Around The League V.2

Totty

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I 100% agree with that Gruden will rely on vets more going forward. Think we see a very active FA for the Raiders very active. 

Sherman did an interview with Stephen A Smith and he asked him about the Raiders and Sherman said it’s appealing place cause of Gus and the system that he has ran his whole career, but he said that he would have to talk to his wife cause playing in the AFC West with Mahomes and the Chargers won’t be easy. 

always figured players would think that but to hear one actually say it is interesting 

Agreed... I think players think this all the time. The main reason I could see Watson not wanting to come to the AFCW is because of Mahomes. And also an even bigger concern for Sherman. Mahomes has screwed us in more ways than one, players know they can't dominate a division with Mahomes in it.

This is why I think Watson could end up on Washington. He could literally destroy that garbage division for a decade... even with Dak/Dallas. Washington already has a Top 3 Defense, Top 10 Coach, and Top 12 WR in McLaurin. They just desperately need an OL.

The Salary Cap might move to 185M, 10M above the floor that was set.

https://sportsnaut.com/2021-nfl-salary-cap-latest-040221/

According to NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero, team officials believe the 2021 NFL salary cap will land around $185 million per club, with a slight chance for the figure to be even higher. It would be a $10-plus million improvement on the figure that the league initially feared, which will positively impact the entire league.”

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Going hard and landing them are two different things, but I agree. I think Gruden is going to go full tilt the other direction and get vet heavy and start relying more on that approach.

I absolutely think we can land some name guys. Will it be the right ones though...

41 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I absolutely think we can land some name guys. Will it be the right ones though...

Gruden needs to mind his own business when Bradley and Mayock discuss the defense.  I want Gruden to have close to no impact on the defense.  Also I do not want anyone taking Cables advice on draft picks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

Gruden needs to mind his own business when Bradley and Mayock discuss the defense.  I want Gruden to have close to no impact on the defense.  Also I do not want anyone taking Cables advice on draft picks.

Gruden wants sherman I can tell. I'd rather have john johnson or marcus williams first and foremost.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed... I think players think this all the time. The main reason I could see Watson not wanting to come to the AFCW is because of Mahomes. And also an even bigger concern for Sherman. Mahomes has screwed us in more ways than one, players know they can't dominate a division with Mahomes in it.

This is why I think Watson could end up on Washington. He could literally destroy that garbage division for a decade... even with Dak/Dallas. Washington already has a Top 3 Defense, Top 10 Coach, and Top 12 WR in McLaurin. They just desperately need an OL.

This is absolute nonsense. 

I think you'll find that Watson probably thinks (like most successful pro athletes) he's the best QB in the league. He probably thinks he can beat anyone, anytime, anywhere. Mahomes is very, very good but the constant over estimating of his effect and abilities (not just by yourself, mainly by the media) is very irritating. We smashed Kansas in their own back yard this very year with a bottom 3 defence and a Beta male QB for heck's sake 🙄

On a positive, I do like Washington and they would be a great fit 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I think you'll find that Watson probably thinks (like most successful pro athletes) he's the best QB in the league. He probably thinks he can beat anyone, anytime, anywhere. Mahomes is very, very good but the constant over estimating of his effect and abilities (not just by yourself, mainly by the media) is very irritating. We smashed Kansas in their own back yard this very year with a bottom 3 defence and a Beta male QB for heck's sake 🙄

If a player is scared to come to the AFC west because of Patrick Mahomes. I don't want them on the team.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Go back and look he could have got rid of the ball in 3  seconds but he keep on drifting backwards.

He was drifting backwards because his line would get pushed back by a 4 man rush and TB had dropped 7 in coverage. Getting rid of the ball in 3 seconds probably wasn't possible.  KC was pure Fade material yesterday.  I knew they would get blown out

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

It’s called making a career choice on where you can win the most. Do I agree with it? No. But I’m absolutely sure players make these types of decisions. 

22 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Not so easy. Buccaneers caught KC at the right time. Injuries piled up for KC , Bucs had a tremendous game plan from Bowles , a front that can get pressure without blitzing versus a backups OLs and fast LBs who can cover a lot of ground.

Yeah that's what I said, it isn't easy lol.  And I completely agree.  KC's OL was decimated beyond repair.  

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

He was drifting backwards because his line would get pushed back by a 4 man rush and TB had dropped 7 in coverage. Getting rid of the ball in 3 seconds probably wasn't possible.  KC was pure Fade material yesterday.  I knew they would get blown out

Every team drops 7 in coverage.

He played a horrible game there is no way around that. 

14 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Pass on Wentz if anyone is even discussing it here. I think he has much more potential than Carr, but the last thing I want is another passive aggressive QB who gets sensitive over everything.

youre the most passive aggressive poster in the forum, what you talking about lmao