Broncos name Vic Fangio their next Head Coach

49erurtaza

11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Agree on every point, but most importantly the bolded. 

Nagy made serious progress with Mitch and the players. But to be able to challenge for a Super Bowl they need to make another jump.

This includes Nagy's playcalling, as he seems to become ridiculously over conservative at times. Really hamstrings the offense with constant drags, outs and screens, and avoids challenging vertically and the middle of the field too much. He has shown some great calling and creativity too, so I'm not down on him by any means, just a sign of inexperience and trusting the defense IMO. 

He needs to stop getting cute and having Fat arse defensive players in. That bomb 2 pt conversion with Mack in, was Whack. 

9 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Far from salty my guy. Far from it. Salty were your tears and the class you showed. I’m doing real good. Just commenting on the truth that you happened to agree upon. But yes. I also, think Vic bombs in Denver. Defense isn’t the issue offense and lack of QB. Two things Vic has no idea how to deal with. 2 bottom tier QBs in Mitch and Alex is all he knows.  Maybe Kaep is the best QB he’s ever known and that’s not saying much. He’ll be out in 2 years. 

I just call bs out when I see it man.  If you don't like that then fine but I'm not going to stop.

Perhaps he will be out in 2 years, who knows.  One person who knows a thing or two about QB play though is Kubiak and he has already stated that he never wants to become a HC again, so there will be stability there for whoever the QB is.  It makes sense.  Vic is going go to turn that defense into a top-5 unit overnight.  I like this hire for Denver.

Just now, topwop1 said:

I just call bs out when I see it man.  If you don't like that then fine but I'm not going to stop.

Perhaps he will be out in 2 years, who knows.  One person who knows a thing or two about QB play though is Kubiak and he has already stated that he never wants to become a HC again, so there will be stability there for whoever the QB is.  It makes sense.  Vic is going go to turn that defense into a top-5 unit overnight.  I like this hire for Denver.

Sure if you could only fix your truck driver vocabulary it’ll be a wonderful start. Again, Denver’s issue was never Defense it was offense. The only good thing Vic has in that offense is the 2 headed run game! Which is pretty elite. Who knows how long it’ll take him to find a QB. Case isn’t the answer. 

1 hour ago, CKS97 said:

Denver fired a former DC turned coach just to hire another one?

Fangio is commuting career suicide. I hate this move.

his stock will never be higher and if he fails, people will say "i guess he was just not head coach material", and he will find a job elsewhere back as a DC

1 hour ago, CKS97 said:

Denver fired a former DC turned coach just to hire another one?

Fangio is commuting career suicide. I hate this move.

Its absolutely not career suicide. If he flames out as coach, people will be all over him as a DC in 2 years. Likewise, this may have been his only real opportunity at being a head coach. He's already 60 years old, a defensive minded coach, etc. Lots working against him for future potential head coaching opportunities. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

If this doesn't work out, you have to think Elway gets fired right?

I'd say so,  he has had the keys to the franchise for a while. They got a Super Bowl, but head a pretty precipitous fall from the top too. I would guess his job is tied to Vic's success. 

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Its absolutely not career suicide. If he flames out as coach, people will be all over him as a DC in 2 years. Likewise, this may have been his only real opportunity at being a head coach. He's already 60 years old, a defensive minded coach, etc. Lots working against him for future potential head coaching opportunities. 

akin to when Mike Zimmer became head coach. He's 62 now..

Archived