Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, Dessie said:

Love Mahomes as a QB but how the hell he got MVP is beyond me. Damian Williams was the Chiefs best offensive player and should have got the MVP imo.

I can't disagree. But if you take the tyrek interception which wasn't great pass but not on mahomes either he had 3 tds himself. QBs almost always win.

Look at Eli

8 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Doesnt matter when your post was. Even with Mahomes struggling for 3 and half quarters, it was a dumb post. You said Mahomes has to work on things if he wants to become a "legit QB." Like dude, what planet are you living on if you dont think Mahomes is yet a legit QB.

The planet that is based in reality.  His style of play is not sustainable.  He will change or fade like every other QB before him.  Your failure to realize the history of this game is mind boggling. 

7 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I'm not missing anything, he didn't have the best game but he didn't let it spiral him into oblivion. 

Then why argue?  "Yes you're correct he played like crap, but he pulled it out in the end"  How hard is that?

1 minute ago, true2form said:

The planet that is based in reality.  His style of play is not sustainable.  He will change or fade like every other QB before him.  Your failure to realize the history of this game is mind boggling. 

i agree. Mahomes won't last long. he is a flash in the pan QB. Carr will still be in the league when Mahomes is gone for this reason. 

He won a superbowl. Who cares if he flamed out in 5 or 6 years. Carr will be in his 7th year without a playoff game to his name. Yall are so silly and over the top. I guess watson gonna flame out to. Josh allen gonna flame out. Remember when russ was carried by his defense and he was gonna flame out to. Yall wild. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Why?

Eventually the luck, athleticism, and the rest of the league will catch up to you.  Just look at year 1 to year 2 and how the league figured him out. He still had success and yes they won a title.  But, you guys can see how improbable this run was, even if it was amazing too, correct?  

I choose to see the big picture.  Coming back and winning three straight playoff games is remarkable, but it also shows the inherent flaws that I'm speaking of.  It's taking momentum swinging, come from behind wins to get the job done and that's just not sustainable.  

That doesn't even factor in getting paid and the salary cap swindling that will have to begin from there.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Oh yeah we had this in the bag, Kyle just killed us with the decision before halftime, and the defense crumbled on that third and 15. Jimmy left plays on the field, but this was an entire team collapse. I wish I could just blame it on him.

had it in the bag?!?!?!?!?!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

that game should have been 51-14 Chiefs. Mahomes nearly blew it. Andy Reid set him up and Mahomes missed the mismatches. 

The Niners aren't making the playoffs next year unless there is a MASSIVE INFLUX of talent.

The 2019 Niners are the 2016 Raiders (Except Defensively driven not Offensively driven), that is the only other season I have seen, where every break falls in a teams favor like I did this year with the Niners. Only difference is DC got hurt and we didn't get to make our Superbowl run. 

18 minutes ago, true2form said:

Eventually the luck, athleticism, and the rest of the league will catch up to you.  Just look at year 1 to year 2 and how the league figured him out. He still had success and yes they won a title.  But, you guys can see how improbable this run was, even if it was amazing too, correct?  

I choose to see the big picture.  Coming back and winning three straight playoff games is remarkable, but it also shows the inherent flaws that I'm speaking of.  It's taking momentum swinging, come from behind wins to get the job done and that's just not sustainable.  

That doesn't even factor in getting paid and the salary cap swindling that will have to begin from there.  

I'm sorry but there's nothing specific about his playing style in your post. I asked you because i think his style is actually quite sustainable. He's a mobile QB but he doesn't run all that much. His mobility is more useful to extend plays than to pick up yards on the ground. He's a passer first, not a QB/RB. His arm is great, accuracy on deep throws excellent, great poise (it looked shaky for most of the game yesterday but that's a 24 years old in the SB and when it was do or die time, he flipped the switch). The only way i see him regressing is if all the attention gets to his head and he starts putting less time into his work habits (or injury but that's a given for any player). I think he's the best QB in the NFL already and i don't think it's changing anytime soon. As for sustaining the same results, he might not win 3 straight playoff games down by 10 or a SB every year but who does?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

had it in the bag?!?!?!?!?!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

that game should have been 51-14 Chiefs. Mahomes nearly blew it. Andy Reid set him up and Mahomes missed the mismatches. 

The Niners aren't making the playoffs next year unless there is a MASSIVE INFLUX of talent.

The 2019 Niners are the 2016 Raiders (Except Defensively driven not Offensively driven), that is the only other season I have seen, where every break falls in a teams favor like I did this year with the Niners. Only difference is DC got hurt and we didn't get to make our Superbowl run. 

My goodness man. 51-14 Chiefs? 2019 49ers the 2016 Raiders? The same Raiders with a projected DVOA of 8.3% compared to the 49ers 29.3%? 

I think you're suffering from a slight delirium my friend :)

Image result for get some help jordan

• Like 2