Raiders Defense

Rolni

On 3/30/2020 at 10:06 AM, Darbsk said:

With a couple of impactful rookies we might have the makings of a decent D there, however, it does show how vulnerable we are to injury if we dont get some good rookie contributors. Imagine if Crosby, Kwit and Mullen go down, not a pretty thought at all and hopefully a rookie CB, some LB depth and another depth rusher can be brought on board.

I'd sacrifice my first born son to move the 19th pick for 2 2nd round picks. Flip those into Jaylon Johnson and Ashtyn Davis, take Malik Harrison with the 80th pick, and draft Alton Robinson or Darrell Taylor with the 91st pick. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Trading down from 19 to get a corner is my play personally. We can use whatever picks we gain to trade up into the 2nd...

I’ve been saying this for a long time... totally agree.

luckily there’s 3 CBs we could potentially get (Terrell, Johnson, Fulton) so we’ll likely be able to get one.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd sacrifice my first born son to move the 19th pick for 2 2nd round picks. Flip those into Jaylon Johnson and Ashtyn Davis, take Malik Harrison with the 80th pick, and draft Alton Robinson and Darrell Taylor with the 91st pick. 

I'll join you on that. Maybe if we can get a few more sacrifices, the footballs gods will bless us.

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'd sacrifice my first born son to move the 19th pick for 2 2nd round picks. Flip those into Jaylon Johnson and Ashtyn Davis, take Malik Harrison with the 80th pick, and draft Alton Robinson and Darrell Taylor with the 91st pick. 

Johnson, Davis and Harrison is how I would love to go. Stick in a guard like John Simpson and that’s my mock. 

6 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:
13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'll join you on that. Maybe if we can get a few more sacrifices, the footballs gods will bless us.

Will they take mother in laws?? 😁😁

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

What teams and what players do yall think gets is that trade down scenario? 

Indianapolis maybe for a developmental QB as they have 2 seconds.  Patriots if they see a guy they really like as a QB to develop and i believe they have 3 thirds.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Do we really NEED another LB though? A corner or free safety could have a much bigger impact in year 1. For once I want to have a secondary that isn't a liability. Where we count on guys to actually make plays and not extend drives because of stupid holding calls/forgetting coverages and getting toasted over the top.

good question. everyone on here has enough common sense to want a trade down with 19 at this point. I was just sharing the article. in truth this 19 pick is quite tricky if ya want value for us, no cb or s just pops out as great value at that pick. like some have said you just gotta believe you are getting your guy , and believe in that pick.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

good question. everyone on here has enough common sense to want a trade down with 19 at this point. I was just sharing the article. in truth this 19 pick is quite tricky if ya want value for us, no cb or s just pops out as great value at that pick. like some have said you just gotta believe you are getting your guy , and believe in that pick.

I still think there are a lot of guys the staff may have on board. Mckinney is another even though I don't feel like he's a great fit...

9 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

NGL was rewatching some games on gamepass and Lawson was looking pretty good. Surprising because of his rep with lions fans, but I agree @Darbsk that he should be penciled in as the starter opposite mullen prior to offseason activities.

I thought Lawson played significantly better as the season went on.  I’m still shaking my head at that dropped INT vs KC tho.  I feel like we could get by with Lawson or Apple starting for half the year but ultimately need to upgrade.  

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 1:03 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

NGL was rewatching some games on gamepass and Lawson was looking pretty good. Surprising because of his rep with lions fans, but I agree @Darbsk that he should be penciled in as the starter opposite mullen prior to offseason activities.

I'm all for bringing in Kirkpatrick plus drafting Jaylon Johnson or AJ Terrell at #19 or with a trade back. Let Lawson/Kirkpatrick battle it out for the starting spot in camp and bring Terrell/Johnson up throughout the season just like we did with Mullen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm all for bringing in Kirkpatrick plus drafting Jaylon Johnson or AJ Terrell at #19 or with a trade back. Let Lawson/Kirkpatrick battle it out for the starting spot in camp and bring Terrell/Johnson up throughout the season just like we did with Mullen.

This but I think both of those guys are capable of being day 1 starters... Agree in principle tho

Obviously there's still work to do in the draft, especially as far as depth is concerned. But overall, I'm feeling catiously optimistic about our defense this year. 

We'll have two new starting safeties in Randall/Abram that compliment each other really well and who both bring completely different skillsets. We'll have two new three down linebackers in Littleton/Kwit who can actually play in coverage. Plus I think Collins was a sneaky good addition in the middle of our defensive line and Nassib gives us a third starting caliber edge player to rotate in with our young guys. If guys like Crosby, Mullen, and Ferrell can make a 2nd year leap we could be in decent shape with another strong draft.

• Like 3