πŸ¦…πŸ€  NFC East πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ†˜ | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

We don't know if he did or did not hit that woman.

Yes you guys have looked better, because Zeke started playing like Zeke again. You guys will be in the playoff race, though I wouldn't assume one way or another.

He knows if he did. Which is why I said from the other (his) perspective. If he knows he is innocent it makes a lot of sense as to why he would fight it tooth and nail.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

He knows if he did. Which is why I said from the other (his) perspective. If he knows he is innocent it makes a lot of sense as to why he would fight it tooth and nail.

Why do people who know they committed a crime post bail? It's just them losing more money. This isn't me saying "HE DID IT", but to draw the conclusion you have with your argument is kind of silly.

Edited by Danger

4 minutes ago, Phire said:

The Chiefs will put up a good fight even with Zeke. As usual, their game will come down to how aggressive Alex Smith is on that given Sunday.

Either way they are a quality opponent and so are you guys. If we win those games, we are just as much a superbowl contender as anyone in the NFL. We lose them, and we are probably just playoff hopefuls.Β 

Either way they are a quality opponent and so are you guys. If we win those games, we are just as much a superbowl contender as anyone in the NFL. We lose them, and we are probably just playoff hopefuls.Β 

If you lose both, I think it's more likely you miss out. You'd only really be able to lose one more out of 7 left to play.

Just now, Danger said:

Why do people who know they committed a crime post bail? It's just them losing more money.

To get out of jail?Β 

This isnt criminal though. This is civil. And not to beat a dead horse, multiple investigators and witnesses all said she is lying. I mean, no matter how much you hate Zeke you do have to have doubts that he hit that woman. Literally every time she claimed he beat her there was a witness there saying 1. he didnt do it, 2. there was no marks 3. they were at the apartment and didnt see or hear anything or 4. that she flat out made up the story.

Β 

To get out of jail?Β 

This isnt criminal though. This is civil. And not to beat a dead horse, multiple investigators and witnesses all said she is lying. I mean, no matter how much you hate Zeke you do have to have doubts that he hit that woman. Literally every time she claimed he beat her there was a witness there saying 1. he didnt do it, 2. there was no marks 3. they were at the apartment and didnt see or hear anything or 4. that she flat out made up the story.

Β 

I do have doubts, on both sides of the argument. What's the point of getting out of jail if you're just going to be in there anyways? Time spent in jail while in the legal process is in fact deducted from the final sentencing. So then why do people who know they've committed a crime post bail? All it does is pay their way to delay their sentencing.

*There were no marks.

And while all of that may be very true. Witnesses are not as credible as you make them out to be? Who wants to be the person responsible for the Cowboys best offensive player ending up in jail?

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

From the other perspective:Β 

You want an innocent man to vacate 1/3 of his salary, lose endorsements and fail to help his team because some psycho made up a couple lies about him.Β 

I mean, maybe principles weigh in here as well?

Aside from that - we are looking better right now than the Denver showing. Obviously we played some crap opponents. I would like to see how we look against the chiefs and you guys before making the claim that we are not doing anything this year.

From a reality standpoint based on legal knowledge, prior suspensions, and how the CBA works, it's almost a forgone conclusion that Zeke will face a suspension sooner or later.Β  By fighting it, you're prolonging the inevitable.Β  This can affect the team and himself while he's mentally dealing with the court battles.Β  People will believe what they want to believe either way; it's the court of public opinion.Β  Minds have already been made.Β  He'll still make more money than what he should know what to do with over his career anyway as he is a top echelon player.Β  The risk/reward isn't there strategically, IMO.Β  Do you want this to really go into next year and start off with not having Zeke the 6 games of the season?Β  You're putting your players in a bad spot to start a season and can easily demoralize them from the jump.

I am confident the way our team has been playing all year that we can beat the Cowboys.Β  If we beat the Broncos and you guys in the comings weeks, it'll be all but a certainty that we lockup a top 2 spot (assuming we don't lose anyone else important).Β 

22 minutes ago, Phire said:

The Chiefs will put up a good fight even with Zeke. As usual, their game will come down to how aggressive Alex Smith is on that given Sunday.

Idk. Alex Smith has 0 INTs this year, and our defense is basically useless when we don't get turnovers.

I don't think he has to do too much to have success- quite the opposite, even. Just let Kelce, Hunt, Hill and co. take care of business.

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This isnt criminal though. This is civil.

