Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 17 - TACO BOWL XVII POSTED!)

1 hour ago, Malfatron said:

Quarterback:
Andy Dalton [2 GS]: 57/90 (63.33%, 95.23 Rating) for 792 yards, 6 touchdowns, 4 interceptions. 2 carries for 23 yards (11.50 YPC, 14 LNG), 0 touchdowns.

also, great move by Glen. Dalton has had a better QB rating than staff

I'm glad it's worked out for the both of us.

We colluded hard core. And seeing our collision pay off really brings me joy.

3 hours ago, Scalamania said:

In a league where owners are starting Alex Smith, Matt Stafford, Andy Dalton, Derek Carr, Ryan Tannheill, Kirk Cousins, Joe Flacco, Josh Allen and Jameis Winston there's not a chance in hell that he's a bottom 5 QB in this league. 

Is Cam really better than Cousins and Stafford? It hasn't looked like it. Josh Allen hasn't started a single game. That leaves Alex Smith, Andy Dalton, Derek Car, Ryan Tannehill, Joe Flacco, and Jameis Winston. I'll give you those, but that's not saying much. There are several QB's on team's bench I'd take over Cam. If the best 20 QB's were starting, he'd be bottom 5. 

I really don't think timing is the problem here. He's just simply not worth the pick AND the tags. Sure, I'll take Cam for a second during the draft when I don't have to use 4 tags to keep him. Otherwise, there's not a chance I'm keeping him. 

EDIT: And Flacco is only on the list because Jimmy G was benched for tanking reasons. 

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Quarterback:
Andy Dalton [2 GS]: 57/90 (63.33%, 95.23 Rating) for 792 yards, 6 touchdowns, 4 interceptions. 2 carries for 23 yards (11.50 YPC, 14 LNG), 0 touchdowns.

also, great move by Glen. Dalton has had a better QB rating than staff

Dalton is no Cam tho. 

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

only now gets to keep the younger version for 1 tag instead of rolling the full season and paying 4.

Goff was being kept for 1 tag regardless of that trade. Once I went 3-3, I was pulling the plug to save the tags because I wasn't that confident in my team.

From my PMs to Nacho:

hbazshJ.png

DNnvHnx.png

17 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Is Cam really better than Cousins and Stafford?

I believe so - Cousins is super overrated and Stafford is just trash anymore. 

18 minutes ago, swoosh said:

And Flacco is only on the list because Jimmy G was benched for tanking reasons. 

Would take Cam over Jimmy G - so you can add another one to the list.

20 minutes ago, swoosh said:

He's just simply not worth the pick AND the tags. Sure, I'll take Cam for a second during the draft when I don't have to use 4 tags to keep him. Otherwise, there's not a chance I'm keeping him. 

He absolutely is worth the pick and the tags. When you continually look at the QBs that hit the draft every year it's apparent that Cam is worth trading for and keeping (unless you want to be stuck cycling through Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco and Ryan Tannehill every year). 

16 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I believe so - Cousins is super overrated and Stafford is just trash anymore. 

Would take Cam over Jimmy G - so you can add another one to the list.

He absolutely is worth the pick and the tags. When you continually look at the QBs that hit the draft every year it's apparent that Cam is worth trading for and keeping (unless you want to be stuck cycling through Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, Joe Flacco and Ryan Tannehill every year). 

Cam Newton [9 GS]: 158/263 (60.08%, 85.37 Rating) for 2,037 yards, 12 touchdowns, 9 interceptions. 46 carries for 435 yards (9.46 YPC, 38 LNG), 4 touchdowns, 4 fumbles.

Matthew Stafford [9 GS]: 177/289 (61.25%, 92.22 Rating) for 2,132 yards, 16 touchdowns, 7 interceptions. 11 carries for 30 yards (2.73 YPC, 9 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 3 fumbles.

Kirk Cousins [9 GS]: 226/374 (60.43%, 91.12 Rating) for 2,892 yards, 16 touchdowns, 7 interceptions. 6 carries for 28 yards (4.67 YPC, 10 LNG), 0 touchdowns.

Okay. 

2 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Okay. 

Matt Stafford has an ELITE supporting cast and his numbers are very similar to Cams and Cousins to me seems like he has some beefed up stats with almost 80 more attempts then Cam when you take everything into consideration. 

Let us also take into consideration that both Stafford and Cousins are on veteran owners teams (which makes a difference) and Newton is not (no offense to Malf). If he wants to trade Newton for a second round pick that's fine, it's his team he can do what he wants. However, it's terrible value for a league that sees quarterbacks like Alex Smith, Jamesis Winston and Andy Dalton get drafted. 

13 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Matt Stafford has an ELITE supporting cast and his numbers are very similar to Cams and Cousins to me seems like he has some beefed up stats with almost 80 more attempts then Cam when you take everything into consideration. 

Let us also take into consideration that both Stafford and Cousins are on veteran owners teams (which makes a difference) and Newton is not (no offense to Malf). If he wants to trade Newton for a second round pick that's fine, it's his team he can do what he wants. However, it's terrible value for a league that sees quarterbacks like Alex Smith, Jamesis Winston and Andy Dalton get drafted. 

I think you should trade for Cam. 

2 hours ago, pwny said:

Goff was being kept for 1 tag regardless of that trade. Once I went 3-3, I was pulling the plug to save the tags because I wasn't that confident in my team.

Sort of surprising to hear that. You really underrate your team.

All the same, just saying that the move clearly panned out for you. I felt that without Mahomes I don't have any chance of making a push for even a winning record. If I gotta sacrifice 3 tags for a chance, so be it. League is designed for fun and I'd rather watch Mahomes pull out insane games than pray BDN can do the same.

On a similar note, my acquisition of DJax didn't pan out for my offense the way I had hoped. So instead he gets shut down and I can either recuperate the cost I spent to acquire him or keep him for 1 tag as a #2 next year. With Gronk being gone, only makes more sense.

31 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

You really underrate your team.

Given I’ve gone 3-0 since then, hard to argue with you there.

But I was down a first and second round pick next season. My defense was (and still is) playing terribly, and my run game has been bad. With all of that going, I believed - and still do - that even if my team was able to make the playoffs, I’d get bounced early. Made the decision that grabbing these extra picks from the trades and the 5 tags I save from benching guys now will hopefully get next season’s team to where I want it to be. 

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

You forget that I have Dak stashed

On 3/25/2019 at 6:46 PM, Scalamania said:

Tanking is out of control this year

I'm just disappointed in myself for not taking advantage of it.

I'm so conscious about my future picks.. I need to be willing to take advantage of these situations more.

I have a feeling this is a season where I will either win 9 games and miss the playoffs, or limp into the 4 seed and be eliminated quickly

Archived