Around The League V.2

Totty

9 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Could also be a Seahawks and green bay loss.. both Murray and fields playing for their future. 
never know. 

alrhough, I already said I definitely had Jax beating Tampa, didn’t think end 5-0 outside of the saints game to end the season. 

Carr definitely played great the last few games to end the year, but might be too little, too late. Absolutely no excuses not to win that division this year. No reason why Baker Mayfield was the best QB in that division this year. 

Carrs stats will look pretty and I guarantee their fans will be arguing all offseason whether he’s good enough or not. Frankly, im just happy to be off the rollercoaster that is Derek Carr even though he was no doubt far better than the crap we put out their at QB this year. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Carr definitely played great the last few games to end the year, but might be too little, too late. Absolutely no excuses not to win that division this year. No reason why Baker Mayfield was the best QB in that division this year. 

Carrs stats will look pretty and I guarantee their fans will be arguing all offseason whether he’s good enough or not. Frankly, im just happy to be off the rollercoaster that is Derek Carr even though he was no doubt far better than the crap we put out their at QB this year. 

TBF, it seems like carmichael finally got it together toward the end of the year and their offense started to click. It takes time to get guys to buy in, but their offense is cooking now.

This is my issue. Average qb play and we win the afc west this year. McDaniels is such an idiot. I'm glad mark canned him early. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

TBF, it seems like carmichael finally got it together toward the end of the year and their offense started to click. It takes time to get guys to buy in, but their offense is cooking now.

This is my issue. Average qb play and we win the afc west this year. McDaniels is such an idiot. I'm glad mark canned him early. 

100 percent.  It takes time to for payers to gel and to buy in which is why I have reserved judgment until the season was over.  Carr battled injuries, finally got healthy and played at a high level to close out the year.

Just like I have said from day 1, you don't move on from a QB with zero plan in place.  With average QB play this year we are a playoff team.  

On the bright side we moved on from that idiot JM and that is a step in the right direction for this franchise. Now we have many important holes to fill, HC, GM and QB which will not be easy.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

100 percent.  It takes time to for payers to gel and to buy in which is why I have reserved judgment until the season was over.  Carr battled injuries, finally got healthy and played at a high level to close out the year.

Just like I have said from day 1, you don't move on from a QB with zero plan in place.  With average QB play this year we are a playoff team.  

On the bright side we moved on from that idiot JM and that is a step in the right direction for this franchise. Now we have many important holes to fill, HC, GM and QB which will not be easy.

So a better plan is paying a mid QB 100 mil gtd? 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

So a better plan is paying a mid QB 100 mil gtd? 

You have been a JM and Jimmy G shill all year long. 

Is your question, would I rather have paid Carr 35M or that POS bum Jimmy G 25M this season?  I would have rather paid Carr 35M and made the playoffs.  

What has abysmal QB play gotten us this year?  Not the top 3 draft pick like most suggested but rather a pick in the middle of the first and missing the playoffs because both Jimmy "noodle arm" G and AOC have been terrible. 

• Like 1

Just now, BackinBlack said:

I don’t understand why people think regressing big time at qb, is smart if not trying to tank? 

Re-set the clock. 

Moving on from mid Carr was smart. But they needed to the land the QBOTF but instead signing Jimmy G

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You have been a JM and Jimmy G shill all year long. 

Is your question, would I rather have paid Carr 35M or that POS bum Jimmy G 25M this season?  I would have rather paid Carr 35M and made the playoffs.  

What has abysmal QB play gotten us this year?  Not the top 3 draft pick like most suggested but rather a pick in the middle of the first and missing the playoffs because both Jimmy "noodle arm" G and AOC have been terrible. 

Wrong. Hated the Jimmy G signing. I wanted a rookie. Only reason to move on imo was to draft your future at QB.

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

I don’t understand why people think regressing big time at qb, is smart if not trying to tank? 

The funny thing is that there were many idiots on here who yapped all offseason how Jimmy G was not only cheaper but also an upgrade.  "He's a winner" blah blah and shilled with cherry picked trash stats all offseason.  Let's just say that take has not aged well and that blunder most likely cost us a playoff birth this season.  Stupid is as stupid does. 

• Like 1