Around The League V.2

Totty

Ideal situation for DC. Functional organization, good defense, playmakers, good OL, dome, weak division, NFC. Can’t wait to see what he can do with the things that were said to be asking for too much in Vegas lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Ideal situation for DC. Functional organization, good defense, playmakers, good OL, dome, weak division, NFC. Can’t wait to see what he can do with the things that were said to be asking for too much in Vegas lol 

Their offensive line wasn't very good last year but they were hurt. Skill guys are a question mark right now as well, Kamara might be suspended all season and Michael Thomas is likely getting cut.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

None of his detractors have said he WAS the problem. That is just a narrative Carr apologists have pushed. 

And how does him playing in a soft division where he's the best QB prove anything? If they don't make the playoffs, it would be a shock and probably get Dennis Allen fired. 

There have definitely been some people that have said that he is the problem.

To answer your question, it would prove that if he was on a better team, and a more stable organization, in which the Saints are both he could thrive. 

To answer your other question, if they don't make the playoffs, and Dennis Allen gets fired, then will know that he was the problem. Simple.

that's the cool part: it's not theoretical anymore. There's no excuse either way you look at it

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

It's hilarious that people act like DC is going to be some drastically different player than what we've seen over the past 9 years.

That's the exciting part we actually get to see regardless of inside the anybody falls on in terms of their opinion on him.

As for me, personally, I just think it's very interesting that the team that prevented us from moving the ball past the 50 all game thought that he was an upgrade at quarterback and was willing to pay him what essentially we would not despite being extremely above the cap.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

As for me, personally, I just think it's very interesting that the team that prevented us from moving the ball past the 50 all game thought that he was an upgrade at quarterback and was willing to pay him what essentially we would not despite being extremely above the cap.

The Saints went 7-10 last year just like we did and have had back to back mediocre offensive years after like 12 straight years with a top 10 offense. They also got him for 2 yr/$60M so less than what we were going to pay him and the way they structured his deal he only has a 7M cap hit.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Saints went 7-10 last year just like we did and have had back to back mediocre offensive years after like 12 straight years with a top 10 offense. They also got him for 2 yr/$60M so less than what we were going to pay him and the way they structured his deal he only has a 7M cap hit.

We didnt go 7-10 we went 6-11 and they shut us out. Theyre a better roster than us in every category. 

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

We didnt go 7-10 we went 6-11 and they shut us out. Theyre a better roster than us in every category. 

They still weren't very good last season, they shut us out largely because Carr played terribly. Our weapons are better than theirs and our OL was better than theirs last season as well.

The biggest issue for me is once again the complete incompetence by our front office.

-JM/DZ come in and extend Carr when he already had a contract in place.  The new contract not only paid Carr more money last year than he would have made under his old deal but the new contract gave Carr all the power with a no trade clause.

-Carr is released and not traded because of the no trade clause, they receive nothing in return and are saddled with a 6M cap hit for the release.  This is completely unacceptable and incompetence at its finest.  Had we not extended Carr and let him walk we at least would have received a comp pick but the way it was handled our team received zero and a 6M hit.  Other Gm's and agents around the league myst be laughing their ***** off at the level of incompetence shown here.  

-Carr clearly is valued around the league as a top 12ish Qb and just got paid like one.  35M per year, 100M guaranteed and another no trade clause.  Outside of some fringe, low brow, idiots, Carr is well respected QB and this contract once again proves it. 

-The pressure is now on for our front office and coaching staff.  Word around the league is that JM is not a likable guy who keeps his players at the facility much longer than the norm with below average results.  DZ and Jm have a lot of work to do and good luck trying to lure free agents when the word around the NFL is steer clear of this dumpster fire.  They just let a top 12ish Qb walk and not only received nothing in return they are now saddled with a 6M cap hit for doing so.

-The odds of JM making it through next year are minimal considering the lack of talent on this roster, 20+ years of consistent losing, his bad reputation/ losing record as a HC and their inability to lure quality FA's for value. 

-Like I have said for years the only way out of this mess will be to have two to three A+ drafts but will JM even be around to build the team the way he wants?  A 4ish win season next year with a stop gap bum will almost certainly seal his fate.  

-Another year of complete incompetence by our FO reinforcing that we have been and are the worst ran organization in all of the NFL and possibly all of pro sports.  There is no other way to view what has transpired as anything short of complete incompetence.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

-The odds of JM making it through next year are minimal considering the lack of talent on this roster, 20+ years of consistent losing, his bad reputation/ losing record as a HC and their inability to lure quality FA's for value.

