Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
barnaby8787

Jets to hire Gregg Williams as DC

Recommended Posts

4-3 would look pretty good.  Would that change our 1st pick? Lee would be much better but we would have to trade Jenkins.

I miss those Vilma and Abraham days it's time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of guys are going to say we’re in nickel most of the time but unlike last year when we’re in nickel we won’t have slow EDGE rushers. Leo will likely always be on the interior and Lee would have to worry about taking on blocks. He can clean up from the weak side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Not trying to negative here, in fact I’ve probably been one of the more positive guys with the coach signing despite it not being my first choice, however not with Trumaine. He was not misused under Bowles. Bowles’ defenses didn’t fail because of Bowles they failed because we don’t have enough good players. Trumaine is one them. He is not magically going to be a stud in Williams’ defense because it’s Williams. This guys speed is so diminished and his ability to press and tackle also really declined. Bowles has no choice but to play this guy off the balm. I think they also kept him out a week or two longer because they realized this early on and if healthy they had to play their 75 million dollar investment. They know they got clowned and we’re wrong on him. He’s pretty much just a below average corner at this point. 

In fairness, Tru battled some injuries last year.  He also seems like a player who needs discipline (like some kids) and Bowles did not provide that.  I expect a rebound year frankly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jetfan8178 said:

Im so happy to see the 3-4 go away... And the perfect season to do it with the FA talent out there as well as whats in the draft.

 

5 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Anderson isn’t a good fit in a 4-3 and I view Shep as a back up 3-tech, need another guy to rotate with Pennel and I don’t see that currently on the roster

I'm not quite as up on your personnel as i was a couple of seasons ago. Can you move to the 4-3 pretty easily?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t get your hopes on up Tru is all I’m saying. He wasn’t out of scheme Bowles runs a press coverage too Tru can’t play it anymore. He’s too slow if he get beat off the line. Coaches and front office knew they got fooled. He led us in picks with 3 lol. He didn’t play hurt either, he was ready to return and we kept him out because he was awful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

 

I'm not quite as up on your personnel as i was a couple of seasons ago. Can you move to the 4-3 pretty easily?

We need pass rushers. But we are good at DT and LB pretty much. Maybe add 1 LB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the idea of Williams as long as the personnel changes can be handled mostly in FA. I hope the focus of the offseason is doing whatever it takes to help Darnold and the offense, and the Jets don't get bogged down with switching defensive schemes at the expense of the top priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

Don’t get your hopes on up Tru is all I’m saying. He wasn’t out of scheme Bowles runs a press coverage too Tru can’t play it anymore. He’s too slow if he get beat off the line. Coaches and front office knew they got fooled. He led us in picks with 3 lol. He didn’t play hurt either, he was ready to return and we kept him out because he was awful. 

Press man vs Zone is different. 

Lateral quickness is extremely important

He still led us in picks no matter how you slice it. He actually had 4 iirc. 2 in that Bills game we shouldn’t have won. 

He was injured but we also acknowledged he was playing bad. 

Not sure where your agenda is right now tho. 

There was a 3 week stretch late in the season he was the #1 rated Corner.

 

he got healthy and played well.

but he was hurt and also terrible early on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Harris Smith said:

I like the idea of Williams as long as the personnel changes can be handled mostly in FA. I hope the focus of the offseason is doing whatever it takes to help Darnold and the offense, and the Jets don't get bogged down with switching defensive schemes at the expense of the top priority.

We have enough cap space and our draft picks are high enough to do a lot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Harris Smith said:

I like the idea of Williams as long as the personnel changes can be handled mostly in FA. I hope the focus of the offseason is doing whatever it takes to help Darnold and the offense, and the Jets don't get bogged down with switching defensive schemes at the expense of the top priority.

This is my singular concern with a Williams hire. It’s going to take resources away from the offense to change schemes. Where as with a 34, there weren’t any glaring holes.

Seems like the idea of adding Bell, a WR, and two new starting OLmen is out the window with this hiring.

Edited by BlaZeN37

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Press man vs Zone is different. 

Lateral quickness is extremely important

He still led us in picks no matter how you slice it. He actually had 4 iirc. 2 in that Bills game we shouldn’t have won. 

He was injured but we also acknowledged he was playing bad. 

Not sure where your agenda is right now tho. 

There was a 3 week stretch late in the season he was the #1 rated Corner.

 

he got healthy and played well.

but he was hurt and also terrible early on. 

So we signed him to the richest deal for a CB to have 3 good weeks. Got it. Hey I hope I am wrong I just was very unimpressed with him this year, but I maybe he redeems himself in 2019, I’m just not counting on it and wish we could rid ourselves of that contract personally. Either way, so pumped about Gregg Williams D. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

So we signed him to the richest deal for a CB to have 3 good weeks. Got it. Hey I hope I am wrong I just was very unimpressed with him this year, but I maybe he redeems himself in 2019, I’m just not counting on it and wish we could rid ourselves of that contract personally. Either way, so pumped about Gregg Williams D. 

I wasn’t impressed either. He clearly underachieved. I’m just focusing on why or at least my perception of why he didn’t play well early on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×