Around The League V.2

Totty

37 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/gabe-jackson-excited-to-play-for-winning-organization-after-trade-to-seahawks

Gabe reiterates what I have been saying for years and that is no player wants to come here and get their teeth kicked in every Sunday.  We don't win, we have no direction, we cant attract top line FA players and we miss on draft picks.  

Anyone expecting a better than average season again will only be disappointed.  

We just need players to come in and get us to 10-7, 11-6 and then FAs that want to win will start finding us as an attractive destination.  Only way to get players like Gabe is to win with what we have.  Hopefully we make it happen this season and then the top players start wanting to come play for us.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/gabe-jackson-excited-to-play-for-winning-organization-after-trade-to-seahawks

Gabe reiterates what I have been saying for years and that is no player wants to come here and get their teeth kicked in every Sunday.  We don't win, we have no direction, we cant attract top line FA players and we miss on draft picks.  

Anyone expecting a better than average season again will only be disappointed.  

He did not say that all. 
All he said was that he is excited to play for the Seahawks. If you think this was said in spite against the Raiders you really need to toughen up lol. He was asked a question. 

"All I know is I'm excited to join the 12s and meet my other brothers"
I'm excited about) the team, the players that I know are there, the coaching staff, the fan base, the 12s. I remember playing against them and how loud it gets there. They win. I want to be a part of an organization that's like that
It almost feels like draft day, I feel like I'm a rookie all over again," he said. "I get to go somewhere and meet new people, and just start over

"I mean, as an offensive lineman or a player in general, I feel like you're always under a microscope. But the best thing you can do is just be yourself and work hard, take coaching and just do your best, and if you do everything right, you train right, you practice right, and all that, I mean it will pay off on Sundays. Just do the small things.

On 3/26/2021 at 7:21 PM, NYRaider said:

And Lynch traded Buckner for Javin Kinlaw. Shanahan is supposed to be a great offensive coach and QB guru, why can't he succeed without Jimmy? And considering Jimmy's injury history why didn't Lynch  bring in a better backup, even we paid Mariota. Is that how you build a winner? 

No, I think they’re going the KC route, Jimmy G can play at a competent level for them but they could draft a guy with a much higher ceiling with no pressure to start. You sit a guy like Fields and Lance for a year, refine them and then unleash them in their second season. 

23 hours ago, Geezy said:

Hudson and Jackson were two of the top paid players on the team for years, it’s easy to say these things as you leave. But maybe if we hadn’t spent so much on interior OL we’d be able to fill out the roster. 

Or maybe just draft better and hire better coaches  while they both was here. Cap space isn't even close to main reason. We couldn't  fill out this roster. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Geezy said:

Hudson and Jackson were two of the top paid players on the team for years, it’s easy to say these things as you leave. But maybe if we hadn’t spent so much on interior OL we’d be able to fill out the roster. 

They had 5 first round picks and 13 overall pick in the first 3 rounds to fill out the roster. Let's stop making it about money. The draft has been an unmitigated disaster under Gruden

• Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 8:08 AM, big_palooka said:

They had 5 first round picks and 13 overall pick in the first 3 rounds to fill out the roster. Let's stop making it about money. The draft has been an unmitigated disaster under Gruden

To be fair, the draft was also a disaster under McKenzie, and Al Davis before him. McKenzie had one good draft that were all common sense picks that fans were yelling for each round, in 2014. The Raiders have always been one of the worst teams in the NFL when it comes to the draft. Not defending Gruden/Mayock, they should be in a playoff or bust year facing the NFC East and have indeed drafted badly. 

I’m not expecting much different this year, but hopefully they surprise with some good picks.

Edited by BayRaider

On 4/1/2021 at 8:08 AM, big_palooka said:

2019 draft wasn't bad, Kolton was a steal in 2018, Ruggs and Arnette still have potential. MM needs to make it count in 2021 

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

2019 draft wasn't bad, Kolton was a steal in 2018, Ruggs and Arnette still have potential. MM needs to make it count in 2021 

I mean.. if you want to cherry pick, sure. Abram should of never gone in the 1st, neither should have Arnette. Ferrell, who I really liked as a prospect, was a consensus reach by fans on this forum, media, and draft gurus. 

I still have high hopes for Ruggs and Mullen. And Jacobs was a good pick, but still confident we could of got him with a trade down to 31-35, or trade up to 31-35. 

Also have high hopes for Arnette still, but I really do think he's a Nickel in this league, and you don't pick a Nickel in the 1st Round...

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I mean.. if you want to cherry pick, sure. Abram should of never gone in the 1st, neither should have Arnette. Ferrell, who I really liked as a prospect, was a consensus reach by fans on this forum, media, and draft gurus. 

I still have high hopes for Ruggs and Mullen. And Jacobs was a good pick, but still confident we could of got him with a trade down to 31-35, or trade up to 31-35. 

Also have high hopes for Arnette still, but I really do think he's a Nickel in this league, and you don't pick a Nickel in the 1st Round...

Arnette is a physical press man corner with terrific technique. Aside from having average length I’m not sure why people keep parroting the nickel corner talk. 

2 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Arnette is a physical press man corner with terrific technique. Aside from having average length I’m not sure why people keep parroting the nickel corner talk. 

Not gonna disagree with him being a physical corner or having terrific technique. His technique is excellent. I love that about him. However, yes, mostly about the arm length. It’s very rare for a corner to succeed on the outside with that arm length, and the success rate is well under 5%. He has a prototypical nickel corner arm length. Can he succeed on the outside? History and math says probably not, but yes, sure he can. Which is why I don’t have an issue with him on the outside one more year and see if he can hack it. 

Physically, Arnette is similar to Casey Hayward. Milus was able to get the most out of Hayward when he joined the Chargers. That doesn't mean he'll do the same with Arnette but if he doesn't, it won't be due to his measurables.

7 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Physically, Arnette is similar to Casey Hayward. Milus was able to get the most out of Hayward when he joined the Chargers. That doesn't mean he'll do the same with Arnette but if he doesn't, it won't be due to his measurables.

Hayward is a rare example though. This is a problem I have with some fans, you will always be able to find one player with similar measurables that succeeded. Then they say if he fails, it has nothing to do with measurables. No, the amount of corners who become successful on the outside with 30” arms is a shorter list than you can possibly imagine. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Hayward is a rare example though. This is a problem I have with some fans, you will always be able to find one player with similar measurables that succeeded. Then they say if he fails, it has nothing to do with measurables. No, the amount of corners who become successful on the outside with 30” arms is a shorter list than you can possibly imagine. 

IIRC Arnette was the first CB ever drafted in the 1st round that a sub 4.5 forty and had 30" arms, lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC Arnette was the first CB ever drafted in the 1st round that a sub 4.5 forty and had 30" arms, lol.

Yes, he had zero business going in the 1st Round, or even the top half of the second. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Also, his 40 was in the 4.5's. Never trust a Pro Day 40, ever. All the ones you see right now are total inaccurate garbage.

• Like 1