🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

21 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t care about how he thinks about how impressive wins in the NFL are. Talk to me about matchups and what he thinks will happen. That’s more interesting than this garbage. “Struggling” and “not impressive” are subjective and arbitrary. Tell me how you think team A is going to beat the Eagles. Let’s actually see him put his money where his mouth is. Is Zeke going to have his way with us? Will Dak throw it up and down? Parsons going to wreak havoc? When the Eagles are top 2 or 3 in total offense and defense, I don’t want to hear about how effective they are. The proof is right there. If you don’t find that impressive, then nothing any team is doing this year is impressive. The Eagles have consistently won the most this year. Every other team has had at least 2 or more hiccups than the Eagles. What do you need to see? Comparatively, no one is doing better. 

Will be big next game for them to have Parsons and the Defense actually be them and not Cooper Rush disguised as Parsons… only reason he could’ve possibly be as embarrassed as he was that game, right? Cowboys fandom are way ahead on this wiping it all away because of Rush.

5 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Can’t wait until all this assessment means nothing. Reading him drone on about how he feels who has impressed him and in what capacity is asinine. Does he really believe NFL players sit at home and worry if they were the better team on paper? Such a nerd mentality. You have to play the game every week. The NFL is fickle. Styles dictate, injuries, travel, general rest and health, scheme, strengths and weaknesses  all factor in and change weekly. “Any given Sunday” is an age old quote for a reason. And winning is all that matters. Fact is the Eagles are one of the more rounded teams this year, more versatile than most and have suffered one loss through 13 weeks. Have a top 2-3 offense AND defense and I have to sit here and listen to some couch spud go on about how he hasn’t been impressed about a professional football team over the last month of a 17 week season. It’s getting more than silly at this point. When will it end? The SB? 2? 3? 

It’s incredible to me how many times I actually have to say this… but I have said several times now that the Eagles are a solid team. When talking about other teams that are right there with them competing for representing the NFC in the SB it makes sense to look at how the team has actually looked on the football field instead of just looking at whether or not they just won or lost. I’ve literally never implied that winning wasn’t the most important thing… at least not in terms of making the playoffs, seeding, etc. Of course wins are hugely important in that regard. But because of that we can’t take a deeper dive into how a team has actually been performing relative to their opponent any given Sunday? That’s just stupid.

By your logic a team could turn the ball over 5 times, miraculously get a win based on the opposing team making their own mistakes, and then none of that would matter when assessing their performance just because they won. By your logic all wins are equal… when they’re not. Again, you’d be right in saying that in regards to making the playoffs, seeding, etc… but when taking an actual look at how a team has been performing it’s just a painfully bad, lazy take.

Edited by NoFlyZone

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't remember Matts writing long boring posts.  Cowboys trolls are regressing. 

Perhaps I wasn’t trolling and was actually engaging in a conversation (foreign concept on forums dedicated to football discussion… I know). If you think those posts were too long then don’t read them — it’s reallllllly that simple lol. Or perhaps learn to read.. they’re truly not that long.

Edited by NoFlyZone

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Perhaps I wasn’t trolling this around and was actually engaging in a conversation (foreign concept for some… I knoe). If you think those posts were too long then don’t read them — it’s reallllllly that simple lol. Or perhaps learn to read.. they’re truly not that long.

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

giphy.gif

Next time I’ll consider just posting a gif. You know.. for the visually minded folk around here (specifically you, I guess). I know you probably prefer pictures over words. Maybe it’s boring when you have no real ability to carry on an actual discussion. 

But hey to each their own 😎

Edited by NoFlyZone

6 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

It’s incredible to me how many times I actually have to say this… but I have said several times now that the Eagles are a solid team. When talking about other teams that are right there with them competing for representing the NFC in the SB it makes sense to look at how the team has actually looked on the football field instead of just looking at whether or not they just won or lost. I’ve literally never implied that winning wasn’t the most important thing… at least not in terms of making the playoffs, seeding, etc. Of course wins are hugely important in that regard. But because of they we can’t take a deeper dive into how a team has actually been performing relative to their opponent any given Sunday? That’s just stupid.

By your logic a team could turn the ball over 5 times, miraculously get a win based on the opposing team making their own mistakes, and then none of that would matter when assessing their performance because their performance just because they won. By your logic all wins are equal… when they’re not. Again, you’d be right in saying that in regards to making the playoffs, seeding, etc… but when taking an actual look at how a team has been performing it’s just a painfully bad, lazy take.

Do you know how much analysis we’d truly have to do to actually comparatively get a respectable accurate assessment of each team and where they are against each other? A **** ton. 

Why make it difficult? It’s Ws and Ls. That’s all you need. 

