Around The League V.2

Totty

4 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

***prepares to get destroyed***

Russell Wilson gets us to the playoffs if we had him this year 👀 

I mean, he wouldn’t have been worse than Garoppolo and O’Connell probably. Obviously not the dogg that Jimmy is though, who knows.

Maybe his headless chicken act antagonises Adams, drives Josh crazy and the locker room revolt 😁 can’t imagine McDaniels working with him at all in ‘the system’.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I thought about it for a quick second as a last resort where we strike out on the better options. But reason prevailed and my answer is no lol

No reason to destroy you then.

And I agree that Russ would have managed games and been better throwing the deep ball.

23 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

***prepares to get destroyed***

Russell Wilson gets us to the playoffs if we had him this year 👀 

This isn’t even debatable. Russ has played like a borderline Top 12 QB this year. It’s become trendy to sh** on him but he’s played well for the most part this year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

One more team now in consideration to draft a rookie QB. 

I know we debated if this would happen. Pretty unreal that it did. Financially this has to sting. 

I'm still in shock, it's going to devastate their ability to build a roster next year. I did read somewhere that he's owed 39 mil if he can't pass a physical by March. But still, I don't see how the broncos could possibly move forward with the kind of financial hit they're going to take if they release him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

But I think you're correct that they'd only have to pay 85M split over 2 years with a post June 1 cut

More like $122 mil. If they do a post Jun 1st cut he is still technically on the roster until Jun 1st and will get his 2025 salary guaranteed ($37 mil) on Mar 21st.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

I'm still in shock, it's going to devastate their ability to build a roster next year. I did read somewhere that he's owed 39 mil if he can't pass a physical by March. But still, I don't see how the broncos could possibly move forward with the kind of financial hit they're going to take if they release him. 

They're already at -$18M in cap space for 2024

47 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The rest of the AFC West is imploding and we are looking on the upswing 

And we're the least penalized team in the league with the best defense in the division. If we actually had a QB this year we'd be a legit SB contender. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

The rest of the AFC West is imploding and we are looking on the upswing 

I gave thought to this.  I don't think the Chiefs are "imploding" but I think it looks very different than years gone by.  Trading Tyreek was a tough loss.  Giving Mahomes 50+ a year will make it difficult, however they draft outstanding.  They have obstacles.  Big ones at that.  

Our future.... BRIGHT BRIGHT. Champ and Antonio are the leaders this team needs (drafting will need to be proven).  Guys play their GUTS it for this tandem.  Antonio and Champ are responsible for some really good moves after the firing of Mcfailures.  

- Moving on from Jimmy

- Signing Jack Jones

- Culture shift

ETC

Something that's not really talked about is the fact that Davis has blundered coaching hirings since he took over.  He has been blasted by us, the local media and nationally.  

I believe he deserves a little credit here for Champ and Antonio even being on the staff.  He failed in hiring Ziggy and Mc****face.  (I'll take my warning like a man) but to have a little thought in bringing in Champ and Josh bringing in Antonio was all on his watch.  It gives me a little faith going forward that he has a little more vision than we give him credit for.  Just a smidge.  

Edited by Totty
  • Like 1