🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is almost as lame as empty trophy case. 

Almost. 

But 146 opportunities to add playoff wins in the last 25 years to only 25 of which are chances to add a Lombardi…not getting wins, especially given the amount of opportunities is way sadder. 

Last 25 years the Eagles only having one less SB appearance than Cowboys do playoff wins, and the Giants having the same number at 3…. kinda highlights how sad the Cowboys have been in January.

It is a good stat for pointing out how bad they’ve been. I’m curious how many years they’ve made it compared to others.

So I wanted to chart it

Rank. TEAM (last ten yrs  + 15 before that) total (Super bowl appearances)

1. GB (8+10) 18 (1-2 in SBa)

2. SEA (8+7) 15 (1-2 SBa)

3. PHI (5+9) 14 (1-1 in SBa)

4. Min (4+7) 11 (0 SBa)

5. DAL (4+6) 10 (0 SBa)

NYG (1+9) 10 (2-1 SBa

NO   (5+5) 10 (1-0 SBa)

TB    (2+8) 10 (2-0 SBa

9. ATL (3+6) 9 (0-2 SBa)

LAR (4+5) 9 (2-2 SBa)

SF   (4+5) 9 (0-2 SBa)

12. CAR (4+3) 7 (0-2 SBa)

13. WSH (3+3) 6 (0 SBa)

Chi (2+4) 6 (0-1 SBa)

ARI (3+3) 6 (0-1 SBa)

16. Det (2+3) 5 (0 SBa)

So Minnesota is the only one officially worse when it comes to making the playoffs and not making the Super Bowl. Though they have at least made the conference championship game 4 times in the last 25 years and are 8-11 in the playoffs (.727) compared to Dallas’ 3-10 (.231)

The only other teams that haven’t played in the NFC Championship game in the last 25 years were Washington and Detroit, which last played in it against each other in 1991. So Dallas has the 3rd longest drought at being up for even a conference championship trophy in the NFC. Despite being tied for the 5th most chances.

The lack of Super Bowl trophies was bad, but that’s a helluva long stretch to suck in the playoffs. Like the last handful of drafts have all been players that have never seen the Cowboys playing on Championship weekend. The guys Zeke’s age were the youngest on the cowboys roster that were alive for it for more context. 

(also this really showed how crappy the Giants have been this last decade. To be tied for 5th but only have 1 appearance in a decade is quite the downturn)

Imagine your favorite player not only made this list but you're still getting pumped up for the 2022 season?

highest paid QBs last 3 yrs vs playoff wins

$108.6M - Dak Prescott: 0

$107.0M - Russell Wilson: 1

$95.8M - Tom Brady: 5 playoff wins

$89.0M - Kirk Cousins: 1

$88.3M - Matt Ryan: 0

$82.7M - Jared Goff: 0

$80.0M - Ben Roethlisberger: 0

$77.8M - Carson Wentz: 0

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Almost. 

But 146 opportunities to add playoff wins in the last 25 years to only 25 of which are chances to add a Lombardi…not getting wins, especially given the amount of opportunities is way sadder. 

Last 25 years the Eagles only having one less SB appearance than Cowboys do playoff wins, and the Giants having the same number at 3…. kinda highlights how sad the Cowboys have been in January.

It is a good stat for pointing out how bad they’ve been. I’m curious how many years they’ve made it compared to others.

So I wanted to chart it

Rank. TEAM (last ten yrs  + 15 before that) total (Super bowl appearances)

1. GB (8+10) 18 (1-2 in SBa)

2. SEA (8+7) 15 (1-2 SBa)

3. PHI (5+9) 14 (1-1 in SBa)

4. Min (4+7) 11 (0 SBa)

5. DAL (4+6) 10 (0 SBa)

NYG (1+9) 10 (2-1 SBa

NO   (5+5) 10 (1-0 SBa)

TB    (2+8) 10 (2-0 SBa

9. ATL (3+6) 9 (0-2 SBa)

LAR (4+5) 9 (2-2 SBa)

SF   (4+5) 9 (0-2 SBa)

12. CAR (4+3) 7 (0-2 SBa)

13. WSH (3+3) 6 (0 SBa)

Chi (2+4) 6 (0-1 SBa)

ARI (3+3) 6 (0-1 SBa)

16. Det (2+3) 5 (0 SBa)

So Minnesota is the only one officially worse when it comes to making the playoffs and not making the Super Bowl. Though they have at least made the conference championship game 4 times in the last 25 years and are 8-11 in the playoffs (.727) compared to Dallas’ 3-10 (.231)

The only other teams that haven’t played in the NFC Championship game in the last 25 years were Washington and Detroit, which last played in it against each other in 1991. So Dallas has the 3rd longest drought at being up for even a conference championship trophy in the NFC. Despite being tied for the 5th most chances.

The lack of Super Bowl trophies was bad, but that’s a helluva long stretch to suck in the playoffs. Like the last handful of drafts have all been players that have never seen the Cowboys playing on Championship weekend. The guys Zeke’s age were the youngest on the cowboys roster that were alive for it for more context. 

(also this really showed how crappy the Giants have been this last decade. To be tied for 5th but only have 1 youappearance in a decade is quite the downturn)

You are adopted

2 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Cowboy fans getting tired of the razzing already? Buckle up baby, this **** has just begun. I got decades of frustration coming your way still. 

So are you

• Like 1

Somehow twitter now links me to Cowboys twitter on a lot of stuff, maybe because I clicked one thing one time, but Cowboys twitter is more irrational than Washington's. It's amazing.

They're having a brain aneurysm because the media says Devonta Smith is better than Michael Gallup. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Somehow twitter now links me to Cowboys twitter on a lot of stuff, maybe because I clicked one thing one time, but Cowboys twitter is more irrational than Washington's. It's amazing.

They're having a brain aneurysm because the media says Devonta Smith is better than Michael Gallup. 

They stan Gallup so hard

Its weird when Twitter does that, it was convinced I was into Washington sports for a couple months at the beginning of this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

The media isn't wrong. Cowboys fans have to believe otherwise because he's the WR that got paid and is essentially replacing Amari. GL with that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

They stan Gallup so hard

It's incredible. I'm kinda enjoying this little detour. 

Like the fact that someone didn't rank Gallup as the third best WR in the NFCE is blasphemy. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Like the fact that someone didn't rank Gallup as the third best WR in the NFCE is blasphemy. 

3rd? Is he even top 5? Whatever order that floats your boat.....

AJ Brown

Scary Terry

Cee Dee Lamb

Davonta Smith

#5 Sheppard , Gallup, Golladay, Toney??

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

3rd? Is he even top 5? Whatever order that floats your boat.....

AJ Brown

Scary Terry

Cee Dee Lamb

Davonta Smith

#5 Sheppard , Gallup, Golladay, Toney??

5th is probably fair. Golladay is probably still great if someone could throw him a football. 

27 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

was this last season or for looking ahead?

Cause AJ brown just slid everyone down.
Only person who'd have an argument to be equal or above him would be Terry.

Like do they really think both Gallup & Ceedee could be top 3 with those other two?

Whats crazy is as good as those two are, if Devonta gets to be in this more pass centric offense and puts up accordingly.
neither one of the the Cowboys wideouts could be top 3 after this season.
Which would be a certain kinda joy seeing that meltdown