AFC Championship: Patriots vs. Chiefs

DigInBoys

10 hours ago, childofpudding said:

If Watkins can step up, he does have the potential for a big game, or at least a few game-changing plays. The Patriots will be hyper-focused on Mahomes, Hill and Kelce, which could give Watkins plenty of opportunities

yeah it's what i've been thinking a lot. the pats have a big enough challenge trying to contain hill and kelce but when a third option is someone  capable of having a game like watkins is, it's a lil nerve wrecking even if i don't think much of watkins as a player. 

Kansas City fans really deserve a Super Bowl appearance. They're long suffering, snakebitten, loyal through high times and hard times, and it's been nearly 50 years since that city has celebrated a Super shot. They deserve this moment.

As for New England fans.... your baseball team won a World Series just a few months ago. The Patriots already have 5 SB's. Don't get greedy.

I've never seen the Chiefs in the AFCCG. This week has taken forever. 

The Chiefs will have 3 new starters in the defensive backfield compared to the first matchup. 

EB, Sorenson(or Lucas) and Ward. All 3 are big upgrades. Leading up to the 1st game, they signed Josh Shaw to help and had WR Marcus Kemp working out as an emergency safety. Ward started in the Seattle game for the first time in Week 15 and has looked like the best CB on the roster at times. He's seems to stick to WR's like glue and is a very physical tackler. Eric Berry is a former all pro that has played sparingly recently but expected to start and play the entire game. Josh Shaw and Ron Parker are gone, and Scandrick has been benched. This is a much improved defensive backfield. 

Justin Houston was also out the first matchup and while he's not the 22 sack guy he once was he finally appears to be fully healed from the injuries that have plagued him. He's been a terror recently. His replacement for the first game was 2nd Round Draft pick Breeland Speaks who was starting for the first time (the guy that had Brady in his hands but didn't sack him because he was scared of the fine...)

The key to the defense is going to be stopping the run and the short passes and putting Brady in 3rd and Long to give the best pass rushing team in the NFL a shot at knocking him down. 

6 hours ago, CKS97 said:

Kansas City fans really deserve a Super Bowl appearance. They're long suffering, snakebitten, loyal through high times and hard times, and it's been nearly 50 years since that city has celebrated a Super shot. They deserve this moment.

As for New England fans.... your baseball team won a World Series just a few months ago. The Patriots already have 5 SB's. Don't get greedy.

Dude 100% of your posts are about the Pats. Is everything okay?

6 hours ago, jaa1025 said:

I've never seen the Chiefs in the AFCCG. This week has taken forever. 

The Chiefs will have 3 new starters in the defensive backfield compared to the first matchup. 

EB, Sorenson(or Lucas) and Ward. All 3 are big upgrades. Leading up to the 1st game, they signed Josh Shaw to help and had WR Marcus Kemp working out as an emergency safety. Ward started in the Seattle game for the first time in Week 15 and has looked like the best CB on the roster at times. He's seems to stick to WR's like glue and is a very physical tackler. Eric Berry is a former all pro that has played sparingly recently but expected to start and play the entire game. Josh Shaw and Ron Parker are gone, and Scandrick has been benched. This is a much improved defensive backfield. 

Justin Houston was also out the first matchup and while he's not the 22 sack guy he once was he finally appears to be fully healed from the injuries that have plagued him. He's been a terror recently. His replacement for the first game was 2nd Round Draft pick Breeland Speaks who was starting for the first time (the guy that had Brady in his hands but didn't sack him because he was scared of the fine...)

The key to the defense is going to be stopping the run and the short passes and putting Brady in 3rd and Long to give the best pass rushing team in the NFL a shot at knocking him down. 

Ward is a plus but we have just seem him in a few games.

Berry is a total unknown at this point.

Sorensen is ok, far from a difference maker.

I love the Chiefs pass rush with Ford, Jones and Houston. I am just hoping thr Chiefs D has a real good plan to prevent Brady from completing short and quick passes and getting comfortable.

I don't think the Pats will be running wild.

Archived