NFC Championship: Rams vs. Saints

DigInBoys

1 minute ago, btfd16 said:

I appreciate the self awareness hahaha especially the drinking part (guilty here as much as the next guy).

I guess what I meant by that was more of all fan bases complain about the refs. It's human nature. Rams do it, Saints do it, Cowboys do it and so forth.

Just tried to state my point of statistical anomaly vs just poor officiating. My thoughts have been expressed and I will no longer bring in up in this thread. Now back to actual game talk.

good talk.  You get a like.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I read it and all I keep reading from you guys is your reiteration that he's biased. Saint's fans are right, it sounds like a propped up excuse "just in case" argument.

You guys have already made it clear that you think he's biased so why keep bringing it up?

It's not a just in case. It's more of a "we want to win a championship". This is the biggest game we have had in 18 years. We are fired up and excited, because we know we are better than the saints and we don't want to lose on bad officiating. So are we worried about it? Hell yes we are, that's why we are bringing it up. So Sue is I guess? 

But I assure you, the last thing we are worried about is making excuses if we lose. We don't wanna lose and that's why we're are talking about it.

8 minutes ago, Riftty said:

It's not a just in case. It's more of a "we want to win a championship". This is the biggest game we have had in 18 years. We are fired up and excited, because we know we are better than the saints and we don't want to lose on bad officiating. So are we worried about it? Hell yes we are, that's why we are bringing it up. So Sue is I guess? 

But I assure you, the last thing we are worried about is making excuses if we lose. We don't wanna lose and that's why we're are talking about it.

I mean we have seen horrendous officiating all years in some of the biggest games of the year. Fact is, it's just happened to be a very bad year. Even in the Rams and Cowboys game there was bad officiating. I would put that play stop sack the refs called in the top 10 of worst calls all year and that's saying something. But it happens and more then likely we will see bad officiating this game too.

5 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I mean we have seen horrendous officiating all years in some of the biggest games of the year. Fact is, it's just happened to be a very bad year. Even in the Rams and Cowboys game there was bad officiating. I would put that play stop sack the refs called in the top 10 of worst calls all year and that's saying something. But it happens and more then likely we will see bad officiating this game too.

I totally agree, that was a pretty bad call. It definitely sucks to be on that end of the bad calls, I just don't wanna be on the bad side this weekend, I don't really wanna be on the good side of those calls either. It's almost as bad hearing "you only won cause of this". 

Anyways back to football talk. Is it easier to run the ball in loud environments? Is it easier to control the line and snap count than if you were doing pass plays? That could be the biggest factor In if the Rams win or not.

I haven't paid too much attention to the Saints OLine can someone enlighten me? I know last time, Brees' release time was insanely quick and it didn't even give time to get in the backfield. But I feel like it has been a long time since that game.

Not to mention I don't even think Marcus Peters got out of bed so Thomas was open within the 2 seconds it took to release.

1 minute ago, btfd16 said:

I haven't paid too much attention to the Saints OLine can someone enlighten me? I know last time, Brees' release time was insanely quick and it didn't even give time to get in the backfield. But I feel like it has been a long time since that game.

Not to mention I don't even think Marcus Peters got out of bed so Thomas was open within the 2 seconds it took to release.

Saints fans are saying it's pretty beat up. That is Brees biggest strength though is that quick release and getting that ball out insanely quick. 

2 minutes ago, btfd16 said:

Yall are really gonna need to step up your pass rush for any hope to slowing down the Saints. You're not dealing with a average passer like Dak and Payton actually has a mind for offensive scheming. As fast and as great as Donald is I do wonder what he is gonna be able to do against this team. Peat I would say isn't any better or worse then Connor Williams right now but Williams and Looney both did an unbelievable job of phasing Donald out for most of the game in passing situations.

I have the Saints in this 27-21 cause I think the Saints will not be caught off guard like the Cowboys were and use their film specifically to be ready for that run game. On top of that I just don't think the Rams have the pass rush ability to get after Brees the way they need to like the Cowboys did earlier in the year.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:54 PM, MookieMonstah said:
On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 2:21 PM, N4L said:

The Rams have a top 3 OL in football, and the saints wont have Sheldon rankins. Its entirely feasible they will run up the middle and have success. 

Kelce was actually pushed from the side by the right DT on that play at the same time that Stallworth tries to throw him the same way. Kelce never saw the other DT and had poor pad level on that one. Not sure if that was an RPO and therefore he didn't get downhill, but it was odd technique for a power up the middle.

You cant tell me an undrafted rookie is going to come in and play as well as Sheldon Rankins (12th overall pick in 2016) has played this year, Im sorry, not buying it

34 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I hope you realize that had the ref made the "correct" call, it would have been a 10-yard penalty for Dallas. Collins held up Dak to prevent him from being sacked.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

That's jsut in general complaints about horrible calls we see.  We also admit when the other team got hosed.  Oh and most of those comments probably came from me while drinking. We don't have these complexes where a specific ref crew is just out to get us.  But hey 0-8, like I said, it might just be that the things you guys get called for are things you do more than your opponent, have you ever thought about that?

That argument doesn't make sense when the Rams have had different coaching staffs that ran completely different schemes over that period of time.

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

Kelce was actually pushed from the side by the right DT on that play at the same time that Stallworth tries to throw him the same way. Kelce never saw the other DT and had poor pad level on that one. Not sure if that was an RPO and therefore he didn't get downhill, but it was odd technique for a power up the middle.

You cant tell me an undrafted rookie is going to come in and play as well as Sheldon Rankins (12th overall pick in 2016) has played this year, Im sorry, not buying it

All of this is accurate. 

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

All of this is accurate. 

I am terrified of this new power run game you guys have found.

Its the type of run game that demoralizes defenses and keeps your defense fresh.

Gurley doesn't look the same to me, Im pretty confident he has an MCL sprain that is effecting his lateral movement. He looked great on the long touchdown because he was mostly running straight. The fact they used him sparingly says a lot 

36 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I hope you realize that had the ref made the "correct" call, it would have been a 10-yard penalty for Dallas. Collins held up Dak to prevent him from being sacked.

Of course he made the correct call but this other ref is the Rams boogie man. Where was the flag at on the play then?

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Of course he made the correct call but this other ref is the Rams boogie man. Where was the flag at on the play then?

I just said the ref didn't make the correct call. The correct call would have been a 10-yard penalty for assisting the runner.

Archived