Around The League V.2

Totty

There's a desperation for QB's around the league these few years. we may break the NFL record for 10 rookies to start a game this year. As a fan, it makes me sad.  If you're not rich your poor. I can this draft being the one where 4-5 QB's go in the first round, just because everyone is so desperate.

The middle pack of QB's seems to be dropping off their bottom end. We used to have the top 10-12, the middle 10-12 ....and everyone else. Nowadays it seems to be the top 6ish, a middle pack of 6-8ish, and every QB below seems to be in the same boat.  We're currently in a QB deprived era is you ask me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickButera said:

There's a desperation for QB's around the league these few years. we may break the NFL record for 10 rookies to start a game this year. As a fan, it makes me sad.  If you're not rich your poor. I can this draft being the one where 4-5 QB's go in the first round, just because everyone is so desperate.

The middle pack of QB's seems to be dropping off their bottom end. We used to have the top 10-12, the middle 10-12 ....and everyone else. Nowadays it seems to be the top 5ish, a middle pack of 6-8ish, and every QB below seems to be in the same boat.  We're currently in a QB deprived era is you ask me. 

I'm usually not in favor of trading up for a QB but if our new regime feels like an elite stud is at the top of the draft I would not be opposed to doing so this year.  

Obviously there are many factors in this equation but if we end up with a top 7 pick it could be feasible to trade up to #2.  I just hope this new regime nets us a good GM and HC.  Having a cohesive combo that is competent is critical for the franchise if we are to turn things around.  

I have very little confidence in Lloyd Christmas making a good decision.  His track record on HC/GM is horrendous so odds are we will land another bum but hopefully this time he strikes gold.  He can not afford to keep paying these high profile coaches tons of money for bottom tier on the field production.  I read somewhere that he paid JM/DZ 85M to get lost.  Talk about a terrible business investment.  SMH

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Rapsheet said it was Young earlier this week as well.

Entirely on brand for the whole Josh McDaniels experience - in that if given the option to pick between Young and Stroud, just like the Carolina Panthers brass did, he would have got it wrong.

Edited by Nightmare
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Rapsheet said it was Young earlier this week as well.

Entirely on brand for the whole Josh McDaniels experience - in that if given the option to pick between Young and Stroud, just like the Carolina Panthers brass did, he would have got it wrong.

I think because he boy Bill O Brien coached Young in college. 

10 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm usually not in favor of trading up for a QB but if our new regime feels like an elite stud is at the top of the draft I would not be opposed to doing so this year.  

Obviously there are many factors in this equation but if we end up with a top 7 pick it could be feasible to trade up to #2.  I just hope this new regime nets us a good GM and HC.  Having a cohesive combo that is competent is critical for the franchise if we are to turn things around.  

I have very little confidence in Lloyd Christmas making a good decision.  His track record on HC/GM is horrendous so odds are we will land another bum but hopefully this time he strikes gold.  He can not afford to keep paying these high profile coaches tons of money for bottom tier on the field production.  I read somewhere that he paid JM/DZ 85M to get lost.  Talk about a terrible business investment.  SMH

I'm not against this we just better be right about it because it takes a lot of draft capital of the trade up. I'm also opposed to drafting a quarterback just because he's a quarterback. Because there's a lot of pageantry in the pre-draft process until you're stuck with them. There is a scenario where we go with best player available this year if the quarterback that's currently in is competent. 

On 11/6/2023 at 9:16 AM, NickButera said:

The middle pack of QB's seems to be dropping off their bottom end. We used to have the top 10-12, the middle 10-12 ....and everyone else. Nowadays it seems to be the top 6ish, a middle pack of 6-8ish, and every QB below seems to be in the same boat.  We're currently in a QB deprived era is you ask me. 

The AFC seems to be in good hands going forward at QB, currently you have:

Elite (3) - Mahomes, Allen, Burrow

Top tier (3) - Lamar, Herbert, Tua

Can be elite / top tier (3) - Lawrence, Watson, Stroud

Rookies (2) - Levis, Richardson

So 11/16 QB spots in the AFC look pretty set, the only teams not included in that are us (AOC?), Broncos (Wilson has been okay), Steelers (Pickett), Jets (Rodgers?), Patriots (need an obvious upgrade)

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The AFC seems to be in good hands going forward at QB, currently you have:

Elite (3) - Mahomes, Allen, Burrow

Top tier (3) - Lamar, Herbert, Tua

Can be elite / top tier (3) - Lawrence, Watson, Stroud

Rookies (2) - Levis, Richardson

So 11/16 QB spots in the AFC look pretty set, the only teams not included in that are us (AOC?), Broncos (Wilson has been okay), Steelers (Pickett), Jets (Rodgers?), Patriots (need an obvious upgrade)

Agreed, but the NFC is an entirely different story, Hurts is the only QB considered elite. Some others will keep their QB like the Saints (Carr), Detroit (Goff), and Panthers (Young). But every other team is up in the air and could all decide they need a QB if they have the easy opportunity. SF is a toss up depending on how Purdy plays the rest of the year. That's like 11 or 12 teams added to the AFC's 5, half the league could be looking for a QB in this draft and offseason.  That's insane for it to even be a possibility. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Agreed, but the NFC is an entirely different story, Hurts is the only QB considered elite. Some others will keep their QB like the Saints (Carr), Detroit (Goff), and Panthers (Young). But every other team is up in the air and could all decide they need a QB if they have the easy opportunity. SF is a toss up depending on how Purdy plays the rest of the year. That's like 11 or 12 teams added to the AFC's 5, half the league could be looking for a QB in this draft and offseason.  That's insane for it to even be a possibility. 

Looking at the AFC's QB picture though, I think it's pretty clear that we're going to need a franchise level guy sooner rather than later if we want to be relevant now and going forward. 

• Like 2