🦅🤠 NFC East 🤷‍♂️🆘 | Celebrating the Cowboys' 28 Years of Sadness

Phire

3 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

The Philly obsession with Dak Prescott is fun. Wonder why it exists… maybe something to do with owning that franchise? Just a curious thought. 

You know what I find amusing, as well? 

If Dak is so good, as most cowboy fans and some NFL nerds claim, why do I have to hear the conversation so much? If it’s some foregone conclusion, why is there just some massive amount of debate and discussion over it? When I hear that Tom Brady is good, I don’t hear any debate. Rodgers? Burrow? Herbert? Mahomes? No debates. But Dak? Pages and pages and hours and hours of back-and-forth.

I’ve never witnessed so much debate over a guy that some say is a convincingly enough good player. 

• Like 2

On 1/12/2023 at 10:53 AM, Jroc04 said:

Your emoji game needs work. 

Very much looking forward to Shockwaves game film eval. Should be riveting stuff. 
<insert emoji>

Man I'm going to try but you've set a high bar in here...

Dak Sucks..
Eli Face
Wentz is a ginger
Romo choked

Riveting 🤡

Edited by Shockwave

On 1/14/2023 at 8:19 AM, Jroc04 said:

You know what I find amusing, as well? 

If Dak is so good, as most cowboy fans and some NFL nerds claim, why do I have to hear the conversation so much? If it’s some foregone conclusion, why is there just some massive amount of debate and discussion over it? When I hear that Tom Brady is good, I don’t hear any debate. Rodgers? Burrow? Herbert? Mahomes? No debates. But Dak? Pages and pages and hours and hours of back-and-forth.

I’ve never witnessed so much debate over a guy that some say is a convincingly enough good player. 

Comes with having the star on your helmet. I’m used to every player on the Dallas roster supposedly being an overrated, overhyped, overpaid fraud. It’s a tire, old take and I’ve been hearing since day 1 of being a fan. It’s not like I’m even clamoring for Dak to be seen on the level of Mahomes or something.. but for people to say he isn’t good is absolutely ridiculous.

14 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Comes with having the star on your helmet. I’m used to every player on the Dallas roster supposedly being an overrated, overhyped, overpaid fraud. It’s a tire, old take and I’ve been hearing since day 1 of being a fan. It’s not like I’m even clamoring for Dak to be seen on the level of Mahomes or something.. but for people to say he isn’t good is absolutely ridiculous.

Meh. You know better than me but I couldn’t tell you someone as polarizing as he is. Even Romo, with the same playoff success, was universally considered a good QB. I think, because of the star, we get these guys jammed down our throats nationally. People tend to get exhausted. Jerry has built an absolute brand and there is something to being a lifelong cowboy. But I think Dak’s criticism is warranted. He’s got hurdles to overcome still. 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Meh. You know better than me but I couldn’t tell you someone as polarizing as he is. Even Romo, with the same playoff success, was universally considered a good QB. I think, because of the star, we get these guys jammed down our throats nationally. People tend to get exhausted. Jerry has built an absolute brand and there is something to being a lifelong cowboy. But I think Dak’s criticism is warranted. He’s got hurdles to overcome still. 

Don't think many people would argue that Dak isn't good. He is clearly an above average level QB. It's when people tout his stats and claim he is a surefire top 5-8 guy that the conversation starts to get ugly.

The Cousins comparison is very fair. He is a top 10-13 guy who has games where he plays better than that but his setbacks limit him from securing a higher spot.

Buy ya Dak sucks.

Are we rooting for or against the Cowboys? On one hand it the Cowboys so we hate their guts and every thing they stand for.

On the other hand, the Cowboys can at least threatened the 49ers, the Bucs are just going to get steamed rolled by them, plus it would be impressive having 3 NFC East team among the final 8.

Edited by Go_Giants

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

Are we rooting for or against the Cowboys? On one hand it the Cowboys so we hate their guts and every thing they stand for.

On the other hand, the Cowboys can at least threatened the 49ers, the Bucs are just going to get steamed rolled by them, plus it would be impressive having 3 NFC East team among the final 8.

Every Dallas loss is a good loss. As funny as it would be to have 3 NFCE teams in the final 4 given the amount of 💩 talking this website did about how horrible the NFC Least was. 

Another Dallas/Dak choke job and the 24/7 drama of Jerry being pissed, would be even funnier!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

This weekend shaped up perfect for me. I have a good friend of mine who’s a Bucs fan so I’m glad we won’t be playing them next week. So, now I can full on root for a Cowboys loss knowing we wouldn’t see Brady until the NFCCG at most. With that said, even with a Viking win yesterday, I 1000% would have been rooting for a cowboy loss tonight. A little friend turmoil is worth a Dallas face plant. I’m actually really excited to watch this tonight. 

Frankly, I think Dallas is in trouble tonight. They haven’t exactly been good on the road since Dak has been back. 2-3 or something. 

Edited by Jroc04

13 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

While there is some truth to that, as it is the most disliked franchise in this league. You are by no means used to it, if you were, you wouldn't spend so much time defending the guy, and you do that is even in your own team's forum. If he was as good as you make him out to be or you were used to it, there would be no debate to be had or you'd just let it slide.

6 hours ago, Go_Giants said:

I root for Cowboys to lose more than I root for the Eagles to win. So, what would be the upside for rooting for Dallas today?