πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

Β 

Just now, MKnight82 said:

He has ZERO chance of winning his appeal.Β  He's an idiot for appealing for this long.Β  Its hurting his team, and will really slam them if he's out during their late playoff push.Β Β 

This. He is never winning the appeal. People who think he is a woman beater aren't going to change their opinion of him no matter what, same with the other way around. This appeal does nothing but delay the inevitable.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Your missing Matts' argument, as well as Zeke's (If he in fact is truly innocent). Being that: If he's innocent, he wants to clear his name.

I understand his argument; it's just a dumb move regardless.Β  If he loses sponsors, they will cut bait regardless whether he beats this or not.Β  They would have most likely already.Β  Hence, that stuff is all based on public perception (your name with negative press, which has already happened).Β  The public will view him as a scumbag or not no matter he beats this or not.Β  In all likelihood, he will not beat this, though.Β  The CBA's power to punish is broad and threshold is low.Β  So, it's useless to fight it as it only delays the suspension aspect and puts your name out there negatively for a longer period of time.Β  Aside from homer-ish Cowboy fans, most people probably dont view Zeke in a positive light, win or lose.Β  That would be my guess based on experience of seeing these things play out with other players.

Better to get out in front and go off quietly into the night for the time being.Β  People will forget over time as long as you stay out of the press, negatively speaking.Β  Look at the sexual harassment cases that are happening with big moguls and such.Β  They're quickly disappearing and staying quiet for good reason.

5 minutes ago, Phire said:

Except, that's not the actual argument. What's being litigated is arbitration and contract law. Winning this case doesn't clear his name, and losing it doesn't mean he did anything either. If the NFLPA wins this case the courts aren't gonna say "Zeke didn't do it." That's not what they're battling in court.

Court of public opinion will be swayed though. You know this. If the NFL loses the case because the were fundamentally unfair in their investigation of Zeke, it makes Zeke look innocent.Β 

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Β 

This. He is never winning the appeal. People who think he is a woman beater aren't going to change their opinion of him no matter what, same with the other way around. This appeal does nothing but delay the inevitable.

And its drawn out the conversation for months now when people would have forgotten about it.Β  He's an idiot for continuing the appeal.Β Β 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I'd have to disagree with you on that. You underestimate the power of the masses of people who don't follow this sort of thing as closely as we do, and would just read he was suspended and therefore did it. Common sense isn't so common.

If the masses are that dumb then what are they waiting for? Why aren't they already doing that? You're telling me these people are so dumb that they'll read a headline and assume he did it... but they're waiting for the appeals process? If the people you claim exist actually exist, they'd already be out there based on the current headlines.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Court of public opinion will be swayed though. You know this. If the NFL loses the case because the were fundamentally unfair in their investigation of Zeke, it makes Zeke look innocent.Β 

There is ZERO chance the NFL loses the case.Β Β 

But you admit this is speculation, right? If the public is that stupid they'd already made up their minds.

Just now, Phire said:

For example, Dannon dropped the Cam Newton endorsement after his remarks like a hot potato. What endorsementΒ hasΒ Zeke lost? Who's protesting outside his house? Nobody. The people that matter understand he wasn't found guilty of anything. It's a moot point.

What endorsements does Zeke have aside from the Planet Endor tourist bureau?

You guys act like Zeke is the sole person fighting the NFL’s ruling.

The NFLPA is unbelievably desperate for a win in court over the NFL. They’re the driving force behind the non-stopΒ appeals, as far as I can tell.

Im sure Zeke would love to not be suspended, but I don’t think he cares that much about his image. Pretty sure heΒ still goesΒ out like every night

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonu62882 said:

I understand his argument; it's just a dumb move regardless.Β  If he loses sponsors, they will cut bait regardless whether he beats this or not.Β  They would have most likely already.Β  Hence, that stuff is all based on public perception (your name with negative press, which has already happened).Β  The public will view him as a scumbag or not no matter he beats this or not.Β  In all likelihood, he will not beat this, though.Β  The CBA's power to punish is broad and threshold is low.Β  So, it's useless to fight it as it only delays the suspension aspect and puts your name out there negatively for a longer period of time.Β  Aside from homer-ish Cowboy fans, most people probably dont view Zeke in a positive light, win or lose.Β  That would be my guess based on experience of seeing these things play out with other players.

Better to get out in front and go off quietly into the night for the time being.Β  People will forget over time as long as you stay out of the press, negatively speaking.Β  Look at the sexual harassment cases that are happening with big moguls and such.Β  They're quickly disappearing and staying quiet for good reason.

I didn't say it was the "Best move, at this point in time." I just understand why he's doing it.

Just now, matt79511 said:

You guys act like Zeke is the sole person fighting the NFL’s ruling.

The NFLPA is unbelievably desperate for a win in court over the NFL. They’re the driving force behind the non-stopΒ appeals, as far as I can tell.

Im sure Zeke would love to not be suspended, but I don’t think he cares that much about his image. Pretty sure heΒ still goesΒ out like every night

Zeke is pretty much irrelevant at this point. This is a power fight over the limits of Goodell's power under the CBA. Which is why it's dumb to assume sophisticated companies will drop endorsements.Β 

Which most people are you referring too? Because, nah. The average joe that knows the story thinks he is fighting the DV charge.

So when he eventually loses the appeal(which he absolutely will), won't that make the average joe think he is a woman beater? Didn't dragging this on and giving it more attention just hurt his perception more? Not a smart move.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phire said:

If the masses are that dumb then what are they waiting for? Why aren't they already doing that? You're telling me these people are so dumb that they'll read a headline and assume he did it... but they're waiting for the appeals process? If the people you claim exist actually exist, they'd already be out there based on the current headlines.

Yes.Β "Casuals." Who outnumber us at least tenfold.