Around The League V.2

Totty

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jack Del Rio won 52% of his games in 3 years here and got fired. Gruden has won 40% of his games in 3 years here and everyone has lost hope. Shanahan and Lynch have won 45% of their games in SF and everyone views them as great.

Gotta look at the specifics. Lynch has built the roster extremely well. Shanahan has coached well. They have had two losing season purely because of Jimmy being injured. And Jimmy single handedly cost them that Super Bowl. Couldn’t make a big throw to save his own life. 

Gruden’s roster sucks. 

Edited by BayRaider

45 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

It's the right move if they hit on the QB. If not, everybody's getting fired.

Yeah, and it has to be a really good hit as well, they spend a lot of assets so cant improve via the draft much. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So well that losing a below average QB resulted in them falling from a 13-3 Super Bowl team to a 6-10 team? 

There’s a huge difference going from the 17th best QB in the league to about the 55th. Plus, Buckner was a huge loss. 

Edited by BayRaider

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

There’s a huge difference going from the 17th best QB in the league to about the 55th. Plus, Buckner was a huge loss. 

And Lynch traded Buckner for Javin Kinlaw. Shanahan is supposed to be a great offensive coach and QB guru, why can't he succeed without Jimmy? And considering Jimmy's injury history why didn't Lynch  bring in a better backup, even we paid Mariota. Is that how you build a winner? 

Edited by NYRaider

51 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jarran Reed to Kansas City. Andre James is going to get abused by Reed/Jones.

Dang.... I hate seeing Reed go to KC... hopefully he was somewhat expensive at least.... he’d have been the top DT to open FA if he was available back then 

I’m not convinced Martin won’t beat James out for the starting spot.  I’m not buying this James hyper train.  He very well could be good but I want to see it with my own eyes first.

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jarran Reed to Kansas City. Andre James is going to get abused by Reed/Jones.

Crazy how KC can afford all these players.  They have so much more talent on their roster than we do and we have roughly the same cap.  It kills me that we can't bring in real talent like this.  We really did go bargain bin shopping this offseason.

11 hours ago, Jerry said:

Crazy how KC can afford all these players.  They have so much more talent on their roster than we do and we have roughly the same cap.  It kills me that we can't bring in real talent like this.  We really did go bargain bin shopping this offseason.

Cap is irrelevant when you have Mahomes. Guys will come play and often for less. People want to win. 

• Like 1

https://www.nfl.com/news/gabe-jackson-excited-to-play-for-winning-organization-after-trade-to-seahawks

Gabe reiterates what I have been saying for years and that is no player wants to come here and get their teeth kicked in every Sunday.  We don't win, we have no direction, we cant attract top line FA players and we miss on draft picks.  

Anyone expecting a better than average season again will only be disappointed.  

27 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/gabe-jackson-excited-to-play-for-winning-organization-after-trade-to-seahawks

Gabe reiterates what I have been saying for years and that is no player wants to come here and get their teeth kicked in every Sunday.  We don't win, we have no direction, we cant attract top line FA players and we miss on draft picks.  

Anyone expecting a better than average season again will only be disappointed.  

Hudson and Jackson were two of the top paid players on the team for years, it’s easy to say these things as you leave. But maybe if we hadn’t spent so much on interior OL we’d be able to fill out the roster.