Around The League V.2

Totty

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t see it. If Lance or Fields are there, they are the pick. Even Adam reported it after I submitted that post like 2 minutes ago. 

Potentially but why trade for Teddy if you're planning to go QB at #9?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Potentially but why trade for Teddy if you're planning to go QB at #9?

It’s a 6th Round pick... provides a brilliant smokescreen to prevent teams from trading up. Also, they would dump Lock if they draft Fields or Lance. Teddy B is also a fringe starter, and more of a backup in the NFL. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Teddy sucks but he's better than Lock. 

Agreed. Pretty obvious to me they are still in play for Fields or Lance. It actually makes me think they want Fields or Lance even more now. Get rid of Lock and have a veteran QB in Teddy show Lance or Fields the ropes. 

29 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It’s a 6th Round pick... provides a brilliant smokescreen to prevent teams from trading up. Also, they would dump Lock if they draft Fields or Lance. Teddy B is also a fringe starter, and more of a backup in the NFL. 

I think we'll see the 49ers go Lance #3 and the Patriots will move up to 7/8 for Fields. 

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Goff sucks, I'm pretty sure Lions going get Fields or Lance 

Agreed. People thinking wayyyy too much into the contract stuff. It's not rocket science. There's a Franchise QB on the board and the Lions don't have a Franchise QB. 

Fields to the Lions at 7 is in my final mock. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Lions GM drafted, then traded for Goff lol. I think they need an entire defense around Okudah who also didn't play well himself. Almost a surefire trade down team imo.

edit: They are bad enough to almost assuredly be a top contender for a Sam Howell or whatever next year, not just with their natural pick but having a load of selections from the Goff/Stafford deal. I think it's Goff and see if it works, if not 22 is the class for them. Gotta get a defense started now though with at least one good WR prospect as well.

Edited by Trojan

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Lions got alot for an older Stafford. Would make sense to draft a raw Lance who can sit behind Goff for a year or two. old rule, you don't pass on franchise QBs if you dont have one. imo.... Lance could be special 

Agreed. 

25 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Goff is an average quarterback and he's only 26. 

Goff (4 years as a starter): 17,082 yards (65% comp), 102 TD, 48 INT, 42-20 record 

Carr (last 4 seasons): 15,702 yards (67% comp), 89 TD, 40 INT, 25-38 record 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Goff is an average quarterback and he's only 26. 

Goff (4 years as a starter): 17,082 yards (65% comp), 102 TD, 48 INT, 42-20 record 

Carr (last 4 seasons): 15,702 yards (67% comp), 89 TD, 40 INT, 25-38 record 

Can't believe the Rams traded for a 34 year old mediocre QB like Stafford who has had like 2 winning seasons with the Lions when they could've kept Goff who's actually been in a SB.  (Sarcasm).  Stats and records don't mean everything.  When the roster around you sucks, it's hard to put up real stats.  DC's record includes the 2017 season with JDR getting rid of his OC and the offense and defense going to crap then a rebuild year with Gruden in 2018.

Goff (Last two years): 8,590 yards (65% comp), 42 TD, 29 INT, 19-13 record 

Carr (Last two years):  8157 yards (69% comp), 48 TD, 17 INT, 15-17 record

I wonder how much better the Rams would have been with 6 more TDs and 12 less INTs.