Around The League V.2

Totty

Just now, oakdb36 said:

We'll talk about that again when all the vets are gone and they haven't had a high draft pick in years. McVay is exactly like Gruden.

I do want to see how the Rams play out. It will be interesting to see if the fall off like crazy. They believe they can build rosters around superstar vets with very low ranked players around them. So far so good.  I do think some of what they do is right. Question is are they going to replace the vets with other high priced vets and let the young guys walk in contract years and replace them with more low ranked guys. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Man... the Rams do not hesitate. They go all in every chance they get. Great value here for a pass rusher. Will be a low 2nd and low 3rd round pick.

4-4 and the Broncos throw in the towel. Love to see it.

They would've had Mack if we said yes. 

Now the Broncos are gonna predictively draft an edge rusher or Qb in the first round. Which I'm completely cool with

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

McVay has had a winning record in each of his first 4 seasons and is well on track for another winning season in year 5. McVay isn't like Gruden, the players that he has traded for such as Jalen Ramsey, Matthew Stafford, etc. are elite players that give them a chance to be competitive now. 

Yes, now.

7 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

We'll talk about that again when all the vets are gone and they haven't had a high draft pick in years. McVay is exactly like Gruden.

Except I don't think mcvay have full control over every single roster move. 

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Wonder if the Rams even have a scouting director and if they do what does he exactly do with all this free time. Maybe best job in the NFL 

Van Jefferson, Tyler higbee, and Darrell Henderson. I mean I think his job is harder. He has to be really good at late round pics and undrafted guys to sustain this. 

4 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Van Jefferson, Tyler higbee, and Darrell Henderson. I mean I think his job is harder. He has to be really good at late round pics and undrafted guys to sustain this. 

The thing that people don't realize is that when you have elite players like Donald who can wreck a game on the DL and an elite CB like Ramsey that takes away half the field it completely changes the way teams attack you. They've literally just been cycling dudes in and out with no slip in performance. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Everyone jumped on the Chargers band wagon very early but I think they're a little overrated.

The defense isn't good yet. I mean they wasn't good when we played them. We just had awful oline play especially running the ball. They can be ran on with ease. 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

The defense isn't good yet. I mean they wasn't good when we played them. We just had awful oline play especially running the ball. They can be ran on with ease. 

I think it's simple: we would've never lost those two games if O-line played how it does now back then. 

3 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

We were down 21-14 in the 4th quarter with the ball during the beginning stages of email gate. The Chargers are solid but they're not some great, elite team.