Around The League V.2

Totty

Arians said they heavily scouted film on seven QBs for FA. They had Brady ranked #1 by far and is a good fit. And this is a guy who is looking for someone who can run a vertical offense... 

Many of us have been telling you guys, look at the gametape and stop box score scouting. Brady’s arm is still deadly. 

Arians QB plan during Free Agency:

1) Tom Brady

2) Teddy Bridgewater

3) Jameis Winston

Rivers was not in the plans at all. 

Arians interviews are great. He usually gives way more information than he should. 

• Like 1

Just like many disregard Mike Mayock saying "We are happy with Derek Carr"
I think it is fair to say that of course Arians is going to talk up Brady after signing him??

I dont think you can use his comments to back up your claim his arm is still deadly.. we will see this season. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

I think it is fair to say that of course Arians is going to talk up Brady after signing him??

I dont think you can use his comments to back up your claim his arm is still deadly.. we will see this season. 

Yea coach talk is coach talk. Take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Of course Arians was going to say Brady is amazing... he just signed him.. and it’s an off-season interview.  

Quoting Arians and acting like it’s proof of something is Illogically and a real stretch to try and prove someone’s point.

I was looking at Pff’s QB guide, which is incredibly detailed OMG this thing is like a statistics 300 level book, and from initial looks it seems like there is real proof there that Brady’s arm is declining.  
That really is just obvious watching him on tape, the question really is can his incredible mind make up for the arms decline and how well and for how long.

i think an underrated issue is the TB OL.  I don’t think it’s that solid.  Even though NE’s online wasn’t great at least their amazing OL coach schemed enough time for Brady, most of the time.  And Brady knew exactly what he’d have time wise to throw.  A whole new OL and scheme and coaches.... Brady might get touched more often then he’s use to.

slowdown period for the writers.lmao!  gotta write something...throw it at the wall....and see if it sticks. newton to the raiders is a joke , straight up. btw on a side note, some of these writers need to go back to school, or check their auto corrected screw ups.lol  newton and Winston are gonna have to take waaaay below market 1 yr "prove it" deals. Winston can prove his eyes got corrected....correctly.lol and cam can prove he can stay healthy past 30. good luck to both of them....on someone elses team!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

Mayock said  You can see Bradys arm is getting weaker over the last two years and not worth 30 million a year.

Thats why the Raiders didn’t case him but because they did research on him it started all the rumors.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Of course Arians was going to say Brady is amazing... he just signed him.. and it’s an off-season interview.  

Quoting Arians and acting like it’s proof of something is Illogically and a real stretch to try and prove someone’s point.

I was looking at Pff’s QB guide, which is incredibly detailed OMG this thing is like a statistics 300 level book, and from initial looks it seems like there is real proof there that Brady’s arm is declining.  
That really is just obvious watching him on tape, the question really is can his incredible mind make up for the arms decline and how well and for how long.

i think an underrated issue is the TB OL.  I don’t think it’s that solid.  Even though NE’s online wasn’t great at least their amazing OL coach schemed enough time for Brady, most of the time.  And Brady knew exactly what he’d have time wise to throw.  A whole new OL and scheme and coaches.... Brady might get touched more often then he’s use to.

That’s probably why he wants to play with AB, short passes and YAC

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

slowdown period for the writers.lmao!  gotta write something...throw it at the wall....and see if it sticks. newton to the raiders is a joke , straight up. btw on a side note, some of these writers need to go back to school, or check their auto corrected screw ups.lol  newton and Winston are gonna have to take waaaay below market 1 yr "prove it" deals. Winston can prove his eyes got corrected....correctly.lol and cam can prove he can stay healthy past 30. good luck to both of them....on someone elses team!

I don’t think LASIK surgery can correct color blindness.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

I’m not trying to back up any claim. Watch tape. Bradys arm is still the same as it was. Few posters in here were acting like he had a dead arm like Philip Rivers. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not trying to back up any claim. Watch tape. Bradys arm is still the same as it was. Few posters in here were acting like he had a dead arm like Philip Rivers. 

His arm was adequate, but he clearly didn't have the same fast ball. He will be 43 at the start of the season. So the concern is more how long can it hold up.

Father time us undefeated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

His arm was adequate, but he clearly didn't have the same fast ball. He will be 43 at the start of the season. So the concern is more how long can it hold up.

Father time us undefeated. 

This