πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Pretty much, or at least, thats how I view it. Like if I wanted to read about Jay A trade, i would go to its separate thread here instead of talking about it in NFC E. Maybe thats just me.

Β 

Agree with this tbf. I always assumed the point of this thread was Redskins/Cowboys/Giants news.Β 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They're leading their division right now why wouldn't they bring Payton back?

There was talk immediately after last season the Saints would be willing to part ways with him, because he has such a big contract and how quickly the team could decline because of Brees' age and contract status.

6 minutes ago, ianlewis16 said:

Agree with this tbf. I always assumed the point of this thread was Redskins/Cowboys/Giants news.Β 

We have a whole board dedicated to Eagles talk. The whole point of this thread is to talk about our rivals, with our rivals.Β 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Here's another name we -could- cut, but it'd be a risky move. He's actually playing a bit better as of late. Vinny Curry. Would create 9 Million in cap space.

We'll probably cut him, then re-sign him to a more team friendly deal.

On 11/1/2017 at 1:00 PM, Phire said:

I've recently worked on several labor dispute cases. Some dude got hurt at work. Employer made him take a drugΒ test. Came back positive for some narcotics. No prescription.

The employer fired him. That's within their rights. Doesn't mean he's criminally "guilty" of anything. Employee wasn't "prosecuted." He maintains he had an old prescription he can't find. He may or may not have had it. The point is employers can make that type of decision based on circumstances that wouldn't be enough for criminal guilt.

Zeke's ex texted photos of her bruises to her aunt and mom on multiple occasions. Maybe thats not enough for criminal prosecution. In fact, if Zeke weren't a football player there'd probably have been charges and maybe a trial to figure it out.

The NFL looked at it and said its enough for a 6 week vacation.

This wasn't some quick conclusion they came to either.Β  They did an intensive YEAR LONG investigation where they saw enough to warrant said vacation...

8 hours ago, Danger said:

Here's another name we -could- cut, but it'd be a risky move. He's actually playing a bit better as of late. Vinny Curry. Would create 9 Million in cap space.

Actually we would save 5 million and take a 6 million cap hit.

You must be looking at the post June 1st release savings for that 9 million. The problem with that is Curry's contract is still on the books until June even if we cut him with the June 1st designation, so it does nothing to create room in March for free agency.

So, if we were to cut him it would only be a 5 million savings and with him playing wellΒ I can't imagine we take a 6 million cap hit this off-season.

In 2019 his dead cap would be 4 million and cap savings will be 7.25 million. I think that is more likely when he gets cut.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Actually we would save 5 million and take a 6 million cap hit.

You must be looking at the post June 1st release savings for that 9 million. The problem with that is Curry's contract is still on the books until June even if we cut him with the June 1st designation, so it does nothing to create room in March for free agency.

So, if we were to cut him it would only be a 5 million savings and with him playing wellΒ I can't imagine we take a 6 million cap hit this off-season.

In 2019 his dead cap would be 4 million and cap savings will be 7.25 million. I think that is more likely when he gets cut.

Just looking at these figures here.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/
2018, I guess it doesn't have the numbers for pre June 1st or something

Β 

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/vinny-curry-9869/
Are we not saving $5 Million, according to my math from this here. Remove the $11 Million cap hit, lose the aforementioned $6 million in dead money. I'm trying to learn the whole shindig with how the NFL cap works, still pretty new to a lot of the terminology.

Edited by Danger