Around The League V.2

Totty

12 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Everybody sees it in the comments, but some in this fan base couldn't face reality. Now they like wifi Willie who became a Saints fan because of Carr and is constantly looking like a fool.

Wifiwillie a trip lol I don’t understand the need to white knight soo much. He’s almost at the point of just saying Carr doesn’t have enough help weapon wise

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s the Saints defense fault easy answer lol

the saints D being good this year and DC playing bad, doesnt mean that the Raiders D the last 10 years was good.
I know in your mind it does, but it isnt correlated. 

Our D is balling this year, with worse QB play, kinda proves that no? More 3 and outs, less points, less explosive plays, more turnovers, etc etc, yet our D is playing better. 

I think youre the only person I know who is pounding the table our D has been good for 10 years lol. 
Last year ill give you it was improving, but still far from great.... we just used to seeing complete trash 

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Because he sucks, I preached about it all off-season but guys like @Frankie2Gunz @Jeremy408 @Humble_Beast told me that the Raiders held him back and that he was going to transform the Saints into a contender.

Father time and the beating he has endured as an NFL QB may have finally caught up with Carr at least it appears that way this season.  I honestly haven't watched much of his play but the little that I have seen/ read has been riddled with poor play and multiple injuries to his shoulder.  His prime years were wasted on this dumpster fire of an organization which is sad because he was a pretty good player for years.  He was never an elite Qb but no doubt was a top 15 QB most of his prime years and those years were muddled with turmoil within this garbage franchise, consistent coaching turnover, terrible surrounding talent and the worst D of any NFL franchise during his tenure.  I think it's a testament to his strength that he played well during all of this, was able to continue to be a starter where I think many other NFL QB's having to endure all of this turmoil YOY would have folded and faded into obscurity. 

You were here all offseason vomiting how great Jimmy G was, how he was a dawg and the dawg mentality was exactly what this team was lacking lol.  That has not aged well....  Carr is still at least a starter and can very easily make the playoffs.  Jimmy "Dawg" G is the bum that I said he was and is riding the pine behind a 4th round rookie QB who is a career backup at best. 

I have been in favor of moving on from Carr if we had a plan in place and an upgrade on the roster.  The Raiders have been playing average at best football since the removal of JM and could be playing at a higher level if we had even decent QB play.  I think the team would have a better record had we held onto Carr but marginally based on his play this year.  However, my point with moving on from Carr had to do with the incompetence in which it was handled.  Carr was an asset that would have given us draft capitol and we squandered the chance to get something for him.  Not only did we receive nothing we also incurred a 6M cap hit for this season which I had stated was a fireable offense in itself.  I was ultimaly proven correct as the Jimmy "dawg" debacle gave JM/DZ their walking papers which was a blessing for this franchise.   

Here we are with a team that doesn't have much above average talent.  We have a RB who is most likely gone after this year, no QB, and aging stud WR who most likely will not be back, a below average Oline, a below average Dline with one stud, below average LB's and a secondary lacking talent.  

My focus is how can we improve the team during the offseason and we have clowns like you focused on the past.  

It’s crazy how people underestimate the power of chemistry and learning the system. People want QBs just to go into a new environment and score 50 Tds and throw for 5,000 and their team to go 14-3. Saints still in the mix, you never know what will happen. Raiders season was wasted by not having a QB 

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

It’s crazy how people underestimate the power of chemistry and learning the system. People want QBs just to go into a new environment and score 50 Tds and throw for 5,000 and their team to go 14-3. Saints still in the mix, you never know what will happen. Raiders season was wasted by not having a QB 

lol... cope harder dude.

The Saints wanted an average QB to come in and manage their talented offense opposite their top tier defense. They wanted an upgrade over Andy Dalton. They signed West coast Andy Dalton for 60 mil GTD. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Father time and the beating he has endured as an NFL QB may have finally caught up with Carr at least it appears that way this season.

He's like 30 in year 10, dude just sucks, always has, and always will brother.

36 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

It worked immediately for Brady in Tampa, Brees in New Orleans, Manning in Denver, and Stafford in LA, etc. It's year 10 for Carr....

43 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Father time and the beating he has endured as an NFL QB may have finally caught up with Carr at least it appears that way this season.

lol... you're coping harder than @Humble_Beast 

Blaming father time is hilarious. His arm is just fine. He looks the same as he always has. Good between the 20's, buns in the red zone.  Still taking no accountability. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

the saints D being good this year and DC playing bad, doesnt mean that the Raiders D the last 10 years was good.
I know in your mind it does, but it isnt correlated. 

Our D is balling this year, with worse QB play, kinda proves that no? More 3 and outs, less points, less explosive plays, more turnovers, etc etc, yet our D is playing better. 

I think youre the only person I know who is pounding the table our D has been good for 10 years lol. 
Last year ill give you it was improving, but still far from great.... we just used to seeing complete trash 

I don’t wanna get all into it I just thought you said defense was holding him back and all he needed was a defense. add a weaker division and a more competent organization and magic would happen. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I don’t wanna get all into it I just thought you said defense was holding him back and all he needed was a defense. add a weaker division and a more competent organization and magic would happen. 

i said that was holding the raiders back.. when your top ten in points, and bottom 5 in points allowed, i dont think its crazy to say D is holding one back
I dont need to get into it either, i know you disagree with the bold

Football a complicated sport... Saints def have a D, and their O in shambles (carr at fault, not the only fault, but def at fault).

I still think Saints win that division, although the locker room mess is similar to 2017 here. May be tough to recover from.

the chemistry on O is their biggest issue, because they should be doing better. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He looks stressed stressed. The city of New Orleans will love on you if you love her. But will bury you quick if you don't. He's about to enter the "find out" stage of his journey.

Get a life…. What’s he suppose to make excuses. It’s put up or shut up. He has nothing to say because it would just be excuses. Results not words 

19 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Get a life…. What’s he suppose to make excuses. It’s put up or shut up. He has nothing to say because it would just be excuses. Results not words 

Maybe his brother has something to say. He had a whole lot to say when he got released. 

• Like 1