Around The League V.2

Totty

8 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

No one else noticed the huge hole in Patrick Mahomes game. He could not sit in the pocket and throw quick strikes to his receivers. He couldn't take what the defense is giving him instead he would scramble all over the field try to find and open man down field.

Not really. Mahomes sits in the pocket all the time and makes ridiculous throws. I dont see how you came to that conclusion

KC Offensive line was down 4 starters on the from last years team and was severely overmatched vs Tampa. Combine that with his turf toe injury, he was a sitting duck back there. No QB in the league could be effective under those circumstances

Edited by bucksavage1

4 hours ago, Jerry said:

How we beat them the first game and stayed competitive the second.  You have to get the lead!  Once you get the lead they go one dimensional (pass only).  Then you drop 7 or 8, 7 with a QB spy (A. Key played it for us well from what I remember).  Just play man, sticky coverage and just keep your foot on the gas.  You can beat them, it isn't easy, but it is possible.

Not so easy. Buccaneers caught KC at the right time. Injuries piled up for KC , Bucs had a tremendous game plan from Bowles , a front that can get pressure without blitzing versus a backups OLs and fast LBs who can cover a lot of ground.

11 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Payday. We were the only ones saying Bucs to win super bowl. Buccaneers futures cashed heavy. I saw they were the hot team going into the playoffs

Yeah I was the only one with Bucs over Chiefs in the Bracket Challenge thread. 

I also bet $120 on the Bucs MoneyLine at +140, and bet $70 on Tom Brady SB MVP at +200. Not huge money, but better than nothing. I’m not a baller lol. 

Congrats on your money my man. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

Not really. Mahomes sits in the pocket all the time and makes ridiculous throws. I dont see how you came to that conclusion

KC Offensive line was down 4 starters on the from last years team and was severely overmatched vs Tampa. Combine that with his turf toe injury, he was a sitting duck back there. No QB in the league could be effective under those circumstances

Go back and look he could have got rid of the ball in 3  seconds but he keep on drifting backwards.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He's going to go somewhere to win a ring. Shame the Raiders can't attract players like this. He'd be a good fit with the young secondary.

Lots of fans saying he's a shell of his former self. Still would be a nice vet to land and help the young guns like you noted. 

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Lots of fans saying he's a shell of his former self. Still would be a nice vet to land and help the young guns like you noted. 

Fans are often ridiculous.  Sure he isn’t in his prime but shell of his former self is beyond a stretch.  ID guess that’s just fans being sour that PP is moving on.

I did some scouting work for a NFL agent who represented Peterson on his rookie deal.  Not a fan of him at all.... he’s kind of a scumbag as is his father.  I don’t care to say specifics but he’s not a honorable person.

Edit: I will say “shell of former shelf” could mean two different things.  When I hear it I assume the person means the player is near done and living off his name but no longer Is a major contributor.

Edited by jimkelly02

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Let's see. We are gonna go hard after some good vets I can feel it.

Going hard and landing them are two different things, but I agree. I think Gruden is going to go full tilt the other direction and get vet heavy and start relying more on that approach.

I 100% agree with that Gruden will rely on vets more going forward. Think we see a very active FA for the Raiders very active. 

Sherman did an interview with Stephen A Smith and he asked him about the Raiders and Sherman said it’s appealing place cause of Gus and the system that he has ran his whole career, but he said that he would have to talk to his wife cause playing in the AFC West with Mahomes and the Chargers won’t be easy. 

always figured players would think that but to hear one actually say it is interesting