Every team has issues. Every team will have to overcome them. We can easily take, say the top 5 or so teams in each conference and together go over their record for the year, dissect each game and why they may have slightly won or lost and never truly understand why some teams just don’t perform some weeks. But it happens to everyone. The really good teams tend to limit that though. That’s all the analysis you need. In the end, it’s doesn’t matter. Does it matter if Dallas beats everyone by 20 the rest of the year and gets wiped by Brady first round? It won’t. It’s a week to week league. A 17 week league will wash out all your complexities. You’ll be just left with your record and relative health going into the playoffs. That’s all that matters. The Eagles, as you put it, are solid indeed. Probably the most solid. If not the most, the top 3-4 most solid. And they can be knocked off just like any other team week to week. But they’ve proven week in and out so far, they’ve been one of the best to do it this year. Don’t know why there’s a discussion outside of that. 

19 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Next time I’ll consider just posting a gif. You know.. for the visually minded folk around here (specifically you, I guess). I know you probably prefer pictures over words. Maybe it’s boring when you have no real ability to carry on an actual discussion. 

But hey to each their own 😎

Its 2022 bro.  Just post a gif. 

48 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think Cowboys fans are having a hard time accepting that they're not being touted as the best team in the division for once. As well as not being touted as having the best roster etc like always. Only way to cope/justify not being the best is to over-contextualize.

They’ll be fine with it when they lose in the playoffs, never miss on excuses.

4 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Do you know how much analysis we’d truly have to do to actually comparatively get a respectable accurate assessment of each team and where they are against each other? A **** ton. 

Why make it difficult? It’s Ws and Ls. That’s all you need. 

Every team has issues. Every team will have to overcome them. We can easily take, say the top 5 or so teams in each conference and together go over their record for the year, dissect each game and why they may have slightly won or lost and never truly understand why some teams just don’t perform some weeks. But it happens to everyone. The really good teams tend to limit that though. That’s all the analysis you need. In the end, it’s doesn’t matter. Does it matter if Dallas beats everyone by 20 the rest of the year and gets wiped by Brady first round? It won’t. It’s a week to week league. A 17 week league will wash out all your complexities. You’ll be just left with your record and relative health going into the playoffs. That’s all that matters. The Eagles, as you put it, are solid indeed. Probably the most solid. If not the most, the top 3-4 most solid. And they can be knocked off just like any other team week to week. But they’ve proven week in and out so far, they’ve been one of the best to do it this year. Don’t know why there’s a discussion outside of that. 

You don't really need to overthink it. I'm not talking about a snap by snap analysis of the entire season here. And I wouldn't be looking to do to that to determine "why some teams just don't perform some weeks"... because I wasn't talking about just one weird, off game with the Eagles. I referenced an entire month in a row leading up to last Sunday. I was referring to a trend where the Eagles reallllly weren't necessarily playing like the top team in the conference on a week to week basis. As I mentioned before in this thread, even Washington was performing at least as well as the Eagles over that past month (including a head to head win)... but would you say that they are on the Eagles level? Probably not, right? Despite that over that notable stretch of games in a row Washington had the same exact record with a head to head win, with almost the same amount of points per game, with notably less points per game allowed, with a tougher strength of schedule? 

What about Dallas? To clarify, I'm talking about a Dak led Dallas. Since coming back from injury his team has literally the same record as Philly in that stretch of games. So who is better? How is that determined? I'm not even necessarily talking about a head to to head matchup... but in general. You're really telling me that context doesn't matter? That actual performance on the field doesn't matter? That the reasons behind wins and losses doesn't matter? Again, go back to my example of a team that turns the ball over 5 times in a game but still ends up winning because of the relative strength of their opponent... would you really say that was a good performance and all that matters is the win? Again, the win matters for making the playoffs, seeding, momentum, etc... but you can't honestly say it's all that matters when judging teams of similar records... sometimes you have to actually talk about what is happening in those actual games and not just blindly going off record.

I'll just reiterate again that I think the Eagles are a strong team... but when comparing them to other contenders in the conference I think it makes sense to actually evaluate what goes on in the games.. especially when we're talking about similar records.

Edited by NoFlyZone

4 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

The real issue here is @NoFlyZone you can’t be enemy #1 without an avi. Get that issue fixed immediately 

@Kiltmanhelp a guy out

I mean honestly I just thought I was a placeholder for Matts. When is the guy getting unbanned? I'm just tryin to fight the good fight in his absence. 

(ps if the Cowboys lose on Christmas Eve maybe I'll throw on any avi of your choosing)

Edited by NoFlyZone

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think Cowboys fans are having a hard time accepting that they're not being touted as the best team in the division for once. As well as not being touted as having the best roster etc like always. Only way to cope/justify not being the best is to over-contextualize.

Me: I think the Eagles are a strong team, I just don't think they're quite as strong as they're touted and other teams in the NFC actually might have as much a chance as they do based on some of their more recent performances over the last month

You: LOL Cowboys fan mad his team isn't #1

Me: No, don't get me wrong, I think Philly is good and I --

You: Lmaooo "wE dEm bOyS111!!"