Around The League V.2

Totty

11 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He also doesn't turn the ball over as much as jimmy does. JMD could have upgraded at QB or tried to with a rookie. Instead he downgraded.

Even Carr critics would find it hard to argue that in year 2 of the system Carr would have looked better than in year 1. And that's the issue. Blow up continuity for a downgrade.

All I can hope now is that O'Connell can get his head out of his *** enough to throw the ball downfield like he did in the preseason because his ball security and placement vs the Chargers sucked.

Meh we would most likely still be 3-3, instead of int's Carr would just fumble.

12 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

since 2021, Jimmy G has lost more fumbles than DC.
oof, stats hurt sometimes dont they. 

I cannot believe people are still sticking up for him lol. 
His complete fear of throwing the ball 15+ yards is the biggest handicap to this team. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

If you say so. I'd rather have almost anyone than this cooked bum who can't even throw 15 yards down field. Jimmy is so bad that the forum would probably be split about starting hoyer because at least hoyer hit tucker in stride down the field.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

His complete fear of throwing the ball 15+ yards is the biggest handicap to this team. 

Should woulda coulda I wanted Minshew as a bridge but MCD wanted a guy from his system it’s a massive blunder to say the least 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I can't believe you think somebody sticking up for Jimmy G. My point is we'd still be in the same boat we saw it for 9 years. Now the search for a new guy continues and its long overdue.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If you say so. I'd rather have almost anyone than this cooked bum who can't even throw 15 yards down field. Jimmy is so bad that the forum would probably be split about starting hoyer because at least hoyer hit tucker in stride down the field.

I'd rather start Hoyer so there is that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I can't believe you think somebody sticking up for Jimmy G. My point is we'd still be in the same boat we saw it for 9 years. Now the search for a new guy continues and its long overdue.

Agreed. We’d be 3-3 with Carr, not worse, not better. Carr struggles to move the ball, and struggles to score in the redzone. Heck, saw Carr throwing to the flat to Kamara on 3rd and 6+ multiple times last game. Same ol Derek Carr. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tank4Drake said:

Agreed. We’d be 3-3 with Carr, not worse, not better. Carr struggles to move the ball, and struggles to score in the redzone. Heck, saw Carr throwing to the flat to Kamara on 3rd and 6+ multiple times last game. Same ol Derek Carr. 

not that it matters, it doesnt, and we finally will have a new QBoTF next year (right?), that hopefully we can all get behind. 
I do think were in the same realm of teams regardless of carr or jimmy, but I jsut think Jacobs would be doing way better, plus one or 2 more splash plays a game. Different but same number of bone head plays.
I thnk we are 4-2 easily, not cause of carr lighting it up, but the box not being stacked every play. 

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It sucks that Jimmy G could not be at least a consistent game manager. Now we have to hear about how bad he sucks along with the former QB. 

I want a QB who can make us forget about the past and present. 

This team is still fighting and probably ends up with at least 6 wins. Possibly 8 wins. So once again out of range of top tier QB prospects. We need to find a diamond in the rough in the middle rounds. Purdy is an excellent QB at what he does. I don’t think Aidan has anywhere near the mobility Purdy has though. Those diamond in the roughs do exist. Aidan could be one, and I hope we give him another look. If he fails, hopefully there is a QB we can find and develop outside of the 1st round. 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 7:01 AM, big_palooka said:

Jameis Winston - 4 mil a year, everything is his fault. They need a better QB

Derek Carr - 100 mil gtd. The Oline is bad, the OC is terrible, the play calling sucks. 

New Orleans getting the full Derek Carr experience right now. He's the antithesis of what happens when you pay a mid QB lots of money. Someone will always try to apologize for it. Watching Saints fans faction off into pro-Carr/anti-Carr groups this quickly is really something to see. 

https://x.com/vegastiming/status/1713895411126026360?s=20

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It sucks that Jimmy G could not be at least a consistent game manager. Now we have to hear about how bad he sucks along with the former QB. 

I want a QB who can make us forget about the past and present. 

I think he's a game manager being asked to do more because his team isn't going to consistently stop the other team if he goes for long periods of time without scoring.

In other words he's a good manager here who is bad when asked to do more than managing

20 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

This team is still fighting and probably ends up with at least 6 wins. Possibly 8 wins. So once again out of range of top tier QB prospects. We need to find a diamond in the rough in the middle rounds. Purdy is an excellent QB at what he does. I don’t think Aidan has anywhere near the mobility Purdy has though. Those diamond in the roughs do exist. Aidan could be one, and I hope we give him another look. If he fails, hopefully there is a QB we can find and develop outside of the 1st round. 

Wishful thinking. As @NickButera has stated several times. Only 5 QB taken outside round 1 have ever won a Super Bowl. Trade up, get THE guy and stop trying to hope you land something in the mid rounds, etc. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I think he's a game manager being asked to do more because his team isn't going to consistently stop the other team if he goes for long periods of time without scoring.

In other words he's a good manager here who is bad when asked to do more than managing

Leading the NFL in interceptions is not managing the game. He can't even manage to throw the ball over 20 yards.

He's holding the offense back and it's not even arguable at this point.  

• Like 3