At this point everything else is irrelevant. The legal battles aren't over whether Zeke did anything or not. It's all about some boring labor law and arbitration procedures at this point. So really, the NFLPA winning this case or not really has no bearing on the underlying facts.Β 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

From a reality standpoint based on legal knowledge, prior suspensions, and how the CBA works, it's almost a forgone conclusion that Zeke will face a suspension sooner or later.Β  By fighting it, you're prolonging the inevitable.Β  This can affect the team and himself while he's mentally dealing with the court battles.Β  People will believe what they want to believe either way; it's the court of public opinion.Β  Minds have already been made.Β  He'll still make more money than what he should know what to do with over his career anyway as he is a top echelon player.Β  The risk/reward isn't there strategically, IMO.Β  Do you want this to really go into next year and start off with not having Zeke the 6 games of the season?Β  You're putting your players in a bad spot to start a season and can easily demoralize them from the jump.

I am confident the way our team has been playing all year that we can beat the Cowboys.Β  If we beat the Broncos and you guys in the comings weeks, it'll be all but a certainty that we lockup a top 2 spot (assuming we don't lose anyone else important).Β 

You being in the top 2 doesnt mean were not a contender. Plenty of wildcards have won the superbowl. And yes, I think a suspension next year will be much easier to swallow than this year. We are a *very* young team. By next year all our rookie/sophomore players will beΒ more developed. I think most of the Cowboys fanbase has been eyeing 2018 as the year we make a major push for a title. I think it will be easier to survive w/o Zeke. I also think we will game plan it better (have a high quality RB2), as we were 99% sure Zeke would win this.Β 

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

To get out of jail?Β 

Β 

Ohio ADA said from his experience believed there was most likely something there despite the inconsistencies, but not enough to be charge criminally obviously.Β  We know he has some aggressive sexual behavior (pulling a girl's top down in public with girl pushing his hand away) and had a violent physical altercation by KO'ing a guy in a bar along with extreme speeding in just a short period of time (with possibly other things we don't know about).Β  That's a pattern of self-destructive behavior for which he should address; otherwise, this will be the tip of the iceberg with more things to come in the future. Β  Β 

7 minutes ago, jonu62882 said:

Your missing Matts' argument, as well as Zeke's (If he in fact is truly innocent). Being that: If he's innocent, he wants to clear his name.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jonu62882 said:

Ohio ADA said from his experience believed there was most likely something there despite the inconsistencies, but not enough to be charge criminally obviously.Β  We know he has some aggressive sexual behavior (pulling a girl's top down in public with girl pushing his hand away) and had a violent physical altercation by KO'ing a guy in a bar along with extreme speeding in just a short period of time (with possibly other things we don't know about).Β  That's a pattern of self-destructive behavior for which he should address; otherwise, this will be the tip of the iceberg with more things to come in the future. Β  Β 

The KO thing is speculative. He was listed as an interested party for all of like 12 hours.

But you are right, he is immature. He needs to fix that before he royally screws up his career.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You being in the top 2 doesnt mean were not a contender. Plenty of wildcards have won the superbowl. And yes, I think a suspension next year will be much easier to swallow than this year. We are a *very* young team. By next year all our rookie/sophomore players will beΒ more developed. I think most of the Cowboys fanbase has been eyeing 2018 as the year we make a major push for a title. I think it will be easier to survive w/o Zeke. I also think we will game plan it better (have a high quality RB2), as we were 99% sure Zeke would win this.Β 

Okay, well agree to disagree on that strategy.Β  I know it's hard to admit defeat.Β  If stringing your hope on a wildcard spot, that's a much harder battle with having to play on the road all the time plus an extra game than locking up a top spot, getting a bye, and having HFA throughout.Β  We all know odds of winning it all are better with the latter than the former.Β  Not sure why you'd choose the former, when you're eyeing 2018 as "your year to make a push" and rather would have Zeke on suspension then.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Your missing Matts' argument, as well as Zeke's (If he in fact is truly innocent). Being that: If he's innocent, he wants to clear his name.

I think he is ignoring it all together and just saying "doesn't matter, getting suspended anyways". Which is why I moved on. Most humans dont operate that way. Most of us would want to fight as hard as we possibly could to prove our innocence and clear ourselves of any charges. I think Jonu's thought process is:

"youre going to lose, so just bend over now"

Which I think we can all agree is horsepoop if Zeke is in fact innocent.Β