Broncos name Vic Fangio their next Head Coach

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Troll.  Of course they will regress just due to the fact that they had a historically great season on defense.  Hard to maintain that regardless if Fangio was back or not.

I still expect them to be very good next season provided they stay healthy.

Fangio is a huge blow but like you said even with him the chances of the defense being historic 2 years in a row were very slim. But nonethless, they were so good this year that a drop will still be a top-5 defense -- barring major injuries.

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They were not going to play at that same level regardless, but losing Vic and playing a 1st place schedule it's going to be tough.

Yup. Plus I think GB and Det become super dangerous with a better built roster. Det will field a filthy D IMO. I really like what Matt is building there. Also, could never count out GB with a deadly QB like Rodgers.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Fangio is a huge blow but like you said even with him the chances of the defense being historic 2 years in a row were very slim. But nonethless, they were so good this year that a drop will still be a top-5 defense -- barring major injuries.

You guys were super healthy and had some players playing above their talent Ala your corners.. There will deff be some huge regression to the mean. And I’m still not sold on Eddie Jackson being an elite safety. I have my reservations on him. 

2 minutes ago, El ramster said:

You guys were super healthy and had some players playing above their talent Ala your corners.. There will deff be some huge regression to the mean. And I’m still not sold on Eddie Jackson being an elite safety. I have my reservations on him. 

Please tell me about our corners. I gotta hear this......

34 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

They were not going to play at that same level regardless, but losing Vic and playing a 1st place schedule it's going to be tough.

The offense is going to have to improve if they want to remain a contender. Luckily for them, Nagy is a lot better then the offensive staff the Jags had in 2017 and Trubisky is much better then Bortles. 

15 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

Denver fired a former DC turned coach just to hire another one?

Fangio is commuting career suicide. I hate this move.

Nah. He likely knows this is his one shot as a HC, but if he gets fired he will be the top DC on the market, and will get to pick where he wants to run the defense. 

6 minutes ago, El ramster said:

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Please tell me about our corners. I gotta hear this......

Haha this guy doesn't know what he's talking about JAF.  Yeah two 1st round picks at CB playing above their talent level...because that really makes sense...right?

3 minutes ago, game3525 said:

The offense is going to have to improve if they want to remain a contender. Luckily for them, Nagy is a lot better the offensive staff the Jags had in 2017 and Trubisky is much better then Bortles. 

Agree on every point, but most importantly the bolded. 

Nagy made serious progress with Mitch and the players. But to be able to challenge for a Super Bowl they need to make another jump.

This includes Nagy's playcalling, as he seems to become ridiculously over conservative at times. Really hamstrings the offense with constant drags, outs and screens, and avoids challenging vertically and the middle of the field too much. He has shown some great calling and creativity too, so I'm not down on him by any means, just a sign of inexperience and trusting the defense IMO. 

21 minutes ago, El ramster said:

So you agree yet call me a troll. What in the heck? You’ve been so on edge bro. I suggest you take some time off FF. Being super toxic with your vocabulary and super offensive to anything and everything. This is the 4th time you’ve come at me. Despite me being 100% cash money. Ignore me bro. Since you can’t have an argument without getting super mad. 

Troll because you went out of your way to comment on the Bears, and not one mention of Fangio and what he brings to his new team.

Guy's still salty about that loss in week 14.

Just now, topwop1 said:

Troll because you went out of your way to comment on the Bears, and not one mention of Fangio and what he brings to his new team.

Guy's still salty about that loss in week 14.

Far from salty my guy. Far from it. Salty were your tears and the class you showed. I’m doing real good. Just commenting on the truth that you happened to agree upon. But yes. I also, think Vic bombs in Denver. Defense isn’t the issue offense and lack of QB. Two things Vic has no idea how to deal with. 2 bottom tier QBs in Mitch and Alex is all he knows.  Maybe Kaep is the best QB he’s ever known and that’s not saying much. He’ll be out in 2 years. 

Archived