NFC Championship: Rams vs. Saints

DigInBoys

We've waited 18 years for this moment to come again and you bet your a$$ it rubs us the wrong way to see the moment come with an even more uphill battle than it deserves. Just want a fair shot is all. If we lose handedly, I will tip my cap and root for you guys to bet whoever comes out of the AFC. But if we see ANOTHER game where the penalty yardage is lopsided in favor of the opposing team and ANOTHER game where subjective calls are favoring the opposing team I'm going throwing the coffee table through the window. Look for a late 20's bearded guy on barstool/WorldStar later that night.

Take it as whining or making excuses, I truly dgaf, but if you waited this long for another shot at a superbowl and that opportunity became slighted by documented bias (intentional or not, doesn't matter), you would be doing the same thing.

42 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Uhh, okay. You seem awful defensive.

Not at all. I'm only pointing out that with the Saints supposed vulnerabilities that everybody keeps talking about (including myself, many pages ago on this same thread), there's virtually no way they should win this game. The Saints are "not that good"

1 minute ago, Destructo Spin said:

Not at all. I'm only pointing out that with the Saints supposed vulnerabilities that everybody keeps talking about, there's virtually no way they should win this game.

Honestly there isn’t.  It’ll take something they haven’t shown in months, or a sub par game from the Rams.  Maybe both.

Weird how we feel about our teams as I feel the opposite. Probably because neither of us are the team we both were 3/4's of the way through the season. I still think the Saints are the better team because defense. Vegas agrees even though it's only half a point.

31 minutes ago, Destructo Spin said:

I basically agree. If the Rams play like crap the Saints could win. If the Rams come in full power and firing on all cylinders, it'll be over by halftime. We just don't have the horses at this point to get it done in an all-out slugfest.

I don't understand this? You guys are at home. You guys have kamara who is a match up nightmare for any team, let alone a team with a weaker LB core. You guys have a top 5 WR who has already torched us, not to mention a HoF QB and a above average defense.

We might be playing the ref card but you guys are playing the underdog card...which you can't cause you're 14-3 at this point and the number 1 seed....

4 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I don't understand this? You guys are at home. You guys have kamara who is a match up nightmare for any team, let alone a team with a weaker LB core. You guys have a top 5 WR who has already torched us, not to mention a HoF QB and a above average defense.

We might be playing the ref card but you guys are playing the underdog card...which you can't cause you're 14-3 at this point and the number 1 seed....

We haven’t been all that great offensively for a while.  What we’re capable of and what we do on Sundays are two different things.

"If the Rams play like crap the Saints could win", "it'll take something they haven't shown in months, or a sub par game from the Rams"

Unless this is taking the whole reverse jinx thing to the next level, I just don't think these are great takes. In reality these two teams are pretty evenly matched. They are for the most part the same teams they were the last time they met with a few changes to each roster (Rankins, Cupp out, Ginn, Davenport, Anderson, Talib in). Last game both teams had no problem putting points on the board in a shootout. I don't anticipate a shootout this time around. It seems both teams have seen some improvement to their defenses in the 2nd half of the season. The Rams and Saints have both seen their fair share of inconsistency on offense down the final stretch of the season, and have shown that their offenses aren't the unstoppable forces they were for a good chunk of the year. To say the Saints need to show something they haven't shown in months to win wouldn't be accurate, nor would needing the Rams to play like crap to win be accurate. 

3 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

We haven’t been all that great offensively for a while.  What we’re capable of and what we do on Sundays are two different things.

Payton could have been easing off the gas pedal for the playoffs just like I think Mcvay and Reid were doing, you guys started off slow after 2 weeks rest. Nothing to see here. There is no pulling punches in the NFC championship game . We will see what both teams are capable of...

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

We've waited 18 years for this moment to come again and you bet your a$$ it rubs us the wrong way to see the moment come with an even more uphill battle than it deserves. Just want a fair shot is all. If we lose handedly, I will tip my cap and root for you guys to bet whoever comes out of the AFC. But if we see ANOTHER game where the penalty yardage is lopsided in favor of the opposing team and ANOTHER game where subjective calls are favoring the opposing team I'm going throwing the coffee table through the window. Look for a late 20's bearded guy on barstool/WorldStar later that night.

Take it as whining or making excuses, I truly dgaf, but if you waited this long for another shot at a superbowl and that opportunity became slighted by documented bias (intentional or not, doesn't matter), you would be doing the same thing.

Pretty fair statement.

1 hour ago, Destructo Spin said:

Not at all. I'm only pointing out that with the Saints supposed vulnerabilities that everybody keeps talking about (including myself, many pages ago on this same thread), there's virtually no way they should win this game. The Saints are "not that good"

I'm not buying it. I don't know any reasonable Rams fan who thinks the Saints aren't good. Before I knew you know who was assigned the game, I figured this was a 50/50 game. The Saints and Rams tied for the best record in the NFL for a reason. And it wasn't luck.

42 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Weird how we feel about our teams as I feel the opposite. Probably because neither of us are the team we both were 3/4's of the way through the season. I still think the Saints are the better team because defense. Vegas agrees even though it's only half a point.

They don’t feel that way it’s just trying to play the jinx game. They’re going to smoke us they’re so much better of a team.

41 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not buying it. I don't know any reasonable Rams fan who thinks the Saints aren't good. Before I knew you know who was assigned the game, I figured this was a 50/50 game. The Saints and Rams tied for the best record in the NFL for a reason. And it wasn't luck.

It wasn’t luck, it was all that money we raised to pay off the refs.

Archived