🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

At this point, as the mostly uninformed general public, we don't know that he did or did not do it. 

As members of the mostly uninformed general public, having a strong opinion one way or the other as to whether or not Zeke actually did it is just that: an opinion. 

Living in absolutes regarding whether or not Zeke actually did this is foolish unless you are Zeke and his ex-girlfriend. And the investigators and individuals with access to the minutiae of this case are more informed that every fan at this point.

If I understand it correctly, that is more or less the point that @Phire has been trying to make and what @Matts4313 doesn't seem to understand.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RollEagles said:

At this point, as the mostly uninformed general public, we don't know that he did or did not do it. 

As members of the mostly uninformed general public, having a strong opinion one way or the other as to whether or not Zeke actually did it is just that: an opinion. 

Living in absolutes regarding whether or not Zeke actually did this is foolish unless you are Zeke and his ex-girlfriend. And the investigators and individuals with access to the minutiae of this case are more informed that every fan at this point.

If I understand it correctly, that is more or less the point that @Phire has been trying to make and what @Matts4313 doesn't seem to understand.

This is pretty spot on. Matts is convinced Zeke is innocent based on the lead investigator saying "he didn't do it." The problem is... that's not at all what the "lead investigator" said (there were two women that headed the investigations, so it's not exactly accurate that one was the "lead.") If Matts is forming his stance on a false premise, well, then that whole house of cards comes crumbling down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phire said:

Let's try this again. Need your source. Feel free to use Mknight's. But I would strongly advise against that since it clearly doesn't say that Kia Roberts said Zeke didn't do it. 

Seriously not seeing how Matts doesn't understand this concept. 

You broke it down perfectly, with a detailed and objective break down of the case from a legal standpoint.

But hey you only graduated from law school so what the hell would you know right?xD

55 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Seriously not seeing how Matts doesn't understand this concept. 

You broke it down perfectly, with a detailed and objective break down of the case from a legal standpoint.

But hey you only graduated from law school so what the hell would you know right?xD

just need him to walk into my trap then it's fatality 

I know I'm not really contributing anything much here in regards to to Zeke's suspension - I'm not really adept at talking law stuff.

However, if I take my green colored glasses off I will admit that its kinda BS that Zeke/the Cowboys have to go through this entire situation. Goodell is a hack and it looks like all of the owners are getting on board with that way of thinking as well. Its just really hard to sympathize for the guy because he seems like such an ahole haha. Also the dude really needs to stop with all the crop top ish, such a terrible shtick 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

So I have Blount on my fantasy team.  What is his role going to diminish to and how quickly will Ajayi be the only guy ?

I would say your best bet is to bench him or if you have a juicy waiver pickup drop him. At best his fantasy value should be equivalent to how many TDs he gets cause he wasn't getting worked much before and is likely going to get worked even less now. I don't think any of the Eagles RBs are a good investment in fantasy atm, although Ajayi could be good after the bye.

4 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So I have Blount on my fantasy team.  What is his role going to diminish to and how quickly will Ajayi be the only guy ?

Anything but very deep leagues I'm dropping him. He may have a game where he vultures a couple TD's but for the most part he's gonna continue to be super frustrating.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Anything but very deep leagues I'm dropping him. He may have a game where he vultures a couple TD's but for the most part he's gonna continue to be super frustrating.

Yeah my team was auto drafted and forgotten. I started Dalvin Cook for two weeks after he went to IR. Amazingly I'm 3-4 and could still squeeze a playoff spot. But I missed out to on all the hot waiver RBs. I've got Le'veon and Crowell but both are on bye. Dropped Cook obviously. Just grabbed Darkwa and I have him and Blount starting so I'm totally screwed. Should I grab Drake or Damien Williams and start them over Blount? I feel like Blount will still get goal line carries and Ajayi might be slow to be worked in.

No good RBs available really.

15 hours ago, Phire said:

Let's try this again. Need your source. Feel free to use Mknight's. But I would strongly advise against that since it clearly doesn't say that Kia Roberts said Zeke didn't do it. 

that is the source. She is an ex police officer. Even with a much lower burden of proof than the court system she still did not find any evidence that he did. On top of that, the "victim" texted out that she was lying about it. There are even eye witness that saw her in a bikini and stated she did not have bruising at the time he allegedly beat her. The only proof of any bruising happened after she got in a fist fight.

She did text some bruising a different time, with the message "we had rough sex". 

Again, multiple people have reviewed the case and came back with the thought that he never hit her.

Edited by Matts4313

16 hours ago, Matts4313 said:
16 hours ago, Phire said:

How do you know this for sure? There was evidence supporting the allegations. You weren't there.

Well, obvi, I dont. But there have been multiple investigators that have all looked into it and they have all said he didnt do it. They have all came to the conclusion that any bruising she had was from the fist fight she got in + she said she was going to frame him. So... im just connecting dots.

Are you all blind? I posted this two pages ago. I clearly understand that its not 100%. 

15 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Recommending Elliot shouldn't be suspended doesn't mean he didn't do anything, it means the investigator couldn't find enough evidence to think he deserved one.

Remember, this was not a court. There was no burden of proof nor was he innocent until proven guilty. If she thought he did it, she would have recommended suspension. She didnt think he did it. And she was the only person to interview the "victim", which she did 6 times.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Again, multiple people have reviewed the case and came back with the thought that he never hit her.

I'm not asking for your regurgitation. Give me any reliable source that says that Kia Roberts thought that he never hit here. Now you're raising the stakes and saying multiple people have concluded that. Give me a source. If multiple people have concluded that he never hit her, then it should be easy to find. I'm not asking for your recollections or summaries of what you've heard. Here's your chance to convince me I'm wrong and make me like a fool.

4 minutes ago, Phire said:

I'm not asking for your regurgitation. Give me any reliable source that says that Kia Roberts thought that he never hit here. Now you're raising the stakes and saying multiple people have concluded that. Give me a source. If multiple people have concluded that he never hit her, then it should be easy to find. I'm not asking for your recollections or summaries of what you've heard. Here's your chance to convince me I'm wrong and make me like a fool.

Im not going to get in an argument of semantics.

1. He said he didnt do it.

2. His friends say he didnt do it. (No bruises in a swimsuit)

3. Her friends say he didnt do it.  (she asked them to lie and say he did)

4. Her text say and bruising from him was from rough sex

5. The Columbus police say there is not enough evidence that he did anything.

6. The NFL recommended no suspension while having no burden of proof and a very low threshold for guilty.

There has been 0 people who have reviewed this case and walked away with the thought that he is a woman beater.