for 792 yards, 6 touchdowns, 4 interceptions. 2 carries for 23 yards (11.50 YPC, 14 LNG), 0 touchdowns.

also, great move by Glen. Dalton has had a better QB rating than staff

Archived