πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

54 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im scared the Giants are going to suck bad enough to get his replacement in the draft.Β 

The QBs in this draft suck so I'm not worried.

Random crazy thought.Β  Eli retires, the Giants steal Kirk Cousins in FA.Β  Now that I would hate.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The QBs in this draft suck so I'm not worried.

Random crazy thought.Β  Eli retires, the Giants steal Kirk Cousins in FA.Β  Now that I would hate.

Don't think Kirk goes there. All in all, I think the Giants hold off on drafting a QB in the first. They don't think Eli is done yet. Good QB's commonly play until they're 40 in this day and age.

Just now, Danger said:

Don't think Kirk goes there. All in all, I think the Giants hold off on drafting a QB in the first. They don't think Eli is done yet. Good QB's commonly play until they're 40 in this day and age.

I think you can still win games with Eli, maybe another year or two. But he's gonna have to be a game manager aka his brother late in Peyton's career.

With that said, having Favre didn't stop Green Bay from drafting Rodgers. Never too early to start thinking of Eli's replacement. I think there's a real shot they draft one and let him sit until Eli's done for good.

30 minutes ago, Danger said:

Lets roll with this topic. The future of the Skins.

Obviously it's looking sort of bleak at this point. But is Gruden there? It's looking more and more as time goes on that Kirk won't be. Where do they go moving forward? Where does Kirk wind up? I think it'd be a good marriage for him to go to Jacksonville.

We've been decimated by injuries this year.Β  I was only predicting a 7-9, 8-8 season anyways, so when 12 of our starters are currently out with injuries (4 on the Oline alone) things are going to look bad real quick.Β 

Is Gruden an amazing coach?Β  No, but I think he's decent.Β  I would keep him around a few more years.Β  With Dan Snyder anyone could be fired at any time though.Β Β 

The real problem with the Redskins is the front office.Β  Bruce Allen is a hack, and threw a tantrum when Scott McCloughan was getting the credit for the Redskins success the past two years.Β  So he embarrassed the guy by not letting him attend the combine, refused to let him speak with the media, put a bunch of damning speculation out there about the guy, then fired him, THEN took his scouting reports to orchestrate the Redskins draft this year so he could take the credit for himself.Β  Btw, its looked like a pretty good draft again for the Redskins.Β  That's 3 pretty solid drafts for the Redskins in a row under McCloughan, and the 4th year behind that we had hired McCloughan as an independent contractor and purchased his scouting reports.

Now all of that is gone.Β  McCloughan is currently suing Dan Snyder for not paying him the rest of his money.Β  So he's never coming back.Β  Bruce Allen doesn't know how to build a team, he only knows how to keep his job, like a snake.Β Β 

And then there's the Cousins situation.Β  The fact is if the Redskins want to keep him they will and there's really nothing any team can do about it.Β  We can simply Transition Tag him and then match any offer a team makes.Β  I really think the 49ers trading for Jimmy G was huge for us retaining Cousins because they were likely the biggest threat to steal him, due to his familiarity with Shanahan and the fact that they have tons of money.Β Β 

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The OBJ contract negotiations is a ticking time bomb.Β  He's stating on multiple occasions he wants to be the highest paid player in the league, of any position....

HeΒ mightΒ have a case to be the highest paid WRΒ in the league, but highest paid player? I don't think even he believes that'll ever happen. That said, I very much believe that he's just using Trump tactics displayed inΒ The Art of the Deal. By asking for the world, hoping to get what you truly want when youΒ "compromise". They both have that sort of arrogance to them.Β 

Disclaimer: My reference of Trump is not meant to be political in any way.

25 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

And then there's the Cousins situation.Β  The fact is if the Redskins want to keep him they will and there's really nothing any team can do about it.Β  We can simply Transition Tag him and then match any offer a team makes.Β  I really think the 49ers trading for Jimmy G was huge for us retaining Cousins because they were likely the biggest threat to steal him, due to his familiarity with Shanahan and the fact that they have tons of money.

Your biggest threat is Jacksonville. I'm not sure what their cap situation is given all of the FA signings the past two seasons but they are a legit SB contender with a viable QB. Which Kirk is. They might not be able to poison pill a offer but I'm sure it can be worded/offered to where Washington "can't/won't be able to match.

Bigger issue is the fact if your willing to Transition Tag him, why not give him his long term contract? They've screwed the pooch the past two seasons by not extending him. 45M already Guaranteed, with a Transition Tag of what almost 30, would be absurd. Your FO has literally placed your Franchise between a Rock and a Hard place. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Your biggest threat is Jacksonville. I'm not sure what their cap situation is given all of the FA signings the past two seasons but they are a legit SB contender with a viable QB. Which Kirk is. They might not be able to poison pill a offer but I'm sure it can be worded/offered to where Washington "can't/won't be able to match.

Bigger issue is the fact if your willing to Transition Tag him, why not give him his long term contract? They've screwed the pooch the past two seasons by not extending him. 45M already Guaranteed, with a Transition Tag of what almost 30, would be absurd. Your FO has literally placed your Franchise between a Rock and a Hard place. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Poison pills have been banned for a number of years now. But I agree that Jax is a big threat to the Skins.

36 minutes ago, Danger said:

@AcgottΒ @Gmen4evΒ and the other 3 giants fans exist on the site, what do you guys think of the whole Eli Manning situation moving forward?

Two opinions for me.

One realistic option is for him to continue playing for another 2-3 seasons while we draft his backup this upcoming draft. Let him learn behind Eli and in the meantime add as much talent to the offensive line as possible.

The other non realistic option that I'd also be fine with is that Eli wants to play another 15 seasons and regardless ofΒ regression I'd defend him over everyone that says he needs to retire.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Well because they don't really know what he's worth.Β  So let the market set a price for him, and then we'll match it.Β Β 

Also poison pill contracts have been banned, so Jacksonville can offer Cousins a lot of money, but they better be willing to pay it if we don't match.Β Β 

According to overthecap the Jags are up against the cap ceiling next year already (only $2 mil in cap space), but they'll be able to get some savings by cutting people like Bortles, who alone will save them $19 mil.Β Β 

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/jacksonville-jaguars/Β 

In comparison, the Redskins have $58 mil in cap space next year.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/washington-redskins/Β 

I find it hard to believe that Jacksonville could structure a deal that would prevent the Redskins from matching.Β 

The real threat was the 49ers because he had that familiarity with the coach and they have a ridiculous amount of cap.Β  But if a team like Jacksonville, Broncos, Cardinals, or whatever want to offer him a relatively reasonable deal there's no way we don't match it.Β Β 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:
1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

How about the 7-1 Eagles and any of their players

New traded for RB Jay AjayiΒ 

Possible return of Darby

Sidney Jones going to get placed on the 53 or shelved for the year

Eagles going to carry 5 RB or cut someone

MacaDoo Doo dysfunction in NY

NY players rebellion

Eli done after this year

Kirk

Gruden

Β 

Β 

Β 

Isnt that what the rest of the forum is for?

Last I checked the Eagles we're leading and part of the NFCE. We're not to discuss the Eagles or their players in our own forum? Only the other three teams apply for discussion in the NFCE Thread?Β 

You guys only discuss the in's and out of the Eagles, Skins and Giants in the Dallas Forum Thread? Or primarily stick to your own?