Raiders Defense

Rolni

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Peko, Billings, Butler were all signed. That's equal to the talent at RT imo. In that it's not great, but serviceable. 

Kyle Peko has played 21 games in 3 years for 3 different teams. Billings played in 6 games last year and was a healthy scratch for most of the year. Butler played in 10 games and was a healthy scratch for the Bills in most games. 

Brandon Parker/Alex Leatherwood have started at RT for us and Elemunor has started at RT for our current staff, lol.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Kyle Peko has played 21 games in 3 years for 3 different teams. Billings played in 6 games last year and was a healthy scratch for most of the year. Butler played in 10 games and was a healthy scratch for the Bills in most games. 

Brandon Parker/Alex Leatherwood have started at RT for us and Elemunor has started at RT for our current staff, lol.

Peko at least rushed the passer a little bit for Tennessee last year. I think he's better than Butler/Billings for sure. Those 2 I don't expect much from.

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Peko at least rushed the passer a little bit for Tennessee last year. I think he's better than Butler/Billings for sure. Those 2 I don't expect much from.

Which would give us at DT: Hankins who was meh last year and Peko who played in less than half of the Titans games as a situational pass rusher. 

• 1 month later...

There have been some reports over the last few days that we're interested in Suh, would love to add him to our DL group.

Edge - Crosby | Ferrell

IDL - Suh | Hankins | M. Butler

IDL - Nichols | Farrell 

Edge - Jones | Koonce | Fackrell 

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There have been some reports over the last few days that we're interested in Suh, would love to add him to our DL group.

Edge - Crosby | Ferrell

IDL - Suh | Hankins | M. Butler

IDL - Nichols | Farrell 

Edge - Jones | Koonce | Fackrell 

I'm not sure how much is in Suh, but he could be a good scheme fit.

He recently played base 3-4 DE with the Bucs and obviously he made his name and fame as a disruptive 4-3 DT.

He could be a base RDE or LDT for us and then a 3T DT in sub packages.

I doubt it tho...we signed and drafted so many bodies that I think we are set.

It is interesting that Ferrell will get a chance at OLB. I thought that he could have a better chance at base RDE, sub DT, but it looks like size matter even more to PG up front then I thought.

That EDGE group looks really strong and that could make this D work even without a superstar interior pass rusher. We would still need a guy like Nichols to put up consistent interior pressure, but if the interior can "just" push the middle of the OL, so the QBs can't easily step up in the pocket, then our EDGE terror can get home.

Crosby and Jones are as good as any duo in the NFL. The Koonce, Ferrell, Fackrell trio (if we keep 3 depth guy) looks really strong on paper. Koonce could be a really good fit as a speed guy behind Jones for us, while Ferrell can be a solid run defender on the edges. Fackrell can also offer a nice situational element. If Ferrell shows life, Fackrell could be a surprise cut at the end of TC...

I will be really interested how the base LDT and RDE spots will look like in OTAs. Who will play where along the interior line... 

4 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I'm not sure how much is in Suh, but he could be a good scheme fit.

He recently played base 3-4 DE with the Bucs and obviously he made his name and fame as a disruptive 4-3 DT.

He could be a base RDE or LDT for us and then a 3T DT in sub packages.

I doubt it tho...we signed and drafted so many bodies that I think we are set.

He definitely fits exactly what Graham wants to do as a 3-4 DE. 

Recent reports have said that us and the Browns are the two most likely destinations for him. 

And I don't think any of the moves we've made would prevent us from pursuing Suh. The only interior DL we invested into was Nichols with a 2 yr/$11M deal. Hankins, Butler, Peko, and Billings are all on 1 yr/$1M deals, none of them are guaranteed to even make the team. And the guys we drafted were 4th/5th round picks.

4 minutes ago, Rolni said:

It is interesting that Ferrell will get a chance at OLB. I thought that he could have a better chance at base RDE, sub DT, but it looks like size matter even more to PG up front then I thought.

That EDGE group looks really strong and that could make this D work even without a superstar interior pass rusher. We would still need a guy like Nichols to put up consistent interior pressure, but if the interior can "just" push the middle of the OL, so the QBs can't easily step up in the pocket, then our EDGE terror can get home.

Crosby and Jones are as good as any duo in the NFL. The Koonce, Ferrell, Fackrell trio (if we keep 3 depth guy) looks really strong on paper. Koonce could be a really good fit as a speed guy behind Jones for us, while Ferrell can be a solid run defender on the edges. Fackrell can also offer a nice situational element. If Ferrell shows life, Fackrell could be a surprise cut at the end of TC...

I will be really interested how the base LDT and RDE spots will look like in OTAs. Who will play where along the interior line... 

I really don't think that Ferrell is cut out to be an OLB.

The edge group does look pretty good though with some quality depth. 

Graham loves big DTs that can eat up space but man I hope we get Suh, dude never gets hurt and has 12 sacks over the last two seasons. Imagine getting like 12 sacks from Nichols/Suh.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I would be totally down with a Suh signing!

Suh-Hankins-Nichols would be a pretty solid interior DL IMO.

Crosby-Suh-Nichols-Jones would be a really strong sub DL too.

Suh has only missed 2 games over his 12 year career and has 6 sacks in each of the last two seasons. Wouldn't surprise me if Farrell takes Hankins starting job because Graham loves huge NT. Plus we'd have two other DL in Suh/Nichols that can generate pressure.