NFC Championship: Rams vs. Saints

DigInBoys

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I just said the ref didn't make the correct call. The correct call would have been a 10-yard penalty for assisting the runner.

You say assisting the runner, I say trying to get the runner out of the way to make the block.

Still though my point is bad calls have been happening all year. So why get hung up now on it?

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

You say assisting the runner, I say trying to get the runner out of the way to make the block.

Still though my point is bad calls have been happening all year. So why get hung up now on it?

I'm not hung up on bad calls. I'm hung up on a biased ref.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not hung up on bad calls. I'm hung up on a biased ref.

If you were to look at the number of flags thrown for each ref there is gonna be one team they blew the whistle on more then others. That does not mean that ref hates that team or has something against them.

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

If you were to look at the number of flags thrown for each ref there is gonna be one team they blew the whistle on more then others. That does not mean that ref hates that team or has something against them.

That sounds exactly like bias. If the ref has a history of flagging a specific team more than others, I'm not sure how you explain that when there are no other constants.

Just now, jrry32 said:

That sounds exactly like bias. If the ref has a history of flagging a specific team more than others, I'm not sure how you explain that when there are no other constants.

Maybe that one team just happens to play more poorly when he's around or maybe he's just a terrible ref. But for every ref there will always be one team at the top and may change from time to time. Doesn't mean anything. The Cowboys have been the most penalized team in the league for the last few years, doesn't mean all the refs have it out for the Cowboys. Otherwise we should be playing the Saints this weekend.

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Maybe that one team just happens to play more poorly when he's around or maybe he's just a terrible ref. But for every ref there will always be one team at the top and may change from time to time. Doesn't mean anything. The Cowboys have been the most penalized team in the league for the last few years, doesn't mean all the refs have it out for the Cowboys. Otherwise we should be playing the Saints this weekend.

No, it means the Cowboys are not a disciplined team. That's not related to the issue here. Ref bias does mean something. And it's something we shouldn't be asked to ignore.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Never in my life have I heard a Patriots fan complain about that guy, definitely not openly crying in a thread but okay jrry. Keep setting up those excuses, does the Superdome use special LED lighting that effects the Rams too?

27 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

No, it means the Cowboys are not a disciplined team. That's not related to the issue here. Ref bias does mean something. And it's something we shouldn't be asked to ignore.

Maybe the Rams just play more poorly under this guy. Maybe they've gotten scared of making a mistake around him and it makes them anxious leading to more mistakes?

Who knows maybe he is biased. But if you play lights out then bias shouldn't enter into it.

24 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Never in my life have I heard a Patriots fan complain about that guy, definitely not openly crying in a thread but okay jrry. Keep setting up those excuses, does the Superdome use special LED lighting that effects the Rams too?

"Never in my life have I heard a Patriots fan complain about that guy . . ." *Article literally shows Patriot fans complaining about that guy*

You're soft, man. Yeah, you're soft. LOOOOOL. You can stop with the facade, man.

24 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

"Never in my life have I heard a Patriots fan complain about that guy . . ." *Article literally shows Patriot fans complaining about that guy*

You're soft, man. Yeah, you're soft. LOOOOOL. You can stop with the facade, man.

No you showed an article from some dude saying that Patriots fans complain about it. I’ve never seen it on this site or with anyone I talk to in New England.

Ive got 7 Rams fans in this thread crying about a dude when the game hasn’t even started.

5 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

No you showed an article from some dude saying that Patriots fans complain about it. I’ve never seen it on this site or with anyone I talk to in New England.

Ive got 7 Rams fans in this thread crying about a dude when the game hasn’t even started.

That's rich. I recall Patriots fans complaining about Jerome Boger's crew on the old boards. But it actually gets better. Not only did their fans complain about Boger, Patriots media members AND Tom Brady complained about Boger. Of course, this thread isn't about the Patriots. It's about our two favorite teams.

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

It’s soft. You don’t see Chiefs or Patriots fans pre setting excuses, because we ain’t soft.

Easy tough guy, that’s because you’re not 0-8 with the ref who shows clear bias against your team reffing your game 

12 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

We don't want someone reffing our game that has a history of giving the Rams the short-end of the stick. The turning point in our first matchup was the Hekker spot. Mike Pereira thought it was a bad spot and thought there was enough evidence to overturn it. That didn't happen.

I personally don't recall the Falcons game last year or the Eagles game this year to be poorly officiated against the Rams. I think it is fair to not one someone to ref the re-match when they screwed up a pivot call in our first meeting. We'll see how the game goes and we can only hope that there is no egregious calls either way.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

They won’t understand. It’s not about the quantity of calls, it’s the quality. 

For example, not giving us the extra yard which would’ve made a first down on a 4th and 1. 

Calling defensive pass interference instead of defensive holding to give them extra yards 

calling holding at the worst possible time, even though almost every snap can be a holding call

Archived