Around The League V.2

Totty

19 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Raiders 1st + Bears 1st for Miami's 1st and Minkah Fitzpatrick is a trade I'd offer. It's the first they are looking for if they truly aren't tanking lol.

13 minutes ago, G said:

Oh I like that. I’m good with one first especially if it’s Miami’s 1st lol

We know they aren't taking that. But maybe they take the Bears 1st and a 3rd for Minkah and a 2021 2nd or 3rd.

Oh and in before the tin foilers pickup on the fact that his agent is Joel Segal.

Edited by NightTrainLane

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Dolphins will take a 2nd round pick for Fitzpatrick according to sources. 

We should offer them a 2020 3rd & 2021 2nd. 

Too much maybe if we was all pro... 2021 2nd or 2020 3rd. Package Preston Williams or Parker with him too. Why are dolphins openly tanking lol. This isn’t the nba lol 

24 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd much rather go after Xavien Howard than Fitzpatrick. So far, Fitzpatrick has looked like a dime-a-dozen starting safety to me (when he has played safety). And his best role, nickel corner, is already occupied by a better player in Lemarcus Joyner.

So because we have Joyner, you pass on a guy that has great potential, size and versatility for another big boundary corner when we have Conley, Worley, Mullen and Johnson coming back mid season. Not to mention that Minkah can play boundary as well.

Minkah is good as a slot but also as a FS. I think he would be perfect for us as he and Joyner could be on the field at the same time and rotate those two duties with Minkah taking the taller slot players man to man and Joyner taking the quicker ones. He is just scratching the surface when it comes to his play and I think Joyner would be a great influence on him. Think about having him, Joyner, Joesph, Conley and Worley/Mullens on the field at the same time. He also provides us with a insurance if we don't want to keep Joesph next year when Abrams returns.

16 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

The Raiders have too many first round safeties as it is. I would go after Howard personally, it’d give the Raiders a trio of good-great CBs. 

Abrams is hurt and it isnt a given Joseph will be back.

We have Conley, Mullens, Worley and Johnson. I think all can be starter material with time.

Rap was saying Minkah frustration with the Dolphins comes because Minkah just wants to play the slot and the Dolphins are playing him at multiple positions. 

I would offer next years second round pick. Abram is out and Minkah wouldn’t fill the Abram role but he would be better suited to play slot CB and would give the Raiders a better chance at covering the TE. 

I doubt the Raiders will take a serious look at Minkah tho. 

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I'd much rather go after Xavien Howard than Fitzpatrick. So far, Fitzpatrick has looked like a dime-a-dozen starting safety to me (when he has played safety). And his best role, nickel corner, is already occupied by a better player in Lemarcus Joyner.

Howard's numbers are flashy but he's either really good or really bad on tape. IIRC, he's the highest-paid corner in the league and we already have four solid players at the position. Pass. 

Fitzpatrick wants to play FS but the Dolphins make him play in the box. 

Our Bears 1st for BOTH Howard and Minkah then Miami can tank and we can deal with the headache of which talent plays where. :D

Or just one of our 3rds for Minkah. Don’t need him but he was a player I liked last year.

Edited by G

3 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

So because we have Joyner, you pass on a guy that has great potential, size and versatility for another big boundary corner when we have Conley, Worley, Mullen and Johnson coming back mid season. Not to mention that Minkah can play boundary as well.

Minkah is good as a slot but also as a FS. I think he would be perfect for us as he and Joyner could be on the field at the same time and rotate those two duties with Minkah taking the taller slot players man to man and Joyner taking the quicker ones. He is just scratching the surface when it comes to his play and I think Joyner would be a great influence on him. Think about having him, Joyner, Joesph, Conley and Worley/Mullens on the field at the same time. He also provides us with a insurance if we don't want to keep Joesph next year when Abrams returns.

Minkah hasn't proven he's an elite, or even Pro Bowl, talent in the NFL yet. Last season he played out of position at corner for a few games, and I wasn't particularly impressed otherwise. I was also much lower on him than most when he was coming out because I saw him as a niche player--a guy who excelled at playing in the slot in the flat zone. I view him generally as an average corner, an above-average safety (of which there are many already on the roster), and a quality slot zone corner/safety. As stated, I view Lemarcus Joyner as a better player than Fitzpatrick in just about every respect.

Corner is a much more valuable position and only Conley is the only proven above-average player at the position on the roster. If Conley had indeed gone down, the team would have been in dire straits at corner. Worley has only shown to be average and Mullen is a rookie who got picked on a lot with Conley out. Johnson being good is a complete crap shoot with the odds are that he's not.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Howard's numbers are flashy but he's either really good or really bad on tape. IIRC, he's the highest-paid corner in the league and we already have four solid players at the position. Pass. 

Fitzpatrick wants to play FS but the Dolphins make him play in the box. 

I don't see the same think on tape with Howard but I've honestly not studied him very closely.

I think we really only have two solid players at the position if you count Joyner. Worley has played average to below-average through last season, and Mullen and Johnson are rookies with the former getting picked on a bunch last game. Corner is not a position you want to mess around with, and if an elite talent is available you go get him.