We haven't even seen what we're going to do in free agency or the draft and you're already making assumptions, lmao.

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We haven't even seen what we're going to do in free agency or the draft and you're already making assumptions, lmao.

This coming from the guy who has been wrong about everything.  If being wrong and misinformed was right you'd be the most valued poster on this website. 

You also don't touch on any of what i was saying and are holding out some slim hope that I am wrong and we kill it in FA....  Good luck with that fallacy. 

Brady was a lock to come here... Wrong

Rodgers was a lock to come here... Wrong

Carr is a bum Qb who had no market and wouldn't get paid.... Wrong.

You are convinced that we have some tremendous level of talent, are well coached are some highly desirable landing spot for free agents LOL

You post on here no stop about ridiculous trade scenarios that will never happen, non stop posting about mock drafts and a million players you'd target.  It's wild!

Clearly I'm bored and that is the only reason why I entertain going back and forth with you.  Why do I feel like I'm playing chess and you're playing checkers when we have a conversation.   

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This coming from the guy who has been wrong about everything.  If being wrong and misinformed was right you'd be the most valued poster on this website. 

You also don't touch on any of what i was saying and are holding out some slim hope that I am wrong and we kill it in FA....  Good luck with that fallacy. 

You are convinced that we have some tremendous level of talent, are well coached are some highly desirable landing spot for free agents LOL

You post on here no stop about ridiculous trade scenarios that will never happen, non stop posting about mock drafts and a million players you'd target.  It's wild!

Clearly I'm bored and that is the only reason why I entertain going back and forth with you.  Why do I feel like I'm playing chess and you're playing checkers when we have a conversation.   

What have I been wrong about so far? 

Tom Brady actually might play next year, nothing has happened on the Rodgers front and we're reportedly still in the running to potentially land him. Carr isn't very good, he did get paid on what is essentially a 2 yr/$60M deal. 

I guess you must have missed us being third in the NFLPA's survey, I wonder why anyone would want to come here, lmao. 

You should honestly go root for the Saints. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What have I been wrong about so far? 

Tom Brady actually might play next year, nothing has happened on the Rodgers front and we're reportedly still in the running to potentially land him. Carr isn't very good, he did get paid on what is essentially a 2 yr/$60M deal. 

I guess you must have missed us being third in the NFLPA's survey, I wonder why anyone would want to come here, lmao. 

You should honestly go root for the Saints. 

Still not letting go of Brady.  Desperation at it's finest.  

Brady is not coming here and that is a fact.  t's truly remarkable that you wont let go. It's quite sad actually.

Rodgers is also not coming here despite your million posts fantasizing about it.  Worthless time spend on fictitious trades regarding Rodgers.  You are wrong again.  

You claim Carr is a bum, would not get paid nor have a market.  The dude is making 35M per year, is guaranteed 100M and once again has a NTC.  You were about as wrong as one can be if you don't think Carr walked out of this situation as a winner that embarrassed the Raiders.  100M must be chicken scratch to you LOL

The look of our front office is of complete incompetence which you clearly can't defend other than just spewing out nonsense about Carr being the reason this franchise has been the worst ran organization in pro sports for over 20 years,  It's a very low brow stance to anyone who understands the nuances of football.  

I just cant believe the million posts and hours of time wasted posting these fantasy scenarios in your head all day long.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

But but but that no state income tax tho......

Spoken like a bunch of neckbeards who clearly know very little about taxes, much less football lol

26 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Still not letting go of Brady.  Desperation at it's finest.  

Brady is not coming here and that is a fact.  t's truly remarkable that you wont let go. It's quite sad actually.

Rodgers is also not coming here despite your million posts fantasizing about it.  Worthless time spend on fictitious trades regarding Rodgers.  You are wrong again.  

You claim Carr is a bum, would not get paid nor have a market.  The dude is making 35M per year, is guaranteed 100M and once again has a NTC.  You were about as wrong as one can be if you don't think Carr walked out of this situation as a winner that embarrassed the Raiders.  100M must be chicken scratch to you LOL

The look of our front office is of complete incompetence which you clearly can't defend other than just spewing out nonsense about Carr being the reason this franchise has been the worst ran organization in pro sports for over 20 years,  It's a very low brow stance to anyone who understands the nuances of football.  

I just cant believe the million posts and hours of time wasted posting these fantasy scenarios in your head all day long.  

The way some of our fan base simps for Brady and all things Patriots actually makes me feel like being a Raider fan is a laughable thing anymore.