Raiders Defense

Rolni

3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I wonder if Suh wants to play for us.  That's the biggest question.  Seems like we've always had opportunities to sign him and we never do.  Guy is exactly what we need at the DT position.

It's time Suh, come to the dark side.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If that's washed I want it.

In 13 seasons he has never missed a game due to injury and his 6 sacks in each of the last two seasons are more sacks then we've had from an interior DL since Tommy Kelly. 

I think Suh would be a great influence on the younger guys too, having two first ballot HOF in Suh/Jones to show guys the ropes wouldn't be terrible.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Looks like we are building out that 3-4 if Suh signs.

Suh - Hankins - Nichols

Ferrell did an interview where he basically spilled the beans that we'll be using a 3-4 base defense. I could honestly see Farrell Jr taking Hankins spot at the 1T sooner rather than later as Graham has tended to love huge NT. Suh and Nichols both provide some juice as pass rushers too. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

3 bold predictions for the defense:

Farrell Jr starts on the DL

Harmon starts at safety

Hobbs starts on the outside

The only thing bold of those three IMO is Hobbs starting on the outside

A bold thing to say would be Matthew Butler starts at DL also

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

The only thing bold of those three IMO is Hobbs starting on the outside

A bold thing to say would be Matthew Butler starts at DL also

Assuming a 4th round rookie starts, a safety on a min deal takes our 1st round safeties job, aren't bold predictions?

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Assuming a 4th round rookie starts, a safety on a min deal takes our 1st round safeties job, aren't bold predictions?

See if you have a minimum deal that was handpicked by the new regime it has experience in the Defense over a safety that was drafted in the first round by the old regime I just got his fifth year option declined. 

Everybody on earth knows that Neil Farrell is going to start(unless he gets hurt)

6 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

See if you have a minimum deal that was handpicked by the new regime it has experience in the Defense over a safety that was drafted in the first round by the old regime I just got his fifth year option declined. 

Everybody on earth knows that Neil Farrell is going to start(unless he gets hurt)

Harmon didn't start when he played for Graham before though, lol.

Everyone on earth knows that he's guaranteed a starting spot?

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Harmon didn't start when he played for Graham before though, lol.

Everyone on earth knows that he's guaranteed a starting spot?

I mean he was a starter exactly what they need everywhere he's been. And he was picked by the new regime which means that Graham picked him. And of course he's from the patriot system. Everything points to him being the default starter