Raiders Defense

Rolni

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

I mean he was a starter exactly what they need everywhere he's been. And he was picked by the new regime which means that Graham picked him. And of course he's from the patriot system. Everything points to him being the default starter

He was a third safety throughout his time in New England and a starter on two terrible defenses the last two years.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Harmon had a worse coverage grade than Abram last year according to PFF.

They played two different types of safety responsibilities and two completely different defenses. 

PFF doesn’t account for that which is why I went any one brings up PFF it doesn’t really prove anything

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

They played two different types of safety responsibilities and two completely different defenses. 

PFF doesn’t account for that which is why I went any one brings up PFF it doesn’t really prove anything

Harmon was even worse the year before playing in a similar scheme with former Patriot coaches.

Really struggling to see Ferrell being a good fit at OLB unless he’s a big Edge on run downs only. He’s a major headache cap wise $10m albeit for 1 season if he’s not a fit for Graham.

Safety wise I am hoping Gillespie can stay healthy as he flashed ability and his skill set would appear to fit what we are looking for. 

Also intrigued to see if the new staff like Deablo and Perryman at ILB. 

Edited by Dessie
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dessie said:

Really struggling to see Ferrell being a good fit at OLB unless he’s a big Edge on run downs only. He’s a major headache cap wise $10m albeit for 1 season if he’s not a fit for Graham.

Safety wise I am hoping Gillespie can stay healthy as he flashed ability and his skill set would appear to fit what we are looking for. 

Also intrigued to see if the new staff like Deablo and Perryman at ILB. 

I doubt Ferrell plays much OLB or plays much at all for that matter.

Gillespie is a wild card and has kind of gotten lost in the sauce when looking at the roster. When did he flash ability though? I never saw him on the field, lol.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What does that have to do with Harmon struggling individually 

Because usually when a team sucks on a particular side of the ball everyone looks bad. PFF doesn't account for a complementary football. Because the problem is there's no "grade" or stat for that

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I doubt Ferrell plays much OLB or plays much at all for that matter.

Gillespie is a wild card and has kind of gotten lost in the sauce when looking at the roster. When did he flash ability though? I never saw him on the field, lol.

Yeah he was hurt but theoretically he would also fit with what the defense is trying to do athletically. It would be cool if he took that leap. That's all based on what he did in college

5 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah he was hurt but theoretically he would also fit with what the defense is trying to do athletically. It would be cool if he took that leap. That's all based on what he did in college

Hopefully he plays well for us since Graham likes to use two high safeties. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I actually think our CB's are going to be one of the biggest surprises for us this season. We don't have an obvious high-end stud right now but a good mix of vets/young guns, size, speed, etc.

• Mullen
  • Ya-Sin
  • Hobbs
  • Averett
  • Robertson

Our Strong Safety worries me though. Moehrig has FS on lock and I think he's going to go off, but the likes of the below doesn't instil much confidence.

• Harmon 
  • Abram (More of a S/LB hybrid maybe?)
  • Gillespie
  • ?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...