Around The League V.2

Totty

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

We're currently 5-2 and play the Giants.

The Titans are 6-2 but play the Rams in LA. 

The Chiefs are 3-4 but play the Giants tonight and then the Packers on a short week.

The Chargers are 4-3 and play the Eagles in Philadelphia. 

The Bengals are 5-3 and play the Browns at home.

The Ravens are 5-2 and play the Vikings at home.

We genuinely have a chance to pull away in the AFC over the next 3 weeks. We need to beat the Giants this week but if we can beat them and then follow that up with wins over the Chiefs and Bengals, the #1 seed is a realistic possibility. 

I've got us at 12 wins right now.

We should beat NYG, Cincy should be Carr's dream day, we'll split with KC, beat Denver again, beat WTF, beat Indy, and should be able to beat the dysfunction known as the Browns. 

The Chargers still spook me a bit, and I don't know what to make of Dallas. Splitting with KC seems reasonable. 

What's great is, after really looking at our opponents, even the 3 I'm not chalking up as probable wins are absolutely winnable. 

I'd like to see 12+ wins, as everyone would. That said, I'm also at the point where anything less than 10+ is going to be a huge letdown. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

We should beat NYG, Cincy should be Carr's dream day, we'll split with KC, beat Denver again, beat WTF, beat Indy, and should be able to beat the dysfunction known as the Browns. 

The Chargers still spook me a bit, and I don't know what to make of Dallas. Splitting with KC seems reasonable. 

What's great is, after really looking at our opponents, even the 3 I'm not chalking up as probable wins are absolutely winnable. 

I'd like to see 12+ wins, as everyone would. That said, I'm also at the point where anything less than 10+ is going to be a huge letdown. 

Yeah I'm just taking it one game at a time, we need to win this week and then we'll be heading into the Kansas City game at 6-2. A win against them would really set the tone for the rest of the season. 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Man... you are bullish. I've personally seen enough Raider collapses to get excited. If they can navigate the next 2 games, I'll get excited. 

This team could be 10-7 or 7-10 and neither would surprise me. This team I will say has a different feel to them. Giants are a physical team who they need to not take lightly, then they need some of that Gus Bradley influence against KC. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah I'm just taking it one game at a time, we need to win this week and then we'll be heading into the Kansas City game at 6-2. A win against them would really set the tone for the rest of the season. 

I'm not ready for all the they were 6-2 in 2019 and 6-2 in 2020 takes yet. I know that much. 

Just now, big_palooka said:

Man... you are bullish. I've personally seen enough Raider collapses to get excited. If they can navigate the next 2 games, I'll get excited. 

This team could be 10-7 or 7-10 and neither would surprise me. This team I will say has a different feel to them. Giants are a physical team who they need to not take lightly, then they need some of that Gus Bradley influence against KC. 

Yeah starting 6-4/6-3 then finishing 7-9/8-8 the last two seasons has made me temper my expectations. 

The Giants game is a must win if we are really playoff contenders because we have a brutal 3 game stretch vs the Chiefs, Bengals, and Cowboys. As you said the Giants aren't as bad as their record indicates especially if their offensive skill players are playing. Luckily we get them off a bye while they'll be preparing for us on a short week. 

I think it’s fair to be gun shy on the Raiders cause of the HC situation and from what we seen the past two years to end the season but the leadership they have now is way different and I think they have a coach who is better at getting them ready to play even though it’s only a two game sample. 

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

On 9/16/2021 at 12:49 PM, Jeremy408 said:

So now that we have the official schedule, list your game by game predictions. 

Mine: 

Week 1 vs Baltimore Ravens -W

Week 2 at Pittsburgh Steelers - L

Week 3 vs Miami Dolphins - W

Week 4 at Los Angeles Chargers - 

Week 5 vs Chicago Bears - 

Week 6 at Denver Broncos - W

Week 7 vs Philadelphia Eagles - 

Week 9 at New York Giants - 

Week 10 vs Kansas City Chiefs - L

Week 11 vs Cincinnati Bengals - W

Week 12 at Dallas Cowboys - 

Week 13 vs Washington - 

Week 14 at Kansas City Chiefs - W

Week 15 at Cleveland Browns - W

Week 16 vs Denver Broncos - W

Week 17 at Indianapolis Colts - 

Week 18 vs Los Angeles Chargers - 

12-5

If everyone stays healthy and consistent

I still see everything the same except I think we swap the chargers games. In theory we're only gonna get better because we're going to continue to get people back that we counted on being starters is going into the year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How are they able to manage the salary cap gymnastics? I am going to be so disappointed if we sit on our hands at the deadline. 

Has to be a corresponding move or restructure because they didn't have enough cap space to eat Miller's cap hit.