NFC Championship Game - @ Saints

RamRod

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Which is exactly why A) he wont be on Michael Thomas and B) we will have someone over the top to safe guard against that

Hopefully we are actually baiting that throw very deep, where Brees looked alittle shaky last week, for an early turnover on an under throw

I noticed in his presser yesterday, Wade took blame for Marcus' bad game. Cited he did not give him help, so you can bet your *** B is going to be true hahah

Its gameday folks or as I call it with my Saints peeps, its d-day aka dooms day. As I said in the other thread I have the Rams winning 30-27. Again I wont give any stats because at this point I dont care how the Rams win as long as they win. Its survive and advance at this point. 

I do think the Rams running game is going to be key. In the first matchup, I felt like the Saints didnt do a great job at shutting the Rams running game down, its just the Rams went away from it because they got down by 21pts quickly. Gurley did run the ball but 13 times but he averaged 5.9ypc. No other back ran the ball in that game when Gurley wasnt on the field. That wont happen in this game. There is going to be a healthy dose of Gurley and Anderson all game long and with no Rankins for the Saints I think the Rams will have their way with them. Here is an interesting stat that I heard on the FantasyPros podcast. They talked about the difference with Rankins and without him. In 2016 when Rankins was hurt the Saints rushing defense allowed 4.9ypc. When Rankins was healthy in 2017 and in 2018 the Saints rushing defense allowed 3.1ypc. Even when he gets taken off the field in games the Saints are allowing 3.9ypc this season on the ground. So he makes a huge difference and the Rams are going to exploit that. The crowd noise wont be a factor in the running game so if the Saints cant stop the run, it dont matter how much noise the crowd makes. I look for the Rams to prove point that they can run on the top ranked run defense. At the end of the game Saints fans are going to say no Rankins helped the Rams just like they said last season no Lattimore and Crawley helped the Rams. They wont be wrong because its stating the obvious. The Rams are going to control the clock just like they did against Dallas and put all the pressure on the Saints to score every time they touch the ball because they just wont have it much. As great as Brees is, Ive seen that when he has to press he can force things and make mistakes. You dont want to do that against a Rams defense that is 3rd in interceptions, tied for 4th in fumbles, and 3rd overall in takeaways. Plus Donald is not going to have another bad game against the Saints. If Suh shows up like he did against the Cowboys and I believe Talib is going to neutralize Thomas, the Saints offense will get slowed down. Thats why I like the Rams in this game. 

The Rams ended the half on a great note. We are in this game. Im impressed with the defense hanging in there considering the offensive slow start and being put in bad positions. One of which they caused for jumping offsides on a 4th down when the Saints werent going to run a play. 

The Rams are great at halftime adjustments and have the ball to start the half. If they score they will either tie or take the lead. I feel really good for the 2nd half. Lets continue to shut this crowd up and take this game. 

